[3.7] Storm Brand Elementalist. League Starter, Deathless Uber Elder.

"
robos_ wrote:
Hi, how did you craft your current weapons? Alts to solo prefix then regal and annul?

Yup. Bestiary orbs hadn't been added back yet, so there wasn't really a lot of other options. Now you could definitely control the process more with imprint/split if you wanted. I'm not sure how much thoses beasts are going for, so I'm not sure if it is worth it or not to do that.

Edit: looks like imprints are 70c, and splits are 1 ex. Given that alts are ~1200/ex, it is probably cheaper not to beastcraft. Though certainly harder on the wrist to alt that much.

If you wanted 2 mods (say ele as chaos and ele pen) then beastcraft becomes more attractive. There's not much damage difference between 7% chance to deal double damage and 10% ele pen for us, so I didn't bother trying for that.
Last edited by magicrectangle on Jan 14, 2019, 12:03:43 PM
hi magic

quick update, grabbed a new helm, 7link, with fire res
which allowed me to go for kaom's roots
also got the mana leech watcher's eye

finally killed uber elder deathless with the above setup.

do you know if the grace bonus on the jewel also applies to vaal grace ?

Last edited by Lÿn on Jan 14, 2019, 12:26:04 PM
"
Lÿn wrote:
hi magic

quick update, grabbed a new helm, 7link, with fire res
which allowed me to go for kaom's roots
also got the mana leech watcher's eye

finally killed uber elder deathless with the above setup.

Congrats man. Kaom's roots make a huge difference, were you not using them before? That's a pretty nice helm.

"
do you know if the grace bonus on the jewel also applies to vaal grace ?

Vaal versions do work with watcher's eyes, for as long as they're active.
"
"
robos_ wrote:
Hi, how did you craft your current weapons? Alts to solo prefix then regal and annul?

Yup. Bestiary orbs hadn't been added back yet, so there wasn't really a lot of other options. Now you could definitely control the process more with imprint/split if you wanted. I'm not sure how much thoses beasts are going for, so I'm not sure if it is worth it or not to do that.

Edit: looks like imprints are 70c, and splits are 1 ex. Given that alts are ~1200/ex, it is probably cheaper not to beastcraft. Though certainly harder on the wrist to alt that much.

If you wanted 2 mods (say ele as chaos and ele pen) then beastcraft becomes more attractive. There's not much damage difference between 7% chance to deal double damage and 10% ele pen for us, so I didn't bother trying for that.

bestiary was the league i didn't play and i am not familiar with the mechanics. if it doesn't make a huge difference, i will just go with your weapon setup. started with dual solaris shade from another char.

how viable is it to ditch the lightning trap / only having it 3-linked? i guess it matters for bosses only, but how bad is it there? alternatively i have a helm like yours and could swap it for the difficult encounters, but i am stacking abyss jewels atm.

Edit: does the order of the crafts matter after multiple crafted mods?
Last edited by robos_ on Jan 14, 2019, 2:14:00 PM
"
robos_ wrote:
how viable is it to ditch the lightning trap / only having it 3-linked? i guess it matters for bosses only, but how bad is it there? alternatively i have a helm like yours and could swap it for the difficult encounters, but i am stacking abyss jewels atm.

This was my league starter build, and with junk league starter gear, the huge extra boss damage from lightning spire was amazing. The higher my gear has scaled up, the less important LS has been really. I still use it and like it, but I could be killing all content without it at this point. Might not phase shaper in a single beam phase like I do with LS, but would still kill him fast. Uber elder most of our damage comes from brands anyway, lots of running around doing mechanics while the brands tic.

I don't think I'd bother with 3-link lightning spire. The whole point of it is getting massive damage from the 7-link. A 3-link wouldn't really be worth the animation time to throw it (throws kinda slow 'cause we got no trap bonuses).

"
Edit: does the order of the crafts matter after multiple crafted mods?

Nope.

edit: If you do end up stacking the heck out of abyss jewels, you will probably have tons of added lightning damage to spells. As a result, the value of added lightning damage in your main link may be less. You'll want to check in path of building with your final gear, but one possible swap is to put faster casting instead.
Last edited by magicrectangle on Jan 14, 2019, 3:01:49 PM
Thx for your input.

