[3.7] Storm Brand Elementalist. League Starter, Deathless Uber Elder.

"
ngtrungkhanh wrote:
By the way, when fight UE, do we need to cap fire and light resit. I want to use kaom root but can't cap fire res with it =(

Shaper's beam attack is part fire damage. Elder's little friends plink you with lightning damage. I don't think I'd want to go in without all three resists capped. Can you maybe do jewel swaps to fix it? Or swap a cold resist item for a fire resist item (since you'll probably be running purity of ice).

"
What's your thogh about combo Romira's banquest + voll's devotion. With 4 endurance charge (2p for +1 and can get max 5 with corrupt boot) + weap with craft "use socketed spell" socket with immortal call, we have immortal call most the time. The down size is some dmg(10%-20% i think?)

You could try it if you want. The damage loss is significant. You're losing wrath (no essence worm), a suffix on your wand (say 6% chance to deal double damage) and whatever damage your amulet provided. For me the total loss is:

-380 life
32.4% less damage

As I understand it that trigger enchant is on a 4 second internal cooldown, and with 5 endurance charges you would be more than 4 seconds on immortal call duration, so you would be funcitonally immune to physical damage most of the time.

Might be fun to try out. But of course it is worth remembering that the reason perm immortal call builds aren't very popular is because a lot of the most dangerous situations in the game are elemental or chaos, rather than pure physical.
"
Lÿn wrote:
hi magic
quick question

do we have 100% uptime on chill by just having cold on an abyss jewel ?
wasn't chill chance related to how much cold dmg you deal ?

just trying to figure out hypothermia uptime

As ngtrungkhanh mentioned, with beacon of ruin any amount of cold damage is enough to apply the 10% chill.

There's no "chill chance" stat in the game. Cold damage always calculates a chill, but that chill is ignored if it would be less than a 1% slow. Since our chills are always at least a 10% slow, they're never ignored.

So any amount of cold damage to spells is fine.
Last edited by magicrectangle on Jan 8, 2019, 11:04:14 PM
Great guide and build! Im playing this but tweaked it abit but works wonders.
How good is EE actually with this build? On Poe.ninja almost no one has EE. What would you gain when replacing the EE ring? Less dmg/more survivability? Or are there options that could get you more dmg?
Last edited by InsaneX3 on Jan 9, 2019, 1:59:02 PM
"
InsaneX3 wrote:
How good is EE actually with this build? On Poe.ninja almost no one has EE. What would you gain when replacing the EE ring? Less dmg/more survivability? Or are there options that could get you more dmg?

I assume you mean almost nobody has Malachai's artifice, since we don't actually take EE. Malachai's artifice is the best possible ring for boss damage. For clearing the golems aren't going to hit everything before you can nuke it, so it has minimal effect on clearspeed. Obviously it offers no survivability stats other than a net 40% resist.

You could certainly run a version of the build without it if you wanted to pick up more life and mana at the expense of damage. The same is true for essence worm.

If you did that, you wouldn't really particularly need liege of the primordial, so you could swap that as well. Possibly go for mastermind of discord if you were willing to have some mana reserved for HoT, and willing to give up reflect immunity from PoC as well (no longer all map mods viable).

There's some interesting things you can pick up on shaper rings. There's lightning damage against shocked enemies, cold damage against chilled enemies. There's life/mana gained on hit with spells. Storm brand does a LOT of hits in a big pack so life/mana gained on hit would be pretty handy.

Mark of the shaper + elder ring is also a classic combo.

Again none of those is going to offer as much bossing damage, but there are potential gains to be made in life/mana or utility (gain on hit) if you wanted to go that route.
Last edited by magicrectangle on Jan 9, 2019, 9:46:49 PM
"
"
InsaneX3 wrote:

I assume you mean almost nobody has Malachai's artifice, since we don't actually take EE. Malachai's artifice is the best possible ring for boss damage. For clearing the golems aren't going to hit everything before you can nuke it, so it has minimal effect on clearspeed. Obviously it offers no survivability stats other than a net 40% resist.

You could certainly run a version of the build without it if you wanted to pick up more life and mana at the expense of damage. The same is true for essence worm.

If you did that, you wouldn't really particularly need liege of the primordial, so you could swap that as well. Possibly go for mastermind of discord if you were willing to have some mana reserved for HoT, and willing to give up reflect immunity from PoC as well (no longer all map mods viable).

There's some interesting things you can pick up on shaper rings. There's lightning damage against shocked enemies, cold damage against chilled enemies. There's life/mana gained on hit with spells. Storm brand does a LOT of hits in a big pack so life/mana gained on hit would be pretty handy.

Mark of the shaper + elder ring is also a classic combo.

Again none of those is going to offer as much bossing damage, but there are potential gains to be made in life/mana or utility (gain on hit) if you wanted to go that route.

How does Essence Worm with Wrath compare to Malachai's Artifice in your gear setup? I am guessing Artifice is netting you more boss dmg?
Thoughts on using The Taming ring instead of essence worm + wrath? Damage seems around the same with more res and higher ailment chance.
"
InsaneX3 wrote:
How does Essence Worm with Wrath compare to Malachai's Artifice in your gear setup? I am guessing Artifice is netting you more boss dmg?

Artifice is more damage, though because of my wrath watcher's eye they're not too far off. If I swapped the watcher's eye for a yellow jewel the artifice would be significantly more damage.

Wrath doesn't need golems to hit the enemy though, so if you're focusing on clear speed and don't really care that much about boss damage, you might prioritize wrath despite the damage difference.

With good gear honestly you can drop quite a bit of damage without really noticing much change in clear speed. Malachai's artifice was amazing early league with poor man gear, for making the boss damage acceptable. While it is still the best boss damage ring choice, trading it in for more utility or life/mana for a clear-speed focus on a higher budget is completely valid.
"
ksed wrote:
Thoughts on using The Taming ring instead of essence worm + wrath? Damage seems around the same with more res and higher ailment chance.

It is pretty dramatically less damage. The taming basically has 70% increased damage (1 shock, 1 ignite). That's nice and all, but doesn't compare to 22% more damage from wrath. With my gear the taming's increaseed damage translates to about 7% more damage.

Mark of the shaper, while also not as good as essence worm for damage, offers a lot more damage than the taming (assuming you get an elder malachai's artifice, which seems to be about 20c).

Mark of the shaper has up to 105% increased damage, so handily beating the taming just with its increases, and then also adds a big chunk of lightning damage to spells as well. All told it is more than twice the damage of the taming, and a perfect roll mark of the shaper is equivalent to about a level 4 wrath (16% more lightning spell damage). Of course if you have a wrath watcher's eye, things tip even further in essence worm's favor.

Since the emberwake nerf the taming really has pretty limited applicability to spell based builds. The extra 30% ele damage with attacks makes it a bit more relevant for attack based builds.
Last edited by magicrectangle on Jan 9, 2019, 10:57:54 PM
Is there a way for us to see if Malachi's is actually working? Is there an icon or something?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info