[3.6] Vowel's Crit Storm Brand Elementalist - Flaskless Uber Elder

"

what about The Taming and Yoke of Suffering?

Don't

dont what? any reason?
"
IWonderBreadI wrote:

Get your 6L gloves. They're pretty cheap (5-30c). Next would be the helm enchant. Just buy the base with an enchant on it then fossil craft with metallic fossils. Next would come your belt. From then you're free to upgrade whatever you deem necessary!

I got myself a pair of gloves and a regular helm to make up for the difference in resists.
Enchanted helms are way too expensive tbh, I don't wanna settle for 8% on an okay-ish base.. the 12% enchants on rare base are upwards of 1ex :(
Will get a nice base helm and run a couple of uber labs (i still have 10 offerings or so) to try my luck instead.

Thanks for the help!
Update from my previous gear update!

So I noticed that we use two curses but can only have one attached to a monster at a time. And we don't have the additional curse node, "Whispers of Doom." For this I sacrificed a jewel slot and some % increased life nodes and picked it up (5 points). This is only temporary until I make/buy an amulet with +1 additional curse corruption!

I crafted
to allow the usage of the Aspect of the Spider aura for 15% increased damage and freed up a gem slot for a portal gem. I always run out of portal scrolls, haha.

I decided to not use a pair of boots with the decoy totem mod on it. As I was doing endgame bosses, I rarely found myself using it. Maybe because it never crossed my mind to use it during the fights.

For the helm, I've swapped to the Storm brand penetration enchant
. I play-tested both enchants and they seemed to be similar in terms of clearing/bossing. So the enchant is still preference based!

I'm planning to make this character my first 100 character, that's how much I'm enjoying the build!

Here's my current gear; almost everything is self crafted!

For mapping, I swap my boots, belt and one ring for quant gear:

Last edited by IWonderBreadI on Jan 2, 2019, 9:40:53 PM
"
ploooo wrote:
"
IWonderBreadI wrote:

Get your 6L gloves. They're pretty cheap (5-30c). Next would be the helm enchant. Just buy the base with an enchant on it then fossil craft with metallic fossils. Next would come your belt. From then you're free to upgrade whatever you deem necessary!

I got myself a pair of gloves and a regular helm to make up for the difference in resists.
Enchanted helms are way too expensive tbh, I don't wanna settle for 8% on an okay-ish base.. the 12% enchants on rare base are upwards of 1ex :(
Will get a nice base helm and run a couple of uber labs (i still have 10 offerings or so) to try my luck instead.

Thanks for the help!

You don't have to go for the penetration enchant! Both storm brand enchants offer just about the same dps, with penetration being slightly higher! You can grab the 12% chain enchant for fairly cheap on a decent base to carry you into endgame without a problem. And fossil crafting that base is pretty cheap per attempt! (4-7c per attempt)
The chain enchant offers better bossing vs two targets, and exceedingly more vs three. It's better overall especially for clearspeed purposes.

The only boss that matters is Uber Elder, which this build excels against due to the nature of the fight meaning both targtets have two brand a piece
I am a Mirror, I do not exist.
"
The chain enchant offers better bossing vs two targets, and exceedingly more vs three. It's better overall especially for clearspeed purposes.

The only boss that matters is Uber Elder, which this build excels against due to the nature of the fight meaning both targtets have two brand a piece

I might not be understanding how the chain enchant works. You're right though. The chain enchant had a faster Uber Elder time (3:57) than the pen enchant (4:28) out of 50 Uber elders (25/25). Still fairly close times!
Last edited by IWonderBreadI on Jan 2, 2019, 10:05:57 PM
Uber. Elder. Down.

Thanks Kraiwen for the help last night it helped a ton.

Changes since then:

Uber Elder down today with this gear. Take me 1 set and 5 portal to learn to dodge thing.
My gear kinda shitty except for the loreweave 6l of course

And it's drop indigon....
Prices for the chain enchants are pretty bonkers too... upwards of 2ex.
Guess i'll be farming lab today.
Any tips on upgrades would be appreciated. Doing pretty well, just want a bit more damage.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info