"
edit: If you do end up stacking the heck out of abyss jewels, you will probably have tons of added lightning damage to spells. As a result, the value of added lightning damage in your main link may be less. You'll want to check in path of building with your final gear, but one possible swap is to put faster casting instead.

Good call, the basic gear is set, though i am just 72 rn. I have an upscaled pob of my char and the added lightning damage provides ~28% increased total dps versus ~20% from faster casting. If there is a turning point, I am not there yet.

edit: did some testing, for my personal turning point i am missing about 20-700 (min - max) lightning damage. most jewels were quick picks, but that is probably out of range.
Last edited by robos_ on Jan 15, 2019, 7:44:56 PM
I've decided I do like the wrath mana leech watcher's eye better than the penetration one. I'm using it both for mapping and for uber elder. I don't really notice the damage loss, and it means my mana leech continues to work when I roll up on the guardians or whatnot when doing T16s.

That means other boot enchants open up. Currently messing with:

That should be the best damage one for mapping (I use kaom's roots for uber elder anyway so not much point in having a bossing related damage enchant).

I'm thinking about swapping it for this enchant instead though:

I use those boots for syndicate farming, just for the extra 10% move. Again I don't think the damage gain from the cast speed enchant actually matters to me as much as moving fast. Move speed is the primary limiting factor in how quickly I clear maps at this point, so I'm probably going to be doing some uber labs to try to re-roll my good boots to the move speed enchant.
"

Such a nice build it's rather easy to the point I didn't even bother trading at all either made what I want or I had solid drops then sold the rest, and clearing/bossing was rather easy I could clear all the content also decided to get my 1st Uber Elder kill too.
Congrats on your first uber elder man, that's a great feeling.

I understand the not buying things, actually. I plowed through to level 90 before I really started shopping for good gear on this guy. I was in T15s with tabula rasa and said "well, probably time to buy gear." I was just having fun and progressing, didn't feel the need to stop. The crafting bench this league allows you to correct resists fairly easily SSF anyway so I had just dove straight into maps after completing the story.

There's definitely some gains you could make though, if you decide you want to invest a little. On weapons, getting added lightning damage to spells rolls can be pretty big. I go over finding a good weapon in detail in the "answered questions" section of the guide.

Temple dodge boots are really nice, they'll put you over 50% dodge (52%) without vaal grace, which is a pretty big boon for survival.

7-link hat or 6-link gloves for lightning spire is a big damage boost. Throwing an additional trap is cool, but the way it spreads them is a little sub-optimal for stacking on a boss, and since we can only throw 3 anyway before we're waiting on cooldown, doing it one at a time isn't that big of a deal

Overall gear looks pretty good for being self found though.
"
Congrats on your first uber elder man, that's a great feeling.

I understand the not buying things, actually. I plowed through to level 90 before I really started shopping for good gear on this guy. I was in T15s with tabula rasa and said "well, probably time to buy gear." I was just having fun and progressing, didn't feel the need to stop. The crafting bench this league allows you to correct resists fairly easily SSF anyway so I had just dove straight into maps after completing the story.

Thanks. I basically wanted to do SSF, but with the ability to sell decent items when I wasn't in the mood for mapping, and with the new crafting recipes I wanted a different challenge for myself.

"
There's definitely some gains you could make though, if you decide you want to invest a little. On weapons, getting added lightning damage to spells rolls can be pretty big. I go over finding a good weapon in detail in the "answered questions" section of the guide.

Temple dodge boots are really nice, they'll put you over 50% dodge (52%) without vaal grace, which is a pretty big boon for survival.

7-link hat or 6-link gloves for lightning spire is a big damage boost. Throwing an additional trap is cool, but the way it spreads them is a little sub-optimal for stacking on a boss, and since we can only throw 3 anyway before we're waiting on cooldown, doing it one at a time isn't that big of a deal

Overall gear looks pretty good for being self found though.

Personally I'm done with this character since I've cleared pretty much everything. I will be trying this build again, but in HC to achieve an Uber Elder kill instead with some definite changes (thanks for the suggestions) I believe I could achieve this the same way I played this league.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info