[3.5] Herald of Agony CI Occultist | 1.7M Shaper DPS

"
koticgood wrote:
"
cdnza wrote:
"
koticgood wrote:

One question though: A lot of the builds I see of high level characters don't use Quill Rain. This and the other guide I saw both talk about how important it is. But almost every build I looked at had a multi-mod crafted bow. What do you think of this?

76% of the high level HoAg occultists on poe.ninja are using Quill Rain. Crafted bow seems pointless because we do not care about damage or gem levels in the bow. Quill Rain is the best bow for this build as far as I can see.

@OP I'm leveling something similar now. I've been really greedy and only taken about 3 life nodes though haha. What level did you swap to CI? I have tons of currency from my main character this league (which is very cheap to gear) so am looking forward to picking up some items when I clear the campaign (on A8 now). It looks like you can get 6L 400+ES armours for 1ex each right now which is cool.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2237214/page/43#p16066218

Got my answer in another thread. Anyways as I said, I'm not talking about budget or what the "average" Agony character is using, as random lvl 85's don't matter when I was curious as to why all the top characters are using multimod bows, and what the best bow is regardless of budget (although multimod bows are exactly bank-breakers, barely even more than 6L quill for a simple one). Got the answer from people that know what they're talking about in the other thread though, check it out.

Also you mention not getting much damage from bows, so I would definitely look at the bows to understand why that is not the case.

I went and poked around in the thread you linked where people are discussing multi-modded bows. I'll start off by saying I do not think multi-mod bows are better in terms of damage throughput. A multi-mod bow gives you +4, Vicious proj, and 27~ minion attack speed. We already have +4 from my chest, so all you really gain here is a 7th link and some minion attack speed, which results in ~40% more damage give or take depending on your POB settings. The problem is that you trade off your 3.00 attack speed quill rain for a 1.68 yellow.

Yes, this will look like it does more damage in POB. Your boss kills will be slower with it, though. I imported one of the more geared players in that thread, and their RoA attack speed was ~3.75. Mine is 6.42 APS. The only valuable trade-off for using a multi-modded bow is the ability to use a high ES chest piece. You could feasibly gain a few thousand ES, but with 9k ES and occultist enfeeble topped with the ES gain on hit, Quill Rain is just too good to be moving around my chest piece.

"
I tested out a version of HoA occultist in standard before 3.5, but this looks like the damage has been scaled way up. Awesome!

quick question though... how did you get your agony crawler to look like that?

Celestial Herald MTX

"

if you are gonna use physical to lightning why not use power charges for better chance to proc shock ? one host chieftain for power and another ape for frenzy.

edit : maybe its too hard to sustain max charges with 2 different spectres

I preferred the higher uptime of Frenzy Charges so I went with two Frenzy generating spectres. You can use both if you want to POB whore a bit more, but i think you might have issues sustaining all those charges and end up actually losing throughput.
I am trying your build, but one thing i do not understand.... Why EE? You need to proc it, okay can be done with some fire on a ring or so... but your herald has phys to lightning and this will trigger EE as well, so i end up with "Resists Elemental" after the first impact of the herald.

Or do i miss something?
"
Jadefalkner wrote:
I am trying your build, but one thing i do not understand.... Why EE? You need to proc it, okay can be done with some fire on a ring or so... but your herald has phys to lightning and this will trigger EE as well, so i end up with "Resists Elemental" after the first impact of the herald.

Or do i miss something?

Minions don't inherent Elemental Equilibrium.
Then this is really strange. If i would have any other source, it would be all resists from the beginning, but the first hit is only fire.

Another question, why 2 silverbacks? Why not 1 Host Chieftain and 1 Carnage Chieftain? This will give Frenzy and Powercharges.

I killed shaper with this build today, so... i like it.
"
Jadefalkner wrote:
Then this is really strange. If i would have any other source, it would be all resists from the beginning, but the first hit is only fire.

Another question, why 2 silverbacks? Why not 1 Host Chieftain and 1 Carnage Chieftain? This will give Frenzy and Powercharges.

I killed shaper with this build today, so... i like it.

I answered this earlier so I'll just copy paste what I wrote there.

I preferred the higher uptime of Frenzy Charges so I went with two Frenzy generating spectres. You can use both if you want to POB whore a bit more, but i think you might have issues sustaining all those charges and end up actually losing throughput.

Basically its just consistency over throughput at that point.
If we can't get a skin of the loyal like yours what would be an alternative? Coming calamity/vaal regalia?
i dont get it how i can use spectre with blood magic supp when i have 1 hp do i need max level gems or i miss somthing
"
rashedsty wrote:
i dont get it how i can use spectre with blood magic supp when i have 1 hp do i need max level gems or i miss somthing

You just take out the Blood Magic gem when you're raising them.
hi, i have two question

isn't better elemental damage with attack then vicious projectiles?

mirage archer works with virulence? ok have 60% less attack speed, probably not so good.

thx
"
tecer0 wrote:
hi, i have two question

isn't better elemental damage with attack then vicious projectiles?

mirage archer works with virulence? ok have 60% less attack speed, probably not so good.

thx

Dropping PtL for Vile Toxins would be the only gem swap. Mirage Archer doesn't credit the player with the poison application, so you don't generate a virulence stack when the Mirage Archer poisons.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info