[3.5] Ice Spear CoC Deadeye AKA Ice Laser (Cheap) (Endgame Viable) (Shaper DOWN)

"
Majad wrote:
Hi, OP. I'm doing the same build.

My gear:

Spoiler

Have you considered getting more Crit Multi from tree instead of hp? Survivability isn't an issue if you have an helmet like mine, along with a watcher's eye (like mine) while also having a shaper neck with cold leech plus your ascendancy. I'm currently sitting at 4,879 hp and I've been critted by Minotaur (with non-maxed light resis due to map mod) and I just won't die.

Mana isn't an issue for me cause I've got alira plus 2 elreon mods and 2 jewels with 2+ mana on hit. I don't lose mana and I can even do no regenerate maps.

You should also use a Beltimber and drop GMP for other gems like crit or crit multi or wtv you prefer.

The only expensive thing I bought was the 6l, Watcher's Eye for 4 ex and my boots for like 3ex (though they are unncesary tbh but help a ton). The rest I bought cheaply or crafted myself (like my neck through Jorgin r3 on research).

The gear I'm still missing is a 6L Loreweave, getting lab enchant on helm and that's it. And maybe take out a gem for crit multi (considering my ice spear always crits, as is).

I already do guardians easily and less than 2 mins. I only need to do shaper and try to spawn uber elder.

What do you think?

I don't like the idea of going below 5k hp but the best sources of crit multi on the tree are from jewels which I have included already.

I think dropping GMP is a terrible idea as it is the single most important support gem. Bringing us from 2 to 6 projectiles with a .74 multiplier effectively gives us 122% More damage multiplier which is more damage than any support.
I considered using a beltimber but I couldn't justify using a weapon with attackspeed and crit chance much lower than other options. I treat attack speed as a more damage multiplier in that the faster my base weapon, the easier it is for me to reach 0.15 cast on crit cooldown so I chose to use a weapon with 2 aps instead.

Using 2 purities and watchers eye is great way to get better defences. I do however think that herald of ice is pretty important to help with clear.
"
mugwara wrote:
Would not it be interesting to use two Goredrill daggers? she has good bonuses related to criticism and bleeding, if you can take a look and tell me what you think ...

weapon priorities are attack speed and crit chance. goredrill wouldnt be a good choice
I confirm that attack speed makes a huge difference. I use Blood Rage aswell to gain frenzy charges to boost it even more.
Also, dont be afraid to use Maligaros for gloves.
Evasion + crit chance + crit multi + attack speed + dex.
I swapped out the chance on crit gem since the gloves gave a tremendous boost. Less defence than gloves with resists etc, but amazing for creating crit trains. I still have +5k life due to life on jewels. With Leysonics skill tree I will prolly reach way over 6k life.

Was mapping yesterday with other ppl on T10-T11 maps and was definately the best map clearer in the party. Just whirling around and completely nuking down rooms, but I still have some shitty gear and only got 1 fully levelled gem.
Also, dont be afraid to use Maligaros for gloves.
Evasion + crit chance + crit multi + attack speed + dex.
I swapped out the chance on crit gem since the gloves gave a tremendous boost. Less defence than gloves with resists etc, but amazing for creating crit trains. I still have +5k life due to life on jewels. With Leysonics skill tree I will prolly reach way over 6k life.

Was mapping yesterday with other ppl on T10-T11 maps and was definately the best map clearer in the party. Just whirling around and completely nuking down rooms, but I still have some shitty gear and only got 1 fully levelled gem.
"
mugwara wrote:
Would not it be interesting to use two Goredrill daggers? she has good bonuses related to criticism and bleeding, if you can take a look and tell me what you think ...

They're bad. No crit multiplier, which is more important at higher levels than crit, and you can't craft the new mod which gives spell damage and extra dmg as chaos.

"
Dragonnik1 wrote:
thanks for reply what about swapping hypo? Malachai's Artifice idea is genius!!. I had to stop using Hearld of ice, but boss DPS seems great:)
i was able to adjust res with bit loss of HP, but its ok i can get it with decent Ammy.

I'm not sure about hypothermia. It's damage boost is pretty good, almost 40%, but in my case I might swap it out for crit multi gem.

You'll have to run down a sim in PoB to see what's best.

As or HoI, I don't use it and it's a non issue for me when clearing. It would be faster if I used it and swapped it for Arctic Armour but I'd rather be tanky and my dps is fine either way.

"
Leysonic wrote:
Malachai's artificice is good only for bosses by themselves and doesn't help as much with your clear damage and doesn't have life so i'm not as inclined to suggest it as a replacement.

I don't have issues with boss clears, so that's why.
"
Leysonic wrote:
I don't like the idea of going below 5k hp but the best sources of crit multi on the tree are from jewels which I have included already.

I think dropping GMP is a terrible idea as it is the single most important support gem. Bringing us from 2 to 6 projectiles with a .74 multiplier effectively gives us 122% More damage multiplier which is more damage than any support.
I considered using a beltimber but I couldn't justify using a weapon with attackspeed and crit chance much lower than other options. I treat attack speed as a more damage multiplier in that the faster my base weapon, the easier it is for me to reach 0.15 cast on crit cooldown so I chose to use a weapon with 2 aps instead.

Using 2 purities and watchers eye is great way to get better defences. I do however think that herald of ice is pretty important to help with clear.

Yeah. I did some calcs and it seems GMP is better. I'm dropping my crit strike gem to see how it feels. Though this means I can't use a loreweave because it's hard to get 5G and 1B lol...

And with my current weapons, using a beltimber is better for me. The AS is a non issue atm but idk since I'm removing crit.

As for HoI, like I've said. Clearing is a non issue for me. :)
fph ~ Orbs work in real life. I exchanged my ex for a lot of regrets.
Last edited by Majad on Dec 29, 2018, 11:49:42 AM
Really nice build, took down Shaper with no real difficulty and same with Red Elder. Feels really fats and not too squishy in those fights or in t16 maps.
"
Lillsjon wrote:
Really nice build, took down Shaper with no real difficulty and same with Red Elder. Feels really fats and not too squishy in those fights or in t16 maps.

thanks im glad you found this to your liking

i was just using the 5k life mathil formula
why not take vaal pact? its 1 point away and your only life regen is from teh golems blood keystone, would make your 3% life leech be 6%
"
PathOfExLie wrote:
why not take vaal pact? its 1 point away and your only life regen is from teh golems blood keystone, would make your 3% life leech be 6%

I don't think its worth the point because I would have to take away a life node. Also a large part of our sustain is life gain on hit from ascendency so vaal pact isn't neccessary.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info