[3.6] Storm Brand MF (65%~85%) Quant 5K+ hp 1.2M dps [All map mod] [All content viable] (13Mil dps)

"
Daegon wrote:
Hi SisterHell

I know I am a little late to the party but wanted to try Storm Brand before league end and so while searching, a reddit post you made caught my eye and your version of Storm Brand appealed to me.

Have a question if I may - what is your take on lightning spire trap for supplemental single target damage? I would be replacing the orb of storms setup you have in your gloves and use a shaper +trap pair of gloves.

Got these items to play ready to go depending on if I copy your setup or try lightning spire trap for single target

I realise with your insane setup you dont need more single target so please bear in mind my own setup if/when you answer :)

Here is my current POB : https://pastebin.com/5iBXigUg

If you just level your current set up and get 21/20 gems, you already have 1.5~2.2Mil shaper dps ready. At this point, I don't think you need the lightning spire trap.

Many cheaper variants of storm brand use lightning spire trap when they can't break 1Mil shaper dps mark. For example, many of Elementalist storm brand use lightning spire trap because they use EO. With EO, your damage ceiling is pretty low, so they take minion nodes and use lightning spire trap gem to boost their dps to about 1.5Mil.

I would suggest just level your char up to around 90+, try out few set ups.

Also for mapping, I would suggest Inpulsa over Loreweave. Loreweave is more of a bossing / delving solution.

https://pastebin.com/DajvqJ91 (just a quick fiddle with passive nodes and 21/20 gems gave this result)
"
SisterHell wrote:
"
Daegon wrote:
Hi SisterHell

I know I am a little late to the party but wanted to try Storm Brand before league end and so while searching, a reddit post you made caught my eye and your version of Storm Brand appealed to me.

Have a question if I may - what is your take on lightning spire trap for supplemental single target damage? I would be replacing the orb of storms setup you have in your gloves and use a shaper +trap pair of gloves.

Got these items to play ready to go depending on if I copy your setup or try lightning spire trap for single target

I realise with your insane setup you dont need more single target so please bear in mind my own setup if/when you answer :)

If you just level your current set up and get 21/20 gems, you already have 1.5~2.2Mil shaper dps ready. At this point, I don't think you need the lightning spire trap.

Many cheaper variants of storm brand use lightning spire trap when they can't break 1Mil shaper dps mark. For example, many of Elementalist storm brand use lightning spire trap because they use EO. With EO, your damage ceiling is pretty low, so they take minion nodes and use lightning spire trap gem to boost their dps to about 1.5Mil.

Also for mapping, I would suggest Inpulsa over Loreweave. Loreweave is more of a bossing / delving solution.

https://pastebin.com/DajvqJ91 (just a quick fiddle with passive nodes and 21/20 gems gave this result)

Hello again, thank you for taking the time to reply :) Have been working on getting some levels and levelling my gems - here is my new setup : https://pastebin.com/0PeY4Z2W

Was having problems with getting one shotted and also boss dps.. but getting better as I level.

Would like to ask your opinion on this as a league starter - specifically Ascendant for storm brand (in the case SB doesn't get nerfed) - levelling this one was easy with the bank I made from previous chars, full twink gear, headhunter, Unnatural Instinct etc - obviously this wont be the case for a league start..

Did you league start with this? I usually try do some league start practice towards the end of the current temp league but never levelled a scion as a league start before.. I usually start with a MS Jugg to fill out atlas easily and farm lab etc, its like my fallback league starter since I play solo..
IGN : Drahmin (Legion SC League)
Timezone : GMT(+2:00) South African Standard Time
Legion Crafting Service thread : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2568765
Standard Crafting Thread (For Vouches) : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2207913/page/1
"
Daegon wrote:
"
SisterHell wrote:
"
Daegon wrote:
Hi SisterHell

Hello again, thank you for taking the time to reply :) Have been working on getting some levels and levelling my gems - here is my new setup : https://pastebin.com/0PeY4Z2W

Was having problems with getting one shotted and also boss dps.. but getting better as I level.

