General Gem Discussion

deleted
Last edited by Badtwo on Apr 29, 2018, 12:18:44 AM
Please make fireball/ignite decent again id love to see ignite proliferating by itself or stacking like poison or increase damage like shocking
How about adding a counterpart to Puncture for axes? E.g.

Bisect

Attack, Duration, Movement, Melee

Leap above an enemy and slice them downwards from head to toe, causing a bleeding debuff which is modified by skill duration. Only works with axes (and maybe swords).

- Uses Leap Slam's animation, but with longer recovery after landing
- Higher base damage than Puncture, but less duration
So whilst we're on the subject of new Vaal skills perhaps we could take the time to look into buffing Viper strike somewhat, at later levels at the least.
Hell why not a Vaal version whilst we're at it.
Would it be possible to update all these posts with current level 1 and current level 20 skill gems? Maybe even also with +20% quality? Would make it easier for those of us who don't actively use the skill but are curious about it!
"
Skortch wrote:
Would it be possible to update all these posts with current level 1 and current level 20 skill gems? Maybe even also with +20% quality? Would make it easier for those of us who don't actively use the skill but are curious about it!

The wiki has all this information, including level by level progression for all gems, level 21+ info, and more.
Deleted.
Last edited by JanHermann on Jun 3, 2018, 4:56:39 AM
Can we have the new jewels uploaded into this forum so we can start commenting on them please?!
Buff Explode trap pls!
Weak:
-Dmg
-Aoe
A quick feedback regarding vaal skill descriptions. Currently skill tags for vaal and normal skill versions are displayed together. Because of that it might be a bit misleading because some of them apply to one version but not to the other. For example:
I've tested it with a vaal discipline. It has a duration tag while the normal version of the skill doesnt. I've wanted to make my vaal discipline last longer so I've linked it with increased duration support. However, I've been kinda scared because that should affect my normal discipline (with 140% mana cost multiplier) as it got duration tag now as well. Turns out the base discipline doesn't have duration tag so it doesn't affect it evne tho it says something else on the gem.
What would happen if I'd put vaal discipline in a "+1 duration gem levels" item or a "+1 vaal gem levels" items? Would that affect both my base discipline and vaal one? Maybe just vaal version would be affected because behind the scene they have separate lvls and base version doens't have appropriate tag? Or maybe it wouldn't affect neither because level is assigned to the base version and it doesn't have a "duration"/"vaal" tag? I'm pretty sure both version would be affected but still, the system is a bit counterintuitive.

When it comes to the support gems they can affect either base version of the skill, vaal one or both depending on the tags given version has on it's own. On the other hand, +1 xxx gem levels would affect both versions regardless one of them might be missing appropriate tag.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info