[3.5] Winter Orb CwC Ice Spear | MoM | Elementalist | Leaguestarter

Nice build enjoying it so far!
But where do i get power charge from ?
"
Souji01 wrote:
Sorry for making this stupid question is that I didn't really understand that part. you recommended using Controlled Destruction that reduce 100% critical strike chance but in skill tree you got Doom Cast that increases critical strike. I didn't really understand that part. pls can you explain to me the point of that??

A number of builds do this. That support gem increases spell damage while decreasing crit chance -- the idea is that you have enough crit chance from other parts of the build, that the increase to spell damage outweighs the decrease in crit.

tl;dr - 54% spell damage > 100% crit chance, because we already have tons of the latter (power charges, staff implicit, tree, jewels, armor, often helm, etc.)

In my build, 50-88 added cold to spells is more damage than 100% increased global crit.

EDIT: Has anyone PoB'ed using Increased Crit Damage in a pseudo 7-8 link? It seems like given the 600% crit chance of Ice Spear in second form, the multiplier would do insane damage. I am not skilled enough in PoB to figure out the CWC/Ice Spear total DPS.
IGN: Zergtrap
Last edited by muskart on Dec 31, 2018, 1:16:18 AM
Happened to drop a pretty nice upgrade for myself, and 6L + colored it tonight. I really need to get Vorici back into Research to experiment with sockets -- it's really expensive to recolor these staves.

I still need to 6L it, I don't know if the mods are good or should i keep trying to get the socketed gems get PWC?
Trying this build out, seems really fun so far. I just finished crafting and six linking my staff.

"
Jhska wrote:

I still need to 6L it, I don't know if the mods are good or should i keep trying to get the socketed gems get PWC?

The mods look OK, but the build really shines with a pseudo-7L, IMO. I would personally not bother trying to 6-link this. You should be able to find another. Just my 2c.
UPDATE: Try to implement this one too:

It is so good for this build! i tried it!

I am currently at 4.7 mill DPS - 3.3 Mill Shaper dps.
Last edited by HKKy0 on Jan 2, 2019, 5:02:19 AM
How do you calculate DPS with this build? Am I missing something obvious on the
UI?

edit: nvm found PoB, amazing.
Last edited by UDOELERHARD on Jan 3, 2019, 12:28:50 AM
Hi, I am very interested in this build and happen to have a spare shaper staff to craft. I did some alt spam and regal spam and got this
[dbLinkedItem id="12693281696"]
Is this worth 6L or should I aim for PCoC prefix? Thanks very much
Last edited by blueframe227 on Jan 3, 2019, 4:53:17 PM
This is my current build: https://pastebin.com/KtW1Jkqf

I still feel a little bit squishy against bosses, mob clearing is no problem though but when bossing on high tier maps and elder I just feel like the DPS isn't quite there.

Any tips on what I am missing?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info