Would like to ask your opinion on this as a league starter - specifically Ascendant for storm brand (in the case SB doesn't get nerfed) - levelling this one was easy with the bank I made from previous chars, full twink gear, headhunter, Unnatural Instinct etc - obviously this wont be the case for a league start..

Did you league start with this? I usually try do some league start practice towards the end of the current temp league but never levelled a scion as a league start before.. I usually start with a MS Jugg to fill out atlas easily and farm lab etc, its like my fallback league starter since I play solo..

Scion starter is horrible. I would not recommend it since it has no benefit unless you have some starting currency. And Uber lab is must for it.

If you have a friend who can funnel you some currency by day 2, it's not a bad choice. you can start as an aura bot then respect on day 2.
Hi

May I ask you, will this be your starter build in 3.6 too?
Do you recommend still the slayer ascendancy or trickster/Inquisitor as alternative. Or would you Start as elementalist for New leaque. Or do you start with an other caster build?

Thanks
"
redeagle1 wrote:
Hi

May I ask you, will this be your starter build in 3.6 too?
Do you recommend still the slayer ascendancy or trickster/Inquisitor as alternative. Or would you Start as elementalist for New leaque. Or do you start with an other caster build?

Thanks

I will probably start with some other ascendancy as they require less investment to kill uber elder for extra sextant.

Then, I will probably make scion on end of day 2 or day 3 to make this build again.

At that point, I would be confident with the new patch and update the guide.

If you start with this build, it will be weak and require a lot more investment.

Once you got somewhere around 10~15ex, you can still get respectable damage even with 23% damage nerf, but without it, you will struggle in red maps.

So I got a nice Unnatural Instinct early in the league so instead of a regular MF I decided to give this a go.

This league has beyond as a Zana mod again so double beyond maps can get really crazy and I spent more time being dead than actually enjoying the MF. So I made some changes to gain some survivability instead of pure MF.

POB: https://pastebin.com/mi2160Wn

Instead of dual wielding I picked up a Magna Eclipsis dropped my Brand Recall in there linked with Arcane Surge and Empower for a nice high level Brand Recall.
I dropped a single Pariah for a Circle of Regret for a big dps increase.

Biggest QOL improvement was the chestpiece, dropped Inpulsa and got a Shaper chest with +spell crit, high life, damage is taken from mana and then I crafted on Gain 10% of Maximum Life as Extra Maximum Energy Shield. I combined that with Eldritch Battery, MoM and Soul Thief (still on the fence about whether I should keep Soul Thief or go Ethereal Feast).
This gives me 45% IIQ, 5.4k HP, 1.5k ES. Haven't died since and double beyond T16's are no problem, cleared Shaper, Uber Elder and every boss but the final one from the amazing league mechanic...

You can easily drop the Magna Eclipsis for a big dick DPS item and drop the circle of regret for another Pariah if you are really itching for that extra 15% IIQ.
"
Same1 wrote:
So I got a nice Unnatural Instinct early in the league so instead of a regular MF I decided to give this a go.

This league has beyond as a Zana mod again so double beyond maps can get really crazy and I spent more time being dead than actually enjoying the MF. So I made some changes to gain some survivability instead of pure MF.

POB: https://pastebin.com/mi2160Wn

Instead of dual wielding I picked up a Magna Eclipsis dropped my Brand Recall in there linked with Arcane Surge and Empower for a nice high level Brand Recall.
I dropped a single Pariah for a Circle of Regret for a big dps increase.

Biggest QOL improvement was the chestpiece, dropped Inpulsa and got a Shaper chest with +spell crit, high life, damage is taken from mana and then I crafted on Gain 10% of Maximum Life as Extra Maximum Energy Shield. I combined that with Eldritch Battery, MoM and Soul Thief (still on the fence about whether I should keep Soul Thief or go Ethereal Feast).
This gives me 45% IIQ, 5.4k HP, 1.5k ES. Haven't died since and double beyond T16's are no problem, cleared Shaper, Uber Elder and every boss but the final one from the amazing league mechanic...

You can easily drop the Magna Eclipsis for a big dick DPS item and drop the circle of regret for another Pariah if you are really itching for that extra 15% IIQ.

