[3.7] Storm Brand Elementalist. League Starter, Deathless Uber Elder.

"
Vizardcqc wrote:
Hey all iv been really enjoying this build,the only issue is that i feel really squishy.is there anyway i can get more tanky?I keep getting destroyed alot

Our defense is about:
Mind over Matter
Dodge
Mobility

You haven't gone down to acrobatics and phase acrobatics yet, which is a huge part of our survivability. Here's a passive tree that will get you phase acro by level 79.

It looks like you might be missing 2 passive points. Do
/passives
to see what passives you might be missing.

Boots with the life and mana leech if you killed recently enchant would be a help. You do currently have life leech, but no mana leech. Mana is a big part of our defense because of mind over matter.

Temple dodge boots are great, though you'll pay a lot to get them with the enchant. Better usually to enchant them yourself, then you can often get budget ones. The extra 12% dodge puts you up to 52% dodge just running around, and 75% (capped) dodge with vaal grace active.

An instant (seething or bubbling) life flask is a big help.
Last edited by magicrectangle on Jan 12, 2019, 5:55:25 AM
Hey all, was hoping to get some help with where I should look for upgrades next. My character is starting to feel very maxed out, and unless I wanted to swap to a crit variant I'm not sure the largest upgrades I can still obtain are.

Thanks for the help, and here's my current gear.

I noticed you (and most of the top Storm Brand Elementalists on poe.ninja) have taken out Lightning Golem in favor of Enhance Support. Does that mean you are running two Flame Golems then?

Also, what's the purpose of the "Liege of the Primordial" calculation on your Cinderswallow Urn? Does PoB not calculate that correctly?
"
switchmonkey wrote:
I noticed you (and most of the top Storm Brand Elementalists on poe.ninja) have taken out Lightning Golem in favor of Enhance Support. Does that mean you are running two Flame Golems then?

Yeah I'm running two flame golems. Occasionally the lightning golem buffs the flame golem with some lightning damage, messing with EE. So it can potentially lower boss DPS to have him out. It isn't a huge deal, but it is enough that I decided to just run two flame golems. It is also nice on the occasion that one of them dies to have another active already.

"
Also, what's the purpose of the "Liege of the Primordial" calculation on your Cinderswallow Urn? Does PoB not calculate that correctly?

Anything path of building renders in red text is something it doesn't understand, and doesn't calculate. Liege of the primordial damage isn't calculated by PoB at all. So, I added its effect to my malachai's artifice. 20% increased damage per golem, plus another 50% increased effect of the flame golem buff. So 20% + 20% + 10% = 50% increased damage. I don't include the base 20% that flame golem gives, because PoB already calculates that part.
"
lolsidroc wrote:
Hey all, was hoping to get some help with where I should look for upgrades next. My character is starting to feel very maxed out, and unless I wanted to swap to a crit variant I'm not sure the largest upgrades I can still obtain are.

You're running a substantially different version of the build than the one being discussed in this thread. None the less, there's some feedback I can give.

There's no glaringly bad items. Your biggest damage improvement would likely be multimodded wands. Your biggest survival improvement, probably temple dodge boots. If you're able to cover the resists, you can also get effect of non-damaging ailments on boots (crafted suffix) for more damage (stronger shock).

Boss damage could be improved substantially with a 7-link hat for lightning spire. -9% lightning resist is neat of course, but on big bosses like uber elder I'm not sure you'll have great uptime on it (even if you did, it wouldn't be that much damage gain). I think the delve hat makes more sense if you do a scepter + shield setup, and use shield charge for fortify. Then you actually have a reason to be in close, and some additional damage reduction to help you survive being there.

Your only source of leech appears to be the boot enchant. On big bosses when you haven't killed recently, is the life/mana gain on hit from your shaper ring sufficient? Do you make some item swaps?

You could lean into the rare jewelry a bit by getting more powerful crafted mods. It would require you to get jewelry with an open suffix, but +1 to minimum frenzy charges is the best crafted damage mod by quite a margin. It is 1 ex to craft, so of course you're going to want to be putting it on a really good base item.

Cast speed is the best damage stat on regular amulets. On shaper amuelts, ele pen. On elder amulets, non-chaos as extra chaos. If you can pair cast speed with one of those, that's a nice amulet.

Another direction to go of course is the one I took:

You cannot turn shaper/elder amulets into talismans, so you're limited to the normal pool of rolls, but you can get some pretty nice bonuses from talismans. +1 min frenzies would be an even better craft, but I wasn't feeling like gambling the exalt at the time I crafted that (no guarantee you get a good talisman outcome). Effect of non-damaging ailments is the second best damage craft (also a suffix).

-----------------------------------------------

As for crit... I wouldn't. The build is thin on points, and you're going to have to give up something pretty significant (most likely acrobatics) to get enough points to go crit. Frankly the build already has more than enough damage potential as non-crit. I'd never trade down that much defense.
Hi magic

back here asking for some more advices, last time you helped a lot !

i know i'm not strictly following your build, but I hope you can help.

i'm now running a double wand setup for bosses,i switched in one life on hit ring, got some more life, and scaled dmg on amulet via non-dmg aliments effect.

sitting at around 1.9 mil dps, and 5.5k life / 1.8 unreserved mana.

when mapping, i switch to shield and scepter, and for delves in particular i switch in this ring, that also has mana on hit

farming delves darkness with mana/life on hit ring has been an insane improvement.

