[3.5] CCC - "Cospris Cool Crit" - Assassin | Cyclone + Ice Nova (+GC)| fast mapper and boss killer

Would this be a nice clear addition?

edit: just respeccing from leveling to this build but why the F-word are you doing THIS?
"
- 4-Link: Cast when Damage Taken 1 - Immortal Call 3- Frost bomb - Ancestral Call

Why in the world do you add an Ancestral Call when you don't have any single target melee skills linked to it ? Do I miss some secret technique ?
TwitchTV: http://www.twitch.tv/akumanotsubasa
Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/AkumaNoTsubasa
Please use http://pobb.in for your guides instead of pastebin!
Last edited by AkumaNoTsubasa on Dec 26, 2018, 6:59:35 PM
I've been building a very similar build and came here for inspiration since I'm also in the process of experimentation. But what I really find to be the problem with this build is the mana leech, even with 0.8% from the tree (or jewels) it's not nearly enough to get those consistent procs on bosses due to how Cyclone works. It's a problem and I wish there was a good way around it.

Any reason why you wont spec into Annihilation?
Last edited by Mathemoto on Dec 27, 2018, 12:43:16 AM
"
Mathemoto wrote:
I've been building a very similar build and came here for inspiration since I'm also in the process of experimentation. But what I really find to be the problem with this build is the mana leech, even with 0.8% from the tree (or jewels) it's not nearly enough to get those consistent procs on bosses due to how Cyclone works. It's a problem and I wish there was a good way around it.

Your mana leech should be fine as soon as you are using warlords mark.
"

edit: just respeccing from leveling to this build but why the F-word are you doing THIS?
"
- 4-Link: Cast when Damage Taken 1 - Immortal Call 3- Frost bomb - Ancestral Call

Why in the world do you add an Ancestral Call when you don't have any single target melee skills linked to it ? Do I miss some secret technique ?

Haha, sorry, it actualy should be Ancestral Protector. My fault, gonna correct it.
"
henry4200 wrote:
"

"

Haha, sorry, it actualy should be Ancestral Protector. My fault, gonna correct it.

Okay that makes more sense lol
What about the jewel with the implicit bonus?

edit: I made some minor changes and at least at my level that works much better

Herald of Ice: Kick out Onslaught and take in Ice Bite for free Frenzy Charges

Boots: Use Movementspeed + Onslaught to compensate HoI change and have 40% movement speed on boots from Onslaught + MS

Now you can kick out Blood Rage and can take in something else as on top support. I would suggest Culling Strike because on Bossfights you should always have a Vortex down and even if not your Lightning Golem throws out a dot area every few seconds which will trigger culling too.

You lose a bit attack speed but gain free attackspeed with no degen downsides from blood rage.

Also a nice thing: Put the Herald of Ice setup into your gloves and put "+1 AoE Gem Level" onto it and you got a 21 or even 22 herald and vortex.

edit of the edit: Add a Cinderswallow Urn Flask!
TwitchTV: http://www.twitch.tv/akumanotsubasa
Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/AkumaNoTsubasa
Please use http://pobb.in for your guides instead of pastebin!
Last edited by AkumaNoTsubasa on Dec 27, 2018, 8:48:25 AM
"
henry4200 wrote:
"
pluke89 wrote:
my main hand crit is 100% but why it doesnt 'explode' from first hits?
sometimes take's 2-3 sec's before casting ice nova etc..

anyone can tell me what to look for on %

Just read the notes on Cyclone on the basic section.
And I doubt that your CRIT chance is 100%, your hit chance might be, but not your crit chance.
yeah..i used VC,that's 1.didnt took right ascendancy skills that's 2(following order).also was lacking of multi crit Jewels that's 3.now it's much netter 👍
"
henry4200 wrote:
"
Mathemoto wrote:

Personally not a big fan of the Blasphemy+Warlord's Mark setup since we sacrifice a aura here, and using Essence Worm and sacrifice a ring slot is not ideal either. Using Grace for movement and more saftey feels alot smoother, and poacher's mark setup on curse on hit with Herald of Ice for more consistent flasks regen and Frenzy without using Blood Rage.

But I totally understand your option here with Warlord's, it will probably be a seperate boss setup. It's very frustrating that there's no real good and consistent option for spell leech yet.
Last edited by Mathemoto on Dec 27, 2018, 1:25:42 PM
"
Mathemoto wrote:
"
henry4200 wrote:
"
Mathemoto wrote:

Personally not a big fan of the Blasphemy+Warlord's Mark setup since we sacrifice a aura here, and using Essence Worm and sacrifice a ring slot is not ideal either. Using Grace for movement and more saftey feels alot smoother, and poacher's mark setup on curse on hit with Herald of Ice for more consistent flasks regen and Frenzy without using Blood Rage.

But I totally understand your option here with Warlord's, it will probably be a seperate boss setup. It's very frustrating that there's no real good and consistent option for spell leech yet.

Have you tried using an elder ring with curse on hit warlord's mark?
Also I would recommend looking for a helmet enchant that gives you 30% Reduced Herald of Ice Mana reservation. That should help you out quite a bit. I managed to kill t16 rare corrupted minotaur and leech wasn't a problem with a level 8 WM curse on hit.
lol...you got me there at the Ferris shot lol...
I think my setup is better.

How much cdr do you need to hit the next cyclone Aps threshold after 14% cdr (iirc 27%)?

I think the idea that cyclone will proc coc twice per attack isn’t right (I use cdr belt). I am consider using cdr boots as well and hitting the next aps threshold.

I have about 7.3 aps in fight and deleted corrupted Minotaur in no more than 4 seconds.

EDIT: cyclone does hit twice per attack BUT the tooltip aps already accounts for this.

So you guys are all gimping your dps by not trying to hit just under 7.57 aps with >14% cdr on belt or boots.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/a1e0o1/psa_cooldown_and_aps_thresholds_for_new_coc_and/?st=JQ8CEEZO&sh=805a8556
Last edited by mrpetrov on Dec 28, 2018, 1:00:40 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info