[3.7] Storm Brand Elementalist. League Starter, Deathless Uber Elder.

For all the spectators looking at the item crafting discussion and thinking "I can't afford that" I want to reassure you that the build doesn't need anything like this kind of gear to function very well. I've killed uber elder deathless with the build on a 5-link. I used tabula and some random ~5 chaos wands up to level 90. This is a league starter / budget build, but it does have the ability to scale up with higher level gear if you want it to.

The build is also completely SSF viable. The only real important unique is malachai's artifice, which is super common, and while important, not strictly necessary. Prior to getting it I honestly wouldn't even change anything. You could go the herald route, but reflect immunity and native life leech are even more important in SSF than in trade league, so I'd probably just keep them and accept having a bit lower damage until I happened to find/chance/ancient my way into an artifice.
Really cool build that you have.
I'm quite enjoying it right now, guardians were a joke, red elder same, shaper got exploded by traps. Just missing uber elder but I may try it soon.
Brands by itself may be slightly broken tbh, the downside of just not having the possibility to use a totem (and actually you still can when linked to multiple totems) doesn't quite compensate the fact that they are immortal, auto-aimed and can leech for you.

Just crafted this and and trying to do another one too. I didn't have the balls to annul and imprint wasn't possible since I had spell damage on the magic version. That's still at least a 10% dps increase for me without even considering the added pen.
how bad of an idea it would be to just buy 2x shade of solaris and roll with them?
hay i managed to get the rolls again after selling my other one i wish i didt lol i annul off cold damage to leave me with

"
karmakebu wrote:
how bad of an idea it would be to just buy 2x shade of solaris and roll with them?

Short answer: Early league shade of solaris was going for like 10 chaos, and at that price it was a decent option. Now it is going for 100 chaos, and you can easily get better rares for less money.

Long answer:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2276823/page/3#p16072612

"
hay i managed to get the rolls again after selling my other one i wish i didt lol i annul off cold damage to leave me with

well, that's literally perfect, so congrats on that.

"
Krahmouasy wrote:
Really cool build that you have.
I'm quite enjoying it right now, guardians were a joke, red elder same, shaper got exploded by traps. Just missing uber elder but I may try it soon.
Brands by itself may be slightly broken tbh, the downside of just not having the possibility to use a totem (and actually you still can when linked to multiple totems) doesn't quite compensate the fact that they are immortal, auto-aimed and can leech for you.

Just crafted this and and trying to do another one too. I didn't have the balls to annul and imprint wasn't possible since I had spell damage on the magic version. That's still at least a 10% dps increase for me without even considering the added pen.

It is still a pretty high damage wand, as you say. I know it can get pretty frustrating burning hundreds of alt orbs, and then nuking all that work with an annul.

As for whether brands are broken, I assume they consider them balanced due to not having top tier boss damage output. The thing is, they don't really need top tier boss damage output, because you don't have to stop doing mechanics in order to DPS the boss. Even if you're only doing 500-600k boss DPS, if you're doing it continuously while avoiding mechanics, that's actually quite good.

And then of course there's lightning spire trap if the boss is willing to stand still for a bit. :D
Last edited by magicrectangle on Dec 31, 2018, 5:40:34 PM
hay i picked this jewel up it should work for this build?

"
hay i picked this jewel up it should work for this build?

I'm extremely drunk at the moment, but I'm pretty sure that's a good jewel. It has cast speed, which is great. Minion damage, which is fine since we have spiritual aid, life, which is great, and resist, which if you need it is a good thing.
Firstly build is great :D really enjoying it.

Is this worth a multi mod, and maybe a crit variant of the build or something?

Opinions on running
?

SSF HC atm just wondering if I should go with the three dragons, already running double oblit

edit: Well I died lmfao nevermind on that one, still love the build, though
Dan_Krillson - Lvl 100 Arc Totems -
#2 Hierophant Betrayal
Last edited by Bobbyde3e on Jan 1, 2019, 12:07:11 PM
"
Blaargh wrote:
Firstly build is great :D really enjoying it.

Is this worth a multi mod, and maybe a crit variant of the build or something?

It is good, but I'd sell it rather than crafting it personally, since we're a non-crit build.

I don't think it is worth going crit with the build. You have to give something up to do that. The most likely thing to give up would be acrobatics. But really the build just doesn't need any more damage, so trading down defense for damage isn't that appealing.

"
Bobbyde3e wrote:
Opinions on running
?

SSF HC atm just wondering if I should go with the three dragons, already running double oblit

Since the build doesn't use herald of ice, I'm not sure you get a ton of gain out of three dragons. I suppose you do gain some safety from more reliably freezing stuff, but you also lose some safety from not having any life on your helm.

Putting added cold into your links in place of added lightning might be a better way to get freezing going on. That won't make inpulsa explosions freeze, but since you're SSF and running obliterations I assume you don't have inpulsa.

As for the obliterations, how do you like them? It is a fun inpulsa-like effect on a budget, but you do give up a fairly massive amount of damage running them instead of some rares.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info