[3.5] Winter Orb CwC Ice Spear | MoM | Elementalist | Leaguestarter

Build looks great i am leveling right now to try it.
how you finded staff with 20 lvl power charge on crit??
I can't find it. only 18 lvl.
it's possible?:D
what is price your staff?
Last edited by er_actionslayer on Dec 13, 2018, 6:04:27 AM
"
Baldry wrote:
Build looks great i am leveling right now to try it.

me too, lvl 75 here. very nice guide. ty
Do you balance attributes for wise oak or how do it look?
"
theeze wrote:
I'm trying to compare similar builds on POE.ninja and I see in the beginning of the tree you take cast speed as opposed to spell damage to what I see most go for, any reason for this?

I understand Winter Orb is a channeling skill, but is it really that significant over Spell Damage nodes? I've never used winter orb so I don't know the feel of the skill, I'm just curious.

I prefer the casting speed since you get quite a lot for little point investment. It helps with getting stacks up quicker and I don't think the build is lacking damage too much. You can of course swap it around if you prefer!

"

I just bought a shaper eclipse staff with itemlevel 84 and crafted it myself with alterations and regals. I have no idea what a staff like this might cost, sorry. :/ LVL18 PcoC is fine too!

"
Kikuki wrote:
Do you balance attributes for wise oak or how do it look?
Balanced resistances would be the best, but it's hard to do. Just make sure cold resistance is the highest.
Really awesome build!

iam at 470k icespear dps in pob. Really nice!
Here is my stuff atm:
Didn't even optimized my gems xD

Last edited by Aicen1987 on Dec 13, 2018, 3:17:41 PM
"

You have to buy a shaped eclipse staff. I bought mine at the beginning of the league for 1ex now they are ~40c. The u alteration spam it until u find ever cwc or pcoc. augment regal and pray :D. Then craft something on ut or mastercraft it at the final stage. Thats my plan

edit: the staff needs to be ilvl 80+
Last edited by Aicen1987 on Dec 13, 2018, 4:04:39 PM
A dumb question from my side, I watched your videos and didn't saw Ice Spear on your cast bar, but through the video it looks like you are casting it, am I missing something? May be some passive proc cast on Ice Spear when its linked to Winter orb or what?
It is linked to Winter Orb via Cast While Channeling - it casts a linked spell every X seconds depending on the level of the gem.

I switched to Ice Spear on level 70 and it was so slow leveling it that I just bought a level 21 Ice Spear and Winter Orb - that was some power spike I tell ya :D
Oh, I see, thanks for the clarification dude. Build looks like a real fun :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info