The Invisible Buff Effect

Come on guys, fix this.. The entire community is up in arms about MTX that are clearly anti consumer by design. It's crippling AAA developers so what do you think these kind of moves are gonna do for PoE?! How about doing the right thing that's smart and just give your players F12 toggle for aura [ON] OFF on gems that contain a persistent aura? What about players who purchase an aura from the store get account wide access to the feature? Give the players a reason to invest in the game while maintaining your integrity as a developer by letting people access the feature if they level a gem to 20. Whoever OK'd this needs a new job cause I can think of another 5 ways to implement this that would still be long run beneficial to the game's income without overly upsetting a wide portion of the core playerbase..
This is something people have been wanting as a graphics setting option for quite awhile but i'm not sure this is the way to do it guys!
i <3 minesweeper
"
BkBlindside wrote:
Come on guys, fix this.. The entire community is up in arms about MTX that are clearly anti consumer by design. It's crippling AAA developers so what do you think these kind of moves are gonna do for PoE?! How about doing the right thing that's smart and just give your players F12 toggle for aura [ON] OFF on gems that contain a persistent aura? What about players who purchase an aura from the store get account wide access to the feature? Give the players a reason to invest in the game while maintaining your integrity as a developer by letting people access the feature if they level a gem to 20. Whoever OK'd this needs a new job cause I can think of another 5 ways to implement this that would still be long run beneficial to the game's income without overly upsetting a wide portion of the core playerbase..

Fine messenge...sad that nobody want's to read it.

USE THE FREAKING ,,, and ...
Going to have to leave a comment about this here. I think everyone understands that PoE is free and needs to make money somehow (though I think its safe to say many are leery about the TenCent acquisition, and rightly so with the current trends in the Video Game industry). Quite frankly the MTX is a good sale model IMO, even if it is pretty pricy. Its still an optional, opt-in payment for a game that doesn't cost anything outside of the time to download and play it, and a vast majority of exclusive items are from supporter packs. Even everything in their loot boxes ends up on the marketplace after the league is over.

However I think this is understandably receiving backlash. This MTX in particular was handled poorly. While I have been wanting a hide MTX for quite some time (because lets be real - molten shell looks awful on ice themed armours), this really should have been introduced after there were options to globally (read - globally, not selectively) lessen or disable the effects of all skills and particle effects, with options to affect yourself, other players, or both. Everyone else would still be able to see your buffs, just not yourself. Because y'know, performance. This should have been released after such an option has been added. That way people who are so inclined can selectively disable their skills to make their MTX look nice/cleaner, while still allowing a functionality-only option for the less hardware-inclined. I can only hope such an option becomes available in the near future.

I have also recently discovered that apparently vanishing dye exists (didn't even know it was a thing till I browsed comments), which is the same thing but for armour/weapons. Vanishing dye shares my opinion on Invisible Buff, in that there should be an option in the graphics options somewhere to disable equipment MTX on yourself, other players, or both, while still allowing those who are inclined to selectively hide their gear to suit their MTX.

I would strongly advise against making such similar choices in the future. This has been a thing people have been asking for for years to be a graphics option, and I find it quite odd that the first performance-enhancing option for skills,etc. is a $5 MTX.
This is disgusting. Should 100% be free.
"
Runeword wrote:
This is something people have been wanting as a graphics setting option for quite awhile but i'm not sure this is the way to do it guys!

^
This

Also give us an option toggle off all MTX in towns, locally.
With so much mtx I get worse FPS in town than I do in a full party.

---
"
LoloTwingo wrote:
I would prefer an mtx to hide OTHER PEOPLE mtx when in town ...

"
Zailod wrote:
1 - Present a Free problem
2 - Sell the solution
3 - Braindead with money defend this because "It's a free game and they need money" (because with all the other mtx/tabs isn't enought)
4 - Profit

"I didn't know we were making a pants simulator." - Chris Wilson
Last edited by deadunion on Dec 12, 2018, 3:12:26 AM
This is really shameful, people ask for the possibility of having the reduced graphic effects and you ask them to pay for it?
"
Ondrugs wrote:
"
Vetrinus wrote:
It shall be free option to turn off all animations in game settings... "Pay to play" for low spec computers.

Why they should care about people, which don't want to spend money just to get a good PC? Why is it their problem? It's yours, so deal with it....? If you wanted to play fallout 4 or Skyrim you needed also a very good PC to play it without laggs, so why you guys make your problems, the problems of the developers? What is that?

Get some common sense?

https://www.pathofexile.com/game

"
Path of Exile is an online Action RPG set in the dark fantasy world of Wraeclast. It is designed around a strong online item economy, deep character customisation, competitive PvP and ladder races. The game is completely free and will never be "pay to win".

Adding option to increase game FPS for money is "pay to win".

Remove all effects shall be a free graphical option. Shall I pay for "remove shadows", "remove HD textures", "remove sounds" et cetera in the future?

Also this price is inadequate. Four invisible MTX for the price of Skyrim or Fallout 4, games you can modify using in-built constructor or mods?

Get some common sense?
People dusting off the ol Poehud. 😂😂
-Official Forum Dweller-
-I started the hoho movement-
-Exploit Early - Exploit Often-
-Moderators are absurd and OP-
What will be next? Ggg I will give you some hints. You can change colours drastically and sell normal colours mtx or change resolution to 640x480 and sell 4k mtx.
You can also rig off quit game option and sell this option as mtx. Same thing with for example sound packs. Do you want music in game? Buy mtx.

This is what governments do. Find problem and sell solution. Gg ggg.
Last edited by vayha on Dec 12, 2018, 8:12:19 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info