[3.5] Lewd's Cold Hard CoC Build Guide [Frostbolt/Ice Nova] 2.3M+ Shaper DPS Tanky

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Kisamii/characters

what would you improve or change?

I ask for suggestions
What amulet do I use before I can afford a Pandemonius?
Kickin ass and takin names with this build. I've been running Purity of elements just for some extra chaos res through my watchers eye until I can catch myself a fenemus to craft my aspect.

Damage is off the charts, I just flipped my gems so I cant really say how much I'll have in the end but everything just melts. As it sits cyclone has 43% chance to crit, chest ice nova is at 49.2%. Cospris ice nova is 30.4% and frostbolt is 25.3. These are sitting in base with 0 power charges and without counting increased % from the diamond flask. It's enough that the entire screen is just a vomitous amount of novas and frostbolts

Currently running with 5.8k life at level 92, with 19% phys reduction and 48% evade when flasked up. Survivability is pretty good. I'm really trying to break that 6k hp mark, and it looks like that will happen at level 94 as I'm still running alira and don't feel like swapping off for +2 passives is the best choice.

I'm not sure if the cdr on my belt is enough to really do anything as I'm right at 5.00aps in hideout, but i took it off a different build where I was had cold res crafted and I'm already way over capped on all of my res so I threw it on. Not sure if I want to invest enough to make it to down to the required cyclone time per attack to warrant an actual shaped cdr belt.

Thanks for the build!
Last edited by Goresplattered138 on Dec 23, 2018, 11:41:52 PM
Shutting down for the night after starting this off earlier this evening. Build just started to come online and I have to say it's incredibly fun to watch everything explode. Massive appreciation for the OP for taking the time to share all this info. I'll share my notes from leveling so far in case anyone else is interested:

1. I leveled to 12 using Freezing Pulse. Classic double Lifesprig and Karui Ward type stuff.
2. At 12 I started using BV, but switched to Arc and only used BV for act bosses. I couldn't really be bothered to swap so I just had both with the same supports in a Tabula lol. I used 2x Axiom Perpetuum for this part. I find BV quite miserable without any inc duration.
3. At 38 I did normal lab and switched. Without diamond flask the crit% is a bit low, but its fine. I also put on a Thief's Torment at this point.
4. I find that my CoC triggers aren't actually doing enough, so I switch the Frostbolt for Glacial Cascade until I get the jewel sockets for the threshold gems.
5. A few levels later I get the sockets/jewels and switch GC back to Frostbolt. I buy and enable the black hole MTX around this point. I also use Herald of Ice (which has nice aesthetics with Celestial MTX) cus most enemies are being shattered.
6. Around this point I do A5 kitava.

Hopefully this will be useful for someone else.

Between Mortem LGoH and Warlords leech I wonder if I actually need to use Thief's Torment at all. I'll try tomorrow with diamond rings (also need to switch out of my goldrim/wanderlust, i guess). edit: actually just tested now and don't need the TT at all!
Last edited by cdnza on Dec 24, 2018, 3:03:27 AM
"
Major God: Soul of Arakaali - Queen of the Great Tangle
Blood Rage + Immortal Call will trigger the 50% increased Recovery Rate of Life from Queen of the Great Tangle. Life Recovery Rate affects not only your leech rate but also affects all sources of Life Recovery such as Life Gain on Hit.

you don't seem to use this, or have gear link for it?

Would you suggest sacrificing INCR DUR form CWDT to go to:
CWDT + Blood Rage + Immortal Call + frost Bomb?

or is it
CWDT + Blood Rage + Immortal Call + Incr Duration?
Been doing an iteration of this with an Occultist.

Works fantastically, i'm still lacking a ton of the expensive gear but was wondering what your thoughts were on this idea
Currently level 54, just finished cruel lab and i'm having a blast, might not have everything setup ideal yet but it's a ton of fun really, can't wait till i can use a cospri lol.
Hello everyone im having some problems soo far with surviving some maps and i need to have some tips on what i could improof.

Would be really nice
https://pastebin.com/HhPybYqH

Plus i dont really See a point in using Rightours Fire, unless i wanna kill my self ^^

Last edited by DonkyDFabio on Dec 24, 2018, 6:55:50 PM
How important do you guys think it is to level cyclone for the melee range bonus?
How far can the league starter version without lycosidae be taken?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info