General Gem Discussion

Some new spell suggestions:

- Channeling spells, dunno if it's possible with current engine limitation but something in the lane of D2 inferno spell would be nice, or a channeled lightning bolt that arcs to nearby enemies. It would have to do superior damage since it pretty much forces you to remain stationary most of the time.

- What's a magic system without chain lightning, even archers get it in a way, no ranged love with lightning currently as spells are more of a close-combat oriented.

- Chaos spells, for example Spectral Snake, a thrown snake clings to an enemy slowing its movement and doing chaos damage over time.

- Some physical damage spells for mages, ones available now are dexterity-exclusive. Something like traveling or area-effect earth spikes or tornado.
Respect your passive skills and they shall respect you in turn.
I would like to see some more skills that work with wands, right now only power syphon is a dedicated one, are you planning to add something? (or allowing some arrow skills to work with wands?)
"
Miruko wrote:
I would like to see some more skills that work with wands, right now only power syphon is a dedicated one, are you planning to add something? (or allowing some arrow skills to work with wands?)

Elemental hit and frenzy work too.
yes but they are too general, i'd love something specific for wands, maybe some awesome dual wand skill.
"
Miruko wrote:
yes but they are too general, i'd love something specific for wands, maybe some awesome dual wand skill.

Not a bad idea, might be a Shadow DEX skill :)

Akimbo

Fires both wands at the same time with a chance for knockback on hit.

Weapons do 80% of base damage
50% chance for knockback

+4% physical damage per level
+5% increased critical chance per quality rank

Last edited by raic000 on Aug 5, 2012, 8:29:17 AM
Am I the only one who's disappointed that Power Charges are basically useless to 99% of witches (because witches choose to be spellcasters rather than physical attackers with wands), since the only ways to get them involve either making physical attacks with power syphon OR a unique armor which requires sacrificing half your mana?

Can we get a skill which provides power charges and isn't a physical attack? Frenzy and Endurance charges seem vastly easier to come by (for the archetypes they belong to).
Last edited by Squirrelloid on Aug 6, 2012, 4:33:09 AM
I have noticed that the Increased Duration support gem only applies to the initial cast of the supported skill. Like if I have Increased Duration attached to Enduring cry but the Endurance charge timer resets if i kill a target that has warlords mark then Increased Duration no longer applies. You guys are doing great work keep it up I thank you.
Charges don't benefit from Increased Duration whicheverway, since they're not technically buffs :)
The bug you describe does apply to Blood Rage, and is a known issue.
Don't know if this is the right thread for this, but...

Is it "intentional" that Auras stays on the caster after removing adequate gems ???

Because it seems to be wrong this way. I can put some aura-gems for a couple of seconds --> cast the auras --> remove gems and put in something else --> exp/grind/fight with all the auras active even though I don't have any aura-gems in any of the sockets...
Last edited by Demoniq on Aug 18, 2012, 3:15:43 PM
"
Demoniq wrote:
Don't know if this is the right thread for this, but...

Is it "intentional" that Auras stays on the caster after removing adequate gems ???

Because it seems to be wrong this way. I can put some aura-gems for a couple of seconds --> cast the auras --> remove gems and put in something else --> exp/grind/fight with all the auras active even though I don't have any aura-gems in any of the sockets...

I'd guess it's intentional since your aura gems won't gain any EXP like that. If you just want to free action bar slots use weapon switching.
Last edited by raic000 on Aug 18, 2012, 5:36:36 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info