Yeah using the shield variant with magna eclipse for fast recall seems good.

theoretically, you can use 7/20 brand recall with empower 4 to have infinite recall too.

if you are looking for an improvement in your build,

body armour like this is great. arcane surge grants 10% more damage to supported skill so it's pretty good.

To further improve your clear speed,

sceptre like this can be a great improvement.
It's much better than inpulsa since ALL monsters explode on death, instead of shocked ones.

buying out the base might be though. You can try synthesizing yourself, but it's pretty rng heavy.

I am going to update my guide over the weekend so check it out next week!
"
SisterHell wrote:

theoretically, you can use 7/20 brand recall with empower 4 to have infinite recall too.

body armour like this is great. arcane surge grants 10% more damage to supported skill so it's pretty good.

It's much better than inpulsa since ALL monsters explode on death, instead of shocked ones.

buying out the base might be though. You can try synthesizing yourself, but it's pretty rng heavy.

With how stupid strong SB is as a skill I highly doubt that anyone would have trouble clearing T16's at all with half decent gear. What I'm trying to do here is not die everytime I get hit :). I mean I'm still running with a self found Temple dagger... If I craft my own dagger I will be out ~5ex and will gain I think close to 25% damage but considering I already clear as fast as I can it's not going to change much...

Introducing EB to the build combined with MOM gives an insane boost to survivability while taking away the mana issues the build has.

Since my last post I dropped my Starkonja's in favor of a Devouring Diadem. You can run Zealotry/Wrath/HoT with it. The item has a lot of nice QoL stuff, +1 gems, EB, ES. The only downside is no life. The Feast of Flesh proc on it is really nice aswell basically instantly healing you up to full every 5 seconds.
With the Devouring Diadem and HoT being slotted there I decided to drop Curse on Hit => Warlord's Mark. Bought a 10% IIQ neck with Lightning damage leeched as Life. I don't need mana leech because of EB with ES leech so that's all figured out which opened up my gloves slot.
Got Sadima's with Temp Chains on hit and Spells have X% crit chance double corrupt.

Now all I am looking for is a Watcher's Eye with Wrath - Pen and Zealotry - Pen on Crit.
"
Same1 wrote:
"
SisterHell wrote:

With how stupid strong SB is as a skill I highly doubt that anyone would have trouble clearing T16's at all with half decent gear. What I'm trying to do here is not die everytime I get hit :). I mean I'm still running with a self found Temple dagger... If I craft my own dagger I will be out ~5ex and will gain I think close to 25% damage but considering I already clear as fast as I can it's not going to change much...

Introducing EB to the build combined with MOM gives an insane boost to survivability while taking away the mana issues the build has.

Since my last post I dropped my Starkonja's in favor of a Devouring Diadem. You can run Zealotry/Wrath/HoT with it. The item has a lot of nice QoL stuff, +1 gems, EB, ES. The only downside is no life. The Feast of Flesh proc on it is really nice aswell basically instantly healing you up to full every 5 seconds.
With the Devouring Diadem and HoT being slotted there I decided to drop Curse on Hit => Warlord's Mark. Bought a 10% IIQ neck with Lightning damage leeched as Life. I don't need mana leech because of EB with ES leech so that's all figured out which opened up my gloves slot.
Got Sadima's with Temp Chains on hit and Spells have X% crit chance double corrupt.

Now all I am looking for is a Watcher's Eye with Wrath - Pen and Zealotry - Pen on Crit.

Yeah your set up looks pretty good.

didn't expect the HoT ring would give so much damage.

getting resistance seem a bit troubling.

Perhaps using new synthesized rare shield to get extra damage & 2 minimum endurance charges and using shaped belt for 20% cdr would achieve similar result with brand recall.

Getting temp chain is nice, but not getting End charges and longer immortal call proc seem a bit worrying.

I am going to update my guide soon.

I will give your set up a go. Do you mind if I use your build example in the guide as well? I will quote you.
Hey man,

Do you think you can carry T16 ELDER MAP, 6MAN PARTY, with windripper version ( full mf potential ) ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info