Back to my main " boss setup" with dual wand and only the life on hit ring,
my next purchases would be :

- mana leech uber elder jewel
- 7 links helmet. ( they seem to have disappeared from the market, any way to craft ? )
- boots enchant for life leech ( not too sure about this one, i like the crit chance since i'm having multiple jewels that trigger on crit )

and.. i'm out of ideas :D not sure what else I could change

maybe swap warlord mark for enfeeble once i get the mana leech jewel and boots enchant and possibly a better belt..

Last edited by Lÿn on Jan 13, 2019, 8:30:56 AM
"
Lÿn wrote:
Back to my main " boss setup" with dual wand and only the life on hit ring,
my next purchases would be :

- mana leech uber elder jewel

I've been messing with a wrath mana leech jewel as well. I'm not 100% sure which I like better really. The disadvantage is you have to keep wrath in for uber elder, so you don't get to use purity of ice to take your cold resist up to 80%. The resist difference is noticeable, but so is the fact that your mana is just always full. Kills are a bit quicker with the leech jewel since keeping wrath gives more damage, and I also keep my amulet with damage stats since I don't need mana regen from atziri's.

I'd say try it and decide for yourself, I think the purity of ice is a little safer, but I've done a bunch of deathless runs with both setups so not a huge difference.

I suppose since you're getting your life leech from your amulet you can't swap it out for an atziri's (unless it had a lightning leech corrupt), which would make wrath mana leech even more attractive to you.

"
- 7 links helmet. ( they seem to have disappeared from the market, any way to craft ? )

The market is kind of fucked right now. I think something happened to their database on Friday. There's some posts about it in bug reports, and all kinds of trade wackiness was happening on Friday and Saturday.

That said, there seem to be a fair amount of 7-link hats up right now. Maybe it is finally fixed:

https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Betrayal/KlZ0jLs5

"
- boots enchant for life leech ( not too sure about this one, i like the crit chance since i'm having multiple jewels that trigger on crit )

Storm brand hits so often you'll probably still be fine. I never have any difficulty maintaining elemental overload.

That said, if you do go for the wrath mana leech jewel, and keep the lightning leech amulet, there isn't really a need for the leech boot enchant.

Nice amulet by the way, as far as lightning leech amulets go it is quite good. If you don't need the implicit dex you might consider making it a talisman. If you do need the dex then obviously don't mess with it.

"
and.. i'm out of ideas :D not sure what else I could change

maybe swap warlord mark for enfeeble once i get the mana leech jewel and boots enchant and possibly a better belt..

Yeah no need to go overboard on leech. Warlords is fine if you don't have another way of solving the problem, but once you do, doubling up is of limited value.

Seems like you've got a handle on your build. You've identified the lowest hanging fruit for upgrades. Of course everything can always be improved, but mostly just incremental stuff past that.

As you say, belt is a possibility. There's two directions you could go with it. One, you could get better resists on it, making room to gain damage stats elsewhere (such as effect of non-damaging ailments on boots). Or the other, you could craft or buy a fossil damage belt. Metallic + prismatic fossils will give increased lightning damage (prefix) and increased elemental damage (suffix) as options on a belt. There's potentially a good chunk of damage there.

Of course there's always multimodded wands. I'm not sure if you want to invest that much if you only use your wands for bosses though.
grabbed a couple of pieces, i agree with your solution
went for a new belt ( no dmg unfortunately )
but it allowed me to fit a 5 chaos pair of boots with the ailments craft :D

belt was 120c

I attempted another run of uber elder with purity of ice, and got it with only 1 death ( not sure how, but i got one shotted by a single shaper orb.. with 5.5k life, and 1.8 unreserved mana )

difference between having wrath and not having it in my build is 1.955 mil vs 1.607.

i'm not sure at this point about the mana leech jewl, vs Purity..

1.6mil overall seems more than enough even for uber elder.. but at the same time i got 1 tapped even with purity on.

a possible alternative way to spend my money could be grabbing lvl 21 storm brand and lightning spire, which will allow me to keep purity of ice and still have 1.710 mil dps.
Last edited by Lÿn on Jan 13, 2019, 12:21:16 PM
In my uber elder wrath gear I have 6k life and 2k mana. In my purity of ice gear I have 5.6k life and 2.4k mana. Neither setup gets one-shot by shaper balls.

Are you sure your life and mana pools were full when you got balled?

Level 21 gems are definitely a good investment. The lightning spire doesn't need to be quality, so it is fairly cheap. The storm brand of course should be quality. Actually it looks like you haven't corrupted your gems yet so might as well gamble on those before actually buying any.

Those boots are actually super good for the price. 117 total life + mana, decent amount of resist, and the open suffix. You could probably re-sell them fore 10x what you paid. I sold worse ones for 2 ex (though they had the leech enchant, which was obviously a big part of the sale price).

edit: you might be able to up your effective hitpoints by upgrading some of your abyss jewels to have both life AND mana rolls.
Last edited by magicrectangle on Jan 13, 2019, 1:54:38 PM
Hi, how did you craft your current weapons? Alts to solo prefix then regal and annul?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info