[3.5][Cheap-Starter][U-Elder viable][HC-viable] - Herald of Agony Cyclone

Hello fellow people.

Theres a lot of Herald of Agony Builds out there, but I could not find any GOOD using Cyclone so far. So I decided to show my League Starter for Betrayal here. There is more Cyclone HoA builds here but with pretty big budget and some sort of BS stuffed in it - so take mine.

It only took 2 Days to get the Atlas to 150+ Maps, because this build can clear everything with every Mod on a small budget while being almost immortal!

(If you are interested in more versions of this build let me know. You can also build this as ranged character or even more tanky with a Kaom's Heart that will end with up to 10.000 HP.)

700K DPS on a 4 Link with like 10C Gear
up to
1.5M DPS on 6 Link with like 8EX Gear.

Videos
Spoiler

Will add more videos next days of Guardians and Shaper/U-Elder

Cyclone Version of Build:

T15 Corrupted+Sextant
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/349975515
there you can see that mapping is not the fastest but steady and safe. especially for the boss.

Rain of Arrows Version of Build:

T14 Red Purifier
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/351421683
T15 Red Constrictor
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/351428907
Shaper with lots of Facetanking :)
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/351436497

Pros
Spoiler

-very cheap
-easy to play
-very tanky (400+ Life on Hit - max block - 6k HP+ - Armor)
-any map mod
-everything up to Shaper on 4Link
-Betrayal Bandits are not a problem
-reliable boss killer

Cons
Spoiler

-not the fastest mapping

Path of Building / Ascendancy / Skill Tree / Bandits
Spoiler

(This is my current char in the league. Upgrades to gear in gearing section). Please take the Tree and Ascendancy from the PoB-Link. Make sure to set Virulence Stacks to 40 in the config and take "Tail Spike" ability from the crawler to view DPS.

https://pastebin.com/SfiA7cZC

For the start: Take poison and bleed chance nodes at the bottom right before you will have Poison on Hit Jewels!
If you do not want to take the Poison Nodes: 80% Poison is still enough to have enough stacks - you will only lose 20% single target DPS what is not a big deal.

Leveling
Spoiler

Leveling was quite easy - but also not as fast as Arc or Sunder. Good Thing we do not need to farm Tabula Rasa on Blood Aqueducts - saves a lot of time!

-Level 1-38 with Molten Strike - Ancestral Call
-Act 3 take Herald of Agony from Quest "A Fixture of Fate"
-Level 38 to End Cyclone - Poison Support - Blood Magic

for the Skilltree: Take Block + Life Nodes first, then progress into jewels and minion Damage nodes. Theres nothing really important to get early so just progress where you feel you need to while leveling.

Use Herald of Agony as fast as you can. No Links needed if you do not have them.
Start with Minion Damage and Pierce to support.

Gem Links + Explanation (Read carefully)
Spoiler

Herald of Agony - Pierce - Minion Damage - Physical to Lightning - Damage on Full Life - Vicious Projectiles

Pierce is needed for better clear speed from the Tail Spike Ability.
Physical to Lightning is needed to get more out of Elemental Equilibrium (explained later)
Rest of the supports provide pure DPS.

Cyclone - Blood Magic - Life on Hit - Fortify

We mainly use Cyclone while mapping and killing bosses. So for QoL Fortify will be linked here. Life on Hit will be our only Source of Leeching. Since Leech will not really do anything for us because we do not deal DPS with Cyclone.

Cast when Damage Taken - Immortal Call - Spirit Offering - Convocation

Standard CWDT Set up + Spirit Offering gives a good DPS Boost when it proccs. Convocation teleports our Crawler to us.

Hatred - Generosity - ( Vaal Lightning Trap)

Hatred with Generosity will give our Crawler a lot of DPS and also is buffed with Elemental Equilibrium.
Vaal Lightning Trap can be thrown out on bosses to get the extra Shock-Debuff DPS

Tempest Shield - Curse on Hit - Projectile Weakness

Tempest Shield applies our Curse when we Block. Projectile Weaknesss greatly increases our DPS - You can also chose Enfeeble for things like very hard buffed Guardians.

Whirling Blades - Faster Attacks - Blood Magic - (Fortify)/ (Lightning Warp)

Our movement spell. We do not need Fortify here because we got it on Cyclone. But I still link it because when we travel fast through example Uber Lab we will have the Fortify. You can also get Lightning Warp here to pass obstacles.

Elemental Equilibrium (read carefully)
Spoiler

A lot of people asked me how I procc EE.
Simple way: Get Fire Damage on a Ring that applies to Cyclone
That way the Lightning Resistance (Phys to lightning) and Cold Resistance (Hatred) will be lowered.

