Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

General Gem Discussion

Hope can turn this thread into a New Skill Gem suggestion thread.

Please give you ideas of new skill here. The more ideas, the merrier.

Perm. Retired from this unforgiving land of the Exiles.
Self-impost EXILED.
Using Clarity, Anger, and Wrath on my Aura Templar and they work great! Now I just need to find Vitality, Discipline, and Purity to replace Anger and Wrath... does anyone know what difficulty these drop in?
ign: SQLException

dxdiag: http://pastebin.com/8WJ696Hu
Last edited by stayBlind on Jul 2, 2012, 2:52:32 PM
I feel that there is not enough fire based spells available. Seems to be quite a lot of ice spells and lightning gets a totem. Fire gets a spell that has a huge negative (in that it hurts you aswell) and then its just fireball and the fire storm spell.

Seems to me fire needs an AOE like nova, or a ground burning skill similar to fire trap but Int and spell based instead of just fire damage based.

OR possibly a Greater Fireball spell that has a huge AOE explosion on hit.

Not sure if my ideas are good ones or not. But when I match up each Fire spell to an Ice spell there seems to be 2-3 more ice spells left over with no equal/similar fire spell.
Fire trap deals spell damage. Also, you seem to have missed Molten Shell, which is a fire spell.

Nevertheless, more spells are coming.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
Fire trap deals spell damage. Also, you seem to have missed Molten Shell, which is a fire spell.

How many are we talkin'? :)
"
Mark_GGG wrote:

Can you hint at what kind of spells, how many, when, or any other detail, no matter how minute? :)
i kinda miss in the classic elemental spells in this game. theres already pretty much for ice but fire could use some more spells like some kind of firebreath or a firewall. for lightning i really would love a straight lightning beam and/ or a chainlightning. i know those things were already in other games but i think they belong to the genre and should be added.

First experience with the gems system is that it is that it was increadibly confusing and there needs to be more distinction between primary gems and support gems. WHen i first got 2 red gems i thought they would cuase additional effects if put in to my helm that had 2 linked red slots.. . i was so confused about why there was no extra effect. Then reading today i saw a picture of a support gem and it has a different note at the bottom. Without seeing this text difference tehres no information to determine if this is aprimary skill or not. I would recommend adding something like Primary skill: cleave a the top or something.
So I have a question regarding gems in general, but didn't want to start a new thread for it since this seems somewhat appropriate for it.

What happens if you level a gem to, lets say 10, and then you change your gear around a little after getting some upgrades and you no longer have the required stats for it? Will the skill just vanish from your bars or will you still be able to use what you have leveled up even after going below the requirements?
I'm very new to gaming, but was thinking of gem ideas:

To help the economy, have you considered
gems with finite charges?

Of these, some could be recharged, perhaps
with a special item / gem itself consumed by
the recharge process.

Some special, powerful, 'one shot' non-recharge gems?
These might be saved for special situations, bosses.

This might provide an alternative economic trading
item of value - recharge gems, powerful single use
gems, etc. Over time these would be consumed, sought,
traded, etc.

I greatly enjoyed the open beta weekend.
Thank you for this great game!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info