Discipline

there's still no justification for this aura requiring 60% reservation. none that can be given or logically proven.

u can say "just because i said so" but that's the logic a a child needs...may i remind u this is an adult game.
[quote="Mark_GGG"]damage modifiers don't can currently can't apply to degen.[/quote]
"Getting all life nods on passive tree should give additional survival, not the mandatory basic survival."
.\1.2/
..\3/
[img]http://ertaislament.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/pentavus.jpg[/img]
I agree to who says that this skill need a little buff: 318 ES at lvl 20 are a bit low, and stating "you can buff them with ES and auras node" isn't a good answer because also the other auras get those bonuses and remain superior (and many of the other stats which get boosted by auras can also be supported by some kind of flask), let alone that maybe someone already invested in reducing its cost by reserve nodes and would like to save a bunch of skill points
The buff don't need to be huge, but a 380-420 ES at lv20 would already be a nice improvement for a 60% reserved aura.

ps: sorry for my eventually bad english and typing.
People are getting like 3-4k base ES, meaning 318 ES roughly equates to a 10% more ES bonus.
IGN - PlutoChthon, Talvathir
with aura passives and es passives, discipline is easily an average of 1k...

"
HoolaBandoola wrote:
Also:
Wow, this thread since they made the aura-rework is the worst I've ever seen here in PoE...
So many children that need to learn their math before talking about numbers.
well what do you know, this is so true...
Last edited by soul4hdwn on Feb 4, 2014, 1:16:11 PM
I come bearing a question about how the different passives for Discipline stacks.

Example:
Lvl18 discipline = 288 ES
34% increased effect of auras from passives
200% inc. maximum ES from passives and intelligence
12% more maximum ES from CI passive

Will this render:
A)
288*1.34*(1+2)*1.12 = 1297,
or
B)
288*(1+2+0.34)*1.12 = 1077,
or some other amount of ES?

Also:
Wow, this thread since they made the aura-rework is the worst I've ever seen here in PoE...
So many children that need to learn their math before talking about numbers.
HoolaBandoola, creator of all things Hoola and destroyer of Rhoas.
Increased Effect of Auras/Buffs increases the Base value before 'regular' modifiers are added, because they apply to the Buff itself as opposed to the yield of that Buff. It's A.

EDIT: well technically the game would round down after applying Increased Effect.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Feb 4, 2014, 12:58:50 PM
I get 1k es from using discipline, when my base is only 2k.

50% more es for merely 33.3% mana reserved? Yes, please!

I have 75% reduction from passives and 74% from reduced mana support gem; had to sacrificed quite a lot offensive nodes but it's definitely worth it.

You really have to want it to make this aura gem really work; and that's the way it should be, isn't it?
Alice_of_Wraeclast - Dagger CI Witch
Alice_MadnessReturns - Molten Strike AoF witch
Flavour Build concept taken from Alice: Madness Returns
"
wxyjac wrote:

I have 75% reduction from passives

you can't have 75% reduction from passives...
IGN: Aqur
He is meaning 25% obviously, which takes him to a 75% cost for mana-reserved skills. Reduced Mana gem is displaying its reduction the same way.
"
callistololz wrote:
He is meaning 25% obviously, which takes him to a 75% cost for mana-reserved skills. Reduced Mana gem is displaying its reduction the same way.
Reduced mana gem isn't displaying a reduction value though. It's displaying a reservation multiplier. Those are very different things.
IGN - PlutoChthon, Talvathir

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info