[3.7] Storm Brand Elementalist. League Starter, Deathless Uber Elder.

"
bananajorge wrote:
Why use Hypothermia and not other skill? Maybe Ice Bite?

With only 3 frenzy charges the damage on ice bite is pretty terrible. All of the links were chosen for the simple reason that they provide the most damage.

Hypothermia also has the added bonus of making our chill stronger, and giving us additional chance to freeze, which also improves safety. That isn't why it was chosen, but it is cool.

"
starexile wrote:
I imported the PoB and the fire resistance is only 9% (due to Malachai's Artifice). Is there something that's not in the PoB or are you actually mapping at 9% fire res??

That's just path of building not understanding the conditionals on malachai's artifice. I have 109% fire resist in game.
Great build! Was having some concerns about clear speed on a budget (I.e. no inpulsa’s). Does the clear speed still preform admirably without it or would you recommend going for a herald of ice innervate setup?
"
Ellipsist wrote:
Great build! Was having some concerns about clear speed on a budget (I.e. no inpulsa’s). Does the clear speed still preform admirably without it or would you recommend going for a herald of ice innervate setup?

Clearspeed is storm brand's forte. I went to level 90 on a tabula before I bought my inpulsa and it was still great. I also used carcass jack for a while and that was great too. I've talked about the reasons I use inpulsa a few times already in this thread, but suffice it to say inpulsa is not even remotely necessary for the build to perform well.
Last edited by magicrectangle on Jan 3, 2019, 2:15:34 AM
"
starexile wrote:
I imported the PoB and the fire resistance is only 9% (due to Malachai's Artifice). Is there something that's not in the PoB or are you actually mapping at 9% fire res??

PoB doesn't recognize the Malachai's ARtifice resistance.
Hi, thanks for posting this build. This is a lot of fun to play.
I'm almost 80 with it. I've spent about 50c and I can clear almost anything, it's great.

I want to mention, getting those Dodge nodes is extremely important. It's night and day difference with them.

I do have 1-2 questions if you don't mind:

1. My golems seem to die a lot, even with the Ascendency. Do I just need to stay further away? It's hard to tell what is killing them. I'm thinking it's chaos or phys dmg.

2. Is there anything I can do to mitigate those exploding pricks?? I don't know what they're called, but they shoot pricks at you when they die.
I have very bad phys reduction, so those things are destroying me.
Any advice?

Thanks in advance!

"
billski82 wrote:
1. My golems seem to die a lot, even with the Ascendency. Do I just need to stay further away? It's hard to tell what is killing them. I'm thinking it's chaos or phys dmg.

This is the reason I take the spiritual aid nodes. The damage you get from them is okay, not the highest possible, but you get 1% life regen for your minions from righteous army, which really helps them not to just die all the time. They still do get killed sometimes (usually by fortification syndicate encounters), but incidental damage no longer adds up to a dead golem.

Golem gem level and quality also increases golem life.

"
2. Is there anything I can do to mitigate those exploding pricks?? I don't know what they're called, but they shoot pricks at you when they die.
I have very bad phys reduction, so those things are destroying me.
Any advice?

This is one of the reasons I use inpulsa - if the corpse is consumed by the inpulsa explosion, it doesn't make spikes. But of course that's a higher budget thing. There's several lower budget things I'm also doing that help with this:

1) Temple dodge boots for another ~10-12% attack dodge

2) Vaal grace. Pop it if you see a big pack of porcupines (or for syndicate encounters)

3) Basalt flask

If these things don't prove to be enough (they probably will), you could try to get more cold damage so you can freeze and shatter them more reliably. The easiest way to do that is to swap lightning pen for added cold in your main link. This will lower your damage, particularly on bosses and resist / equilibrium maps, so I'd only do it if nothing else is working.

-----------------------

On an unrelated note, your mainhand wand "sorrow bane" actually has local lightning damage crafted on it (lightning damage to attacks with that weapon), rather than to spells, crafted on it. Unfortunately it cannot have lightning damage to spells, due to having 1-2 cold damage to spells. Probably going to need a new wand.

It is unfortunate the way they word it, because "adds x to y lightning damage" on any piece of gear other than weapon actually is global and does apply to spells. But on weapons sadly no.
Last edited by magicrectangle on Jan 3, 2019, 5:11:41 PM
"
This is the reason I take the spiritual aid nodes.

Thanks for pointing that out! I had just removed those points to get the Dodge nodes. I'll just level up a few times tonight and get those nodes.

"
This is one of the reasons I use inpulsa - if the corpse is consumed by the inpulsa explosion, it doesn't make spikes. But of course that's a higher budget thing. There's several lower budget things I'm also doing that help with this:

1) Temple dodge boots for another ~10-12% attack dodge

2) Vaal grace. Pop it if you see a big pack of porcupines (or for syndicate encounters)

3) Basalt flask

If these things don't prove to be enough (they probably will), you could try to get more cold damage so you can freeze and shatter them more reliably. The easiest way to do that is to swap lightning pen for added cold in your main link. This will lower your damage, particularly on bosses and resist / equilibrium maps, so I'd only do it if nothing else is working.

-----------------------

On an unrelated note, your mainhand wand "sorrow bane" actually has local lightning damage crafted on it (lightning damage to attacks with that weapon), rather than to spells, crafted on it. Unfortunately it cannot have lightning damage to spells, due to having 1-2 cold damage to spells. Probably going to need a new wand.

It is unfortunate the way they word it, because "adds x to y lightning damage" on any piece of gear other than weapon actually is global and does apply to spells. But on weapons sadly no.

Great info! I'll be making some adjustments tonight.
I didn't really check if that lightning damage worked on that wand, I just assumed it did because of the wording, like you said.

Thanks for the feedback, and awesome build!
Last edited by billski82 on Jan 3, 2019, 6:43:15 PM
managed to kill uber elder i sadly used all portals but i got him i need level up my purity of ice it was level 1 and get use to slow boots the build is very good :)

[img]https://i.imgur.com/Z2wss2j.png[/img]
"
managed to kill uber elder i sadly used all portals but i got him i need level up my purity of ice it was level 1 and get use to slow boots the build is very good :)

Congrats on the kill, condolences on the deaths. Bright side, it doesn't look like you missed any good loot.

Kaom's roots are amazing for the fight, and will make everything a ton easier so long as you can make your resists work (just capped, don't need over-capped for the fight).

Just buy a level 21 purity of ice. 21 purity of ice, with +2 from essence worm gets you just to the level 23 breakpoint of +5% max cold resist, for an even 80% cold resist.

Or you could just leave wrath in, since IIRC you are running the wrath mana leech watcher's eye, which is also a nice defensive tool (keeping your mana full always for MoM on boss fights).
yeah i used a level 1 purity i was one tapped by anything that touched me basically but i will try with a 21 when i spawn him again when i ripped i was praying for no jewel lol but i am happy i killed him with level 19 gems at 89 :)
Last edited by AngusKhanTheGreat on Jan 3, 2019, 8:12:18 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info