[3.5] CCC - "Cospris Cool Crit" - Assassin | Cyclone + Ice Nova (+GC)| fast mapper and boss killer

Any reason you didn't take Will of Blades and Fangs of the Viper?
"
Any reason you didn't take Will of Blades and Fangs of the Viper?

Thanks for noticing this, I just forgot about them and will update the skill tree.
so im lvl 93 and i had all my arc trap gear on when i first saw this build i gotta say going from a trapper to this build after playing trapper last league and again this league was pretty nice feeling, i didnt really have to change much in my tree apart from the trap nodes and change ascendancy.

i basically brought lvl 17,19 gems for 1-3c, brought a lyco cospris rats nest and 5l my own queen the rest of the gear is all my trappers and its feeling pretty nice im using a Inya's boots which is real nice with 6 charges and my res is fine, i can clear t15 belfrys and t16 elder ugs fine the issues im seeing for myself are boss damage in 15/16 and betrayal mobs 1-2 shotting

so far its alot of fun mapping compared to what im used to will check back in to see how you guys are finding the build
"
Ichigo_333 wrote:
so im lvl 93 and i had all my arc trap gear on when i first saw this build i gotta say going from a trapper to this build after playing trapper last league and again this league was pretty nice feeling, i didnt really have to change much in my tree apart from the trap nodes and change ascendancy.

i basically brought lvl 17,19 gems for 1-3c, brought a lyco cospris rats nest and 5l my own queen the rest of the gear is all my trappers and its feeling pretty nice im using a Inya's boots which is real nice with 6 charges and my res is fine, i can clear t15 belfrys and t16 elder ugs fine the issues im seeing for myself are boss damage in 15/16 and betrayal mobs 1-2 shotting

so far its alot of fun mapping compared to what im used to will check back in to see how you guys are finding the build

Great to hear that! You might not be using vaal cyclone (i just added it to the gems section). I just started to do so and feels way better than non vaal cyclone during boss fights. Also I am currently testing vaal cold snap for bossing.
Conserning the survivability problems I cant tell you much more than the guide already says. Be sure to get all the focus mods as they are pretty great as defencive boost during boss fights.
You may consider using an atziris promise flask to tackle the syndicate one shots and getting some chaos res on gear (I just heared that the deadly shots deal chaos damage) or you just wait a few hours until the next patch will be life as it will nerf the syndicate.
Be sure to get at least 5000 hp, with some investment you can get up to 5500hp.
Last but not least the Pandemonium Amulet will add a bunch of defensive power!

Btw: you might want to check PoB wether going for 6 power charges is worth it ore not. I discovered that the 5th power charge adds way more damage than the 6th... and the 6th takes 3 skill point which cant be invested in much better things.
Last edited by henry4200 on Dec 18, 2018, 6:37:46 PM
Slight order error on the Ascendancies.
It's Unstable Infusion first, then Deadly Infusion after.

As for me, I'm going through the pain of leveling it straight up as a CoC Cyclone with a mere 12% Crit now. It's hard, but I have to get a feeling for Cyclone aswell, so it's a nice education-type of feel.
"
Xangar_Ferbar wrote:
Slight order error on the Ascendancies.
It's Unstable Infusion first, then Deadly Infusion after.

As for me, I'm going through the pain of leveling it straight up as a CoC Cyclone with a mere 12% Crit now. It's hard, but I have to get a feeling for Cyclone aswell, so it's a nice education-type of feel.

thats really sadistic^^ I leveled with arc and arc totems later which was painfull as well but it carried me until level 68. I definitly advise against leveling with CoC. It took me about 10 hours to get to 68, with CoC it would habe been 20 at least.

order issue fixed.

You might want to have a look at similar build guides. Perhaps they provides some useful leveling information.
Last edited by henry4200 on Dec 18, 2018, 7:15:15 PM
Is their any math for the dps this build can do for the combined total of cospri + the cast on crit setup?

I would love to see how many procs and how the crit for cyclone is mathed, I have played a version of this build this league and without the diamond flask you will have dead spins, meaning you spin and nothing happens, as in no procs or very few. This leads me to a question does the crit chance apply to cyclones first activation? Or does it apply to each attack during the spin. Either way that was the part of the build that concerned me the most. Changing to blade flurry for pure bossing can increase the dmg I just can't work out the math to support that. Cyclone makes for a more enjoyable clear tho.
I want to try this build so bad but can't figure out how to effectively level until that point. How do you setup arc totems so that it doesn't necessarily mess up the end goal of this build?

Should I progress to use Ancestral Bond or don't even bother spending points towards that node? Could I just use Multi-Totem support instead?
Last edited by Skream on Dec 19, 2018, 12:16:51 AM
I've been leveling as blade vortex. It's been pretty smooth up until act 6. Now I'm dying a ton, but that's because my resists aren't capped anymore I bet. I just wanted to ask how important the rest of the stats on the Lycosidae shield are. In syndicate you can find veiled stuff that happens to have "Hits Can't Be Evaded" on it, and you can buy a crappy rare foil with the mod for like 1c atm. If that's all we want from the shield, I'd def rather pay the 1c and wait until I have some more currency to get the shield.
"
Timidx3 wrote:
I've been leveling as blade vortex. It's been pretty smooth up until act 6. Now I'm dying a ton, but that's because my resists aren't capped anymore I bet. I just wanted to ask how important the rest of the stats on the Lycosidae shield are. In syndicate you can find veiled stuff that happens to have "Hits Can't Be Evaded" on it, and you can buy a crappy rare foil with the mod for like 1c atm. If that's all we want from the shield, I'd def rather pay the 1c and wait until I have some more currency to get the shield.

I was considering a veiled weapon with this mod as well but PoB shows that these mods only effect hits with this weapon. Cyclone attacks twice per spin. When dual wealding it attacks with each weapon once per spin, that means the hit from your cospris wont benefit from the 100% hit chance of the other weapon.
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Cyclone
Last edited by henry4200 on Dec 19, 2018, 5:08:43 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info