[3.5] Lewd's Cold Hard CoC Build Guide [Frostbolt/Ice Nova] 2.3M+ Shaper DPS Tanky

First of all, I have to say this is probably my favorite build ever, at least tied with solar guard summoner. Currently level 95 and I have no desire to stop any time soon!

This is my current PoB: https://pastebin.com/9v1Nncb7
(if someone knows how to calculate the realistic shaper dps, please do! <3)

And this is my current gear:
gear

So far I have done uber atziri (not deathless, only tried once though), deathless shaper, red elder, all guardians on random corrupted rare maps without any issues. The only thing that scares me are syndicates from tier 15+ maps. Oh and the mastermind fight, screw that fight.

I purchased a 15% cyclone attack speed ilvl 84 helmet that I will try to fossil craft to life, resists and -% cold res to nearby enemies, that will allow me to change up the boots for something better (allows kaoms for uber elder if I wanna try that) and/or replace the belt.

I need some tips about flasks, maybe change the basalt to stibnite instead, seems better right?

I'm thinking of multicrafting the warlords mark right, but I dont know which prefixes I would use for it, any tips there?
Last edited by Hovno on Dec 27, 2018, 2:04:03 PM

Just Killed uber Elder with this, really happy with the build :)
Nailed Uber elder this morning. Dps not a problem. Only challenge is dodging balls while cycloning - I should have used blade furry, woulda been easier for this fight.
Nailed Uber elder this morning. Dps not a problem. Only challenge is dodging balls while cycloning - I should have used blade furry, woulda been easier for this fight.

I am almost crit capped without a diamond so I don’t run one (as I hate to rely on flasks for uber). I have a nice anger crit multi -vitality lgoh watchers so now I run aspect of the cat, vitality and anger for insane dps and survivability.
Small question, i don't seem to be creating as many frostbolt procs as i should from cospris, at least i think. I'm missing the pandemonius and only got 2 ascensions yet but that should not interfere, right?

Got tons of nova procs but only every now and then some balls pop up. What might be wrong here, or what am i not getting? (Socketed orders as suggested in the guide)
"
Patcheazy wrote:
Small question, i don't seem to be creating as many frostbolt procs as i should from cospris, at least i think. I'm missing the pandemonius and only got 2 ascensions yet but that should not interfere, right?

Got tons of nova procs but only every now and then some balls pop up. What might be wrong here, or what am i not getting? (Socketed orders as suggested in the guide)

You only have 1 Frozen trail slotted. Change your Ancient Orb Jewel to another Frozen Trail.
"
maxineji wrote:
"
Patcheazy wrote:

You only have 1 Frozen trail slotted. Change your Ancient Orb Jewel to another Frozen Trail.

Hey, thanks for the reply.

And yeah sure, that is true - but while that would increase the orbs to 5 instead of 3 it's still nowhere near the linked video in the guides post. He's literally proccing balls on every nova but i am maybe on every fifth or something. It's not about the amount of orbs it's rather about the proc consistency.
"
Patcheazy wrote:
"
maxineji wrote:
"
Patcheazy wrote:

Hey, thanks for the reply.

And yeah sure, that is true - but while that would increase the orbs to 5 instead of 3 it's still nowhere near the linked video in the guides post. He's literally proccing balls on every nova but i am maybe on every fifth or something. It's not about the amount of orbs it's rather about the proc consistency.

then i guess that's because your attack speed is slow. both copris and CoC has 150 MS cd. however, if you put two different abilities into copris. the proc will alternate between frostbolt and ice nova. thus, if you crit 6 times per sec.it'd be 3 ice nova +3 frost bolt from your copris

aint it worth to spec into elemental equilibrium and get a lightinig/fire dmg to attacks roll on a ring? should improve single target dps by quite a lot, or am i missing something?
"
kotow wrote:
aint it worth to spec into elemental equilibrium and get a lightinig/fire dmg to attacks roll on a ring? should improve single target dps by quite a lot, or am i missing something?

I'd say the nova proc's AOE as well as the frostbolts would be the issue here?

To follow up on my issue about not proccing frostbolt enough, one thing apparently was missing lycosidae and running around with 80% hit chance, another was that the gif in the OP mislead me since its circling around a single stationary enemy proccing bolts into all directions.

works now way better even tho my damage still seems low but im missing 2 ascendencies still and gear.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info