Puncture

When my puncture leveled (I think level 5) it didn't showup on the rightside (those skill level popups). So you have no idea that it leveled and it stops leveling as I didn't accept the "skillpoint".

I noticed this when opening my inventory. Becose than these popups show small below in the screen on a different place. Than I noticed the puncture was "leveled".

I have no idea if this problem is only for puncture or if this might happen with other skills aswell.
This gem is next to useless for a bow user. All active bow skills do significantly more damage than this gem and also scale better with support gems. I can't see this gem being useful at all unless the bleed damage is at least 10x the current amount for stationary targets, and more for moving ones.
well until recently bow users with puncture had the advantage of hitting multiple foes (via pierce, chain, and multi projectile). melee's now have splash
Last edited by soul4hdwn on Apr 12, 2013, 10:00:48 PM
Does this bleed damage proc any life leech from claws/life leech support?
Leech triggers on Hits; Damage over Time does not Hit.
Reduce punctures effectiveness, and convert it to a support gem.

OR...............

Make puncture be the effect caused by physical damage critical hits (instead of stun).

Right now its used as a fill-in at best.
I Agree with HexenLord. Make puncture iether a support gem or a passive proc.

Or

Make it useable with 2H Weps. i´ve read a lot of the comments state that the bleeding dmg is to low, and i was actually going to suggest when making the skill useable for 2H weps to have
a "debuff" like cleave has when duel wielding. But since the conclusion is that the bleeding dmg is to low already, why not buff the bleeding effect for 1H weps and buff the bleeding effects for bows a little aswell and then make 2H weps have same bleeding ammount as Bows?

My comment is based on, that im really sad i cant make a 2H cleaver with a puncture/bleeding support gem , or a 2H puncture with melee splash.

Has anyone successfully concocted a puncture splash build?

Playing around with numbers, we're looking at 69% damage effectiveness on non primary targets, 44% more damage from quality vulnerability, 40% more damage over time from vulnerability, 49% more damage from melee physical damage, and 49% more damage from melee damage at full life, all at 105% damage per second of the original hit.

.69 x 1.44 x 1.4 x 1.49 x 1.49 x 1.05 = about 325% of the original hit per second. The goal would be to aim for as high of a crit multiplier as possible, and then use that in conjunction with critical weakness.

400% increased multiplier from passives and supper gems means 600% crit multiplier, which means 500 added from quality critical weakness. 1100% crit multiplier.

Nothing you critted would survive.

Of course this just means that you instakill yourself against reflect mobs, and you wouldnt have nearly enough life to survive to begin with, but what else is new?
IGN: Iolar
Since puncture doesn't stack with itself its useless as a main damage skill. You'd be better off using that crit build for cleave and 2 shotting the mobs anyway. Also your math is way off on your increased damage, as some of those modifiers are additive, and you stacked them and multiplicative. And relying on melee damage on full life is useless.

On top of that your math for increased crit multiplier is even more off. 400% extra from passives? Not a chance. You would struggle to get over 200% on a non dagger build from passives alone, and any character besides shadow would have to stretch to get anywhere close to that. Increased crit multiplier gem at max quality max level gives just a bit over 140 bonus crit multiplier. Even on a shadow build, your looking at 400% at best, with daggers from passives and gems. Any other class or weapon can say goodbye to that multiplier. You MIGHT get another 100% from gear.

So basically you're saying that a CI shadow dagger build focused way too heavily on crit might be able to pull off a puncture build until he hits merciless and is useless.

A shadow with a bow might be a better bet, as he would survive a bit more. But then if you have a bow you might as well use lightning arrow for damage or ice shot for survivability and you're back to puncture being useless.
Last edited by HexenLord on Apr 22, 2013, 11:13:34 AM
@hexenlord
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYBDkgPxBEPEZYX2BzcIiYqCyxGNCA7fDy9UEJTuFqmXvpjQ2gOaj9wUnDVf8aFDoVVhxOJ04w2kyecpJ2joi6io7QMuMrAUdA53Mfed-OE8-r8qw==
shadow 41 points used, which is roughly lv 33... if you survived barely any es only defense
+355% crit chance modifier plus 4 power charges which is +200
+120% crit damage modifier
swords have 5% crit rate base, so 5 *4.55 to 5 *6.55 = 22.75-32.75 chance to crit for...
1.5 *2.2 = 3.3 damage multiplier

only thing that is missing is support gems, defense nodes, and stats to equip things. despite the example "build" lacking defense, it proves that you can definitely get a decent amount of crit without daggers. although yes daggers would be far easier AND there's that slight extra DoT on crit that they have. also total crit chance and damage can easily be double the above via daggers, also without supports and power charges.
Last edited by soul4hdwn on Apr 22, 2013, 4:20:44 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info