I highly recommend you to not take EE before you have the set up for it. Also Tempest Shields lightning damage will be overwritten instantly by Cyclone so do not bother with that.
Also be sure to not have any other damage added to Cyclone other than Fire!

Gearing and progressing (important)
Spoiler

Important Items:

Gloves with "Poison - Support" (3-5C)
You will need that to 4 Link the Cyclone.

The Coming Calamity Chest
The only chest that works well here. We can link up to 6 and the reservation will stay at 45%. A 4 link (2-4C) will be enough to clear everything up to Shaper)

Advancing Fortress Claw (1 Alch)
Provides a good amount of Life on Hit and most importantly gives us a lot of Block Chance

The Anvil (1Alch)
Good defensive stats + Life on Block

Thats it. For Shield I recommend Lioneye's Remorse due to massive HP and Armor (1-3C) but anything with high Block will work aswell.

To progress further with DPS get good jewels
Jewels will need: Chance to Poison on Hit - Minion Damage - Minion Attack Speed - any added Damage to Minion Attacks

Any other than that. Get Life and Resistances and you are fine.

FAQ
Spoiler

If you have questions just text me IGN: Zoddykek or post Questions below and useful stuff will be listed here.

What attacks work well on this build other than Cyclone?
-for melee attacks: Molten Strike, Blade Flurry, Static Strike
please take into consideration that these other melee attacks need to have a much more complicated set up to work well

This is my first guide so I hope it is fine. Thought this great build needs to be shared. Feel free to ask questions or suggestions to it.

Will reply to anyone IGN or here asap.

Thanks!
Last edited by Cathedraler on Dec 22, 2018, 8:04:35 AM
Last bumped on Mar 7, 2019, 8:20:42 AM
This is probably the most fun I have had grinding and that's coming from someone that has played MF/WR This build is legit Garen from league 2.0 Spin and you watch things die. He also went out of his way to show me the build and broke it down for me which I give him for credit for I love how he has structured the guide and I love that he helps 1 on 1 be sure to try this build out!

Guaranteed to be advertised when i stream next when they ask what I'm playing.
"
Blessss wrote:
This is probably the most fun I have had grinding and that's coming from someone that has played MF/WR This build is legit Garen from league 2.0 Spin and you watch things die. He also went out of his way to show me the build and broke it down for me which I give him for credit for I love how he has structured the guide and I love that he helps 1 on 1 be sure to try this build out!

Guaranteed to be advertised when i stream next when they ask what I'm playing.

Thank you man. Good Luck on playing
if instead of cyclone I use bladevortex this build will still be viable?
"
Mopsus wrote:

To be honest I do not really know. To have the same attack rate as Cyclone you will need to have atleast 5 blades active. what is possible without any cast speed on the gear. So technically it should work. But I think to make it effective you want Spell Echo linked to it, so that could be a problem. But its not a huge deal testing it.
Last edited by Cathedraler on Dec 17, 2018, 7:19:50 AM
"
Cathedraler wrote:
"
Mopsus wrote:

To be honest I do not really know. To have the same attack rate as Cyclone you will need to have atleast 5 blades active. what is possible without any cast speed on the gear. So technically it should work. But I think to make it effective you want Spell Echo linked to it, so that could be a problem. But its not a huge deal testing it.

I have tested it now. Its quite good. But to make it effective you want to have Spell Echo or Faster Casting attached.
You could make it
Blade Vortex - Spell Echo - Blood Magic - Faster Casting - (Poison from Gloves)

!!!BUT!!! Life on Hit does NOT work on Blade Vortex, because it is a Spell. So you will lose all your sustain. But for Poison application Blade Vortex works fine!
hmm guess i will stick with cyclone or something that still allow me to have the sustain
"
Mopsus wrote:
hmm guess i will stick with cyclone or something that still allow me to have the sustain

The easiest way is cyclone yes.
Get Gloves with "supported by Poison" and then link to as shown in guide.

The more expensive yet in my opionon not better option is to get gloves with Ancestral call and Multistrike and then play with Molten Strike.

Theres also ways to play with Static Strike or Blade Flurry.

But all in all Cyclone is the way to go!
Currently playing with this build , it is really fun and almost immortal like haha
using poison support gem until i get a hand on gloves with poison. Love it so far! :D
"
William10 wrote:
Currently playing with this build , it is really fun and almost immortal like haha
using poison support gem until i get a hand on gloves with poison. Love it so far! :D

For lower tier content you can totally do that. Drop fortify for poison. But I highly recommend to get Poison Support Gloves asap. Theyre not expensive. Maybe just start with right coloured ones without any other stats if you have enough resistances on the rest of the gear.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info