[3.5] Crit Winter Orb Assassin [All Contents][Uber Elder Deathless]

Hey guys,

i just changed from CoC, i like the survivability of winter orb more.

i had a witch winter orb, and to be honest. i think he had much more damage, while people are saying this build is better dps ?

can you guys check out my p.o.b and see if im doing something wrong or if its just gear?

Spoiler
https://pastebin.com/Dz6ntAJ7

cheers
Just wanted to say, had a great time with this build so far, thanks!!

One of those builds that can just easily faceroll most of the content in the game WITHOUT feeling boring or uninspiring in its gameplay - you still get huge payoffs to being clever about your dodging/positioning against bosses like the minotaur, even though your damage is ranged, auto-targeting, and overwhelming.

One thing I must say is that there should be more QoL considered on the tree. I think that for builds like this that do more than enough damage and are inherently safe and ranged, things like Move + Cast speed from nimbleness on the tree and whatnot make the character both smoother and safer to play than really marginal improvements in life or other similar improvements. I'd also love to see some variants of the tree that play around with different approaches (like getting the second duration cluster somehow, or making a version that is more of a fast mapper vs bosser, since I think both are easily possible with this build - right now you have it built mostly as an all-rounder, which is great but maybe not perfect for people who want to push it to extremes one way or the other!).

Overall, thanks! Been fun to play around with.
"
merdock271 wrote:
Just wanted to say, had a great time with this build so far, thanks!!

One of those builds that can just easily faceroll most of the content in the game WITHOUT feeling boring or uninspiring in its gameplay - you still get huge payoffs to being clever about your dodging/positioning against bosses like the minotaur, even though your damage is ranged, auto-targeting, and overwhelming.

One thing I must say is that there should be more QoL considered on the tree. I think that for builds like this that do more than enough damage and are inherently safe and ranged, things like Move + Cast speed from nimbleness on the tree and whatnot make the character both smoother and safer to play than really marginal improvements in life or other similar improvements. I'd also love to see some variants of the tree that play around with different approaches (like getting the second duration cluster somehow, or making a version that is more of a fast mapper vs bosser, since I think both are easily possible with this build - right now you have it built mostly as an all-rounder, which is great but maybe not perfect for people who want to push it to extremes one way or the other!).

Overall, thanks! Been fun to play around with.

Obviously this guide is not perfect because I only played for two weeks.
It's recommended to refer to other users threads to modify the build.
What is the best body armour to use?
"
Fuhinw wrote:
What is the best body armour to use?

Maybe (Corrupted) Loreweave
Thank you for making this build guide. As of now, I am going to use it as a league start. In a few days I will see if anything changes to make it less viable. Great videos and youtube channel.
Last edited by ThunderBiome on Feb 19, 2019, 3:13:27 AM
"
ThunderBiome wrote:
Thank you for making this build guide. As of now, I am going to use it as a league start. In a few days I will see if anything changes to make it less viable. Great videos and youtube channel.

Thank you :)
The build looks amazing and i'm going to try and use it as a starter build for 3.6 but i had a few questions.

How are we mitigating RF damage exactly? i know you need a certain amount of fire resistance and regen but i don't exactly see that on the items for regen wise. (forgive me if i'm missing something obvious i'm new).

You state that you use freezing pulse to level with instead of WO itself, what are some good links for Freezing pulse while leveling or is WO actually viable to level with too?

Any help from anyone explaining these things would be fantastic!

Thanks in advance.
"
_Ocaun_ wrote:
The build looks amazing and i'm going to try and use it as a starter build for 3.6 but i had a few questions.

How are we mitigating RF damage exactly? i know you need a certain amount of fire resistance and regen but i don't exactly see that on the items for regen wise. (forgive me if i'm missing something obvious i'm new).

You state that you use freezing pulse to level with instead of WO itself, what are some good links for Freezing pulse while leveling or is WO actually viable to level with too?

Any help from anyone explaining these things would be fantastic!

Thanks in advance.

Not RF ( Use Vaal RF )

WO leveling is difficult.(As a league starter)
Arc & FP are much easier.

4L: FP - Faster Casting(Spell Echo) - Onslaught(Added Cold Dmg) - Controlled Destruction
Hi, great guide, great build, I've been mostly only playing this build this league.

Can we expect an update for the guide?

Thanks in advance.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info