Puncture

do critical damage and chance work on puncture?
Nice Skill combined with bow, against most of the bosses. I use it on my marauder for most of the Bossfights on cruel cause they will eat me in Melee.

- Use a slow phys. Bow (Sniper Bow for example)
- Dont Use Chain or something with it cause you´ll lose much dmg (Double dip´s in dmg cause of Initial dmg and the bleeding debuff, dmg reduction is even worse, if the target moves, then you loose very much dps, if your initial hit is gimped by 50% by Greater Multiple for example.)
- Crit. Chance works greatly with it, Higher Crit - Higher Hit - Higher Dot - Even Higher Movement dot, think you can get really great dps out of that (Crit Multiplier!)
- Combine with quality "Additional Accuracy" Qual. gives additional Crit. Increased Duration, Manacost reduction, Life Leech/Life on Hit.

run, run, run, run, shoot, run run....... run... ^^

Question: Cause i dont have an Life Leech gem, does Life leech apply to the dot dmg? Life on Hit only works with the Initial hit...
Leech and Gain on Hit (and Blind, Flee, etc...) only apply to Hits. Damage over Time does not Hit. :)

"
rsthrsdj wrote:

There is no reason they wouldn't, now is there.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Feb 15, 2013, 7:51:11 AM
"
Vipermagi wrote:
Leech and Gain on Hit (and Blind, Flee, etc...) only apply to Hits. Damage over Time does not Hit. :)

"
rsthrsdj wrote:

There is no reason they wouldn't, now is there.

so if i have high critical damage, puncture will do high damage?
"
rsthrsdj wrote:
so if i have high critical damage, puncture will do high damage?
if you crit with the skill, yes. this applies to everything not just this attack. this attack and also burning damage are both based off innital damage dealt that caused the status effect. stronger fist hit, such as via a crit, then stronger DoT effect.
I think the added DPS is low for its mana cost. My vote would be for it being a bow-only skill with added utility like pierce, so it would be possible to shoot through adds to get at a boss or necromancer in the back line. If it were to remain melee as well, I'd suggest adding a modest extra crit chance/multiplier percentage, or lowering the mana cost. Just my thought.
has anyone gotten this to work in a melee build? equipping chance to flee just isn't cutting it and kiting mobs around as a melee feels stupid just to get the bonus damage let alone if mobs will even follow you
4 viper strike hits -> this skill -> run around the boss.
use increased buff/debuff nodes and duration nodes for multiplied damage and less need for reapplication.
puncture doesn't need a crit, but it'll be far nicer when it does. a melee will benefit from a 2h sword but viper strike doesn't turn out smoothly with those compared to puncture.
Last edited by soul4hdwn on Feb 23, 2013, 11:29:03 AM
"
Exiledtyrant wrote:
has anyone gotten this to work in a melee build? equipping chance to flee just isn't cutting it and kiting mobs around as a melee feels stupid just to get the bonus damage let alone if mobs will even follow you

knockback passives +knockback gem on an attack like sweep could probably permaknockback mobs you've tagged
"
soul4hdwn wrote:
4 viper strike hits -> this skill -> run around the boss.
use increased buff/debuff nodes and duration nodes for multiplied damage and less need for reapplication.
puncture doesn't need a crit, but it'll be far nicer when it does. a melee will benefit from a 2h sword but viper strike doesn't turn out smoothly with those compared to puncture.

Puncture doesn't work with 2H swords does it? Says 1H sword on the skill gotta say I never tried though. That's the biggest issue with the melee puncture, it hits like crap since you can only use 1H weapons, then the dot is crap. I had puncture for a bit on my LS witch cause I figured it'd be useful to deal with archers, puncture them so when they run away from me they take a lot of dmg. Results were very underwhelming even with a bunch of physical % nodes. Viper Strike does work fine. Puncutre also is annoying cause mobs tend to stop running every now and then for no specific reason, which ruin the damage in this case.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info