Righteous Fire/BV! (No Uniques Needed|Relaxing Play|Easy to Gear|Anyone Can Play|All Content)[3.5]

"
SevDestroyer wrote:
I'm having a little trouble in the early stages. I've been using Sunder with success. BV is hitting like a wet noodle so its not really an option for me it feels like till later on... Would you recommend I just drop the axes and start going spell damage? Or continue trying to make sunder work till....when exactly? Sorry I'm fairly new to the game so I have a hard time making educating decisions lol. I don't want to wait till its to late or I wont have any damage and can't even make it to RF.

I went with Sunder until around level 40, then switched to BV. Before then I agreed - it's not good. When making the switch I went BV, Combustion, Immolate, Spell Echo. From what I see immolate doesn't get included in the tooltip DPS numbers (since it doesn't know if the mob is on fire) ... but for me it feels like it works better than Iron Will (for example). Also - shouldn't be too long before you get a body/gloves/boots that drop GBBB linked. Also runnng Herald of Ash + Stone Golem. Hope that helps.

Edit/update: I take it back. BV is still not great into the 40's with the links above. Standing still while getting the blades up to 10 stacks leads to too many big hits taking us out - it's very hard to dodge when you're holding down one key to cast a spell 10 times. The regen is great - for trash mobs we stay pretty much 100%, but bosses (on the main story line) can kick our ***. It's also slow-ish to clear, as we have little coverage, so the play style with BV is a bit "stop start". I'll probably stick with it now, but I would recommend levelling with something else (maybe still sunder). I think maybe this build would work better as a 2nd league character, because DPS is lacking with just rares that you find. Hoping RF at level 56+ is worth it :)
Last edited by zedzed_uk on Dec 15, 2018, 9:47:28 AM
Any chance you could add a section of uniques or some best in slot pieces for this build for the people that want to push this to the maximum? I would appreciate that quite a bit as i have reached level 81 and im looking to push a bit more.
Last edited by Raidmaxxx on Dec 15, 2018, 5:41:54 AM
"
zedzed_uk wrote:
"
SevDestroyer wrote:
I'm having a little trouble in the early stages. I've been using Sunder with success. BV is hitting like a wet noodle so its not really an option for me it feels like till later on... Would you recommend I just drop the axes and start going spell damage? Or continue trying to make sunder work till....when exactly? Sorry I'm fairly new to the game so I have a hard time making educating decisions lol. I don't want to wait till its to late or I wont have any damage and can't even make it to RF.

I went with Sunder until around level 40, then switched to BV. Before then I agreed - it's not good. When making the switch I went BV, Combustion, Immolate, Spell Echo. From what I see immolate doesn't get included in the tooltip DPS numbers (since it doesn't know if the mob is on fire) ... but for me it feels like it works better than Iron Will (for example). Also - shouldn't be too long before you get a body/gloves/boots that drop GBBB linked. Also runnng Herald of Ash + Stone Golem. Hope that helps.

Edit/update: I take it back. BV is still not great into the 40's with the links above. Standing still while getting the blades up to 10 stacks leads to too many big hits taking us out - it's very hard to dodge when you're holding down one key to cast a spell 10 times. The regen is great - for trash mobs we stay pretty much 100%, but bosses (on the main story line) can kick our ***. It's also slow-ish to clear, as we have little coverage, so the play style with BV is a bit "stop start". I'll probably stick with it now, but I would recommend levelling with something else (maybe still sunder). I think maybe this build would work better as a 2nd league character, because DPS is lacking with just rares that you find. Hoping RF at level 56+ is worth it :)

Okay so I am close to level 50 now. I made the switches as follows
Lvl 1-20(Sunder)
20-30(Mix of Sunder and BV as im transitioning gear)
30 and on, BV

You need to use herald of ash
Once you link it with Iron Will, Fire Pen, Combustion

I am starting to cut through things like butter.

Once you get enough health regen, and max hp from gear, I dont think I ever drop below 80% hp on regular mobs

On bosses like kitava, well kitava was a challenge Ill tell you this much. He dropped me down to 40% sometimes 30% with the right combos. Lack of mobility will sometimes put you in some really stick situations. I'm probably going to add my own take to a few of these just to get some more mobility.
"
Raidmaxxx wrote:
Any chance you could add a section of uniques or some best in slot pieces for this build for the people that want to push this to the maximum? I would appreciate that quite a bit as i have reached level 81 and im looking to push a bit more.

Title my guy, the beauty of this build is you dont NEED any uniques at all. Use whatever gear, whatever you feel like you need. Need more damage? get more spell damage. More health. More max HP. Need to get attribute requirements (int,str,dex) start getting gear with that stuff. Its meant to be very versatile and smooth.

This build is not a speed clearing build if you find yourself struggling to keep up with like say Arc or something.

Edit: sorry I dont know why but I thought your 81 said 31 lol
Last edited by SevDestroyer on Dec 15, 2018, 2:10:13 PM
Im quite aware of that, i read the post. I know they are not needed, but he also said in the post if any uniques dropped that complimented the build you could implement them on your own which is why im asking if he can include a section for best in slot gear examples.
Hey SevDestroyer. :) Don't worry about any questions being "new". Ask anything you like and listen to those that want to help. The community is loaded with people that really want new players to love the game.

"
SevDestroyer wrote:
Honestly, even though everyone else is saying not to bother with BV, that's what I'd go with. Everyone has a different perception of efficient I guess, but I found BV enough on a 4 link to fly me through the game. (A Quartz flask that removed chill/freeze was huge for me.) I ended up with a 5 link on a Strength/Intelligence chest pretty in the late 60's, but I'm surprised with everyone's comments. I'm not sure what's going on, though I play in standard mostly so I didn't do any Syndicate stuff.

I can't see your character but depending on how many Ascendancies you've taken, the last two that I suggest are big deals as well.

I'm suggesting against the grain though. So in terms of when to convert, try it whenever, but don't get rid of your gear for a while incase you change your mind again. I know it's not a specific answer to your question. I'm sorry. (Another thing to remember is that RF gives a big damage boost to Blade Vortex when it's on.)

If you have other questions, let me know. Sorry this wasn't the answer your were looking for.
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
Hey Alpharien1025,

"
Alpharien1025 wrote:
Awesome guide! i am using a slightly modded version, more BV, less RF.

Does your loot filter (its great) show uniques as well, regardless of thier type/stats/gems? I like collecting them :)
Thanks! Yuuuuup. The filter shows ALL uniques. Though I make "no uniques required" guides, I get really excited when they drop :).

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
Hey daiverok,

"
daiverok wrote:
Hmm, looks nice for me.
I`ll give it a try.
Also - u can add some sweets to "leveling section" -if this is not first char, and u have some currency.
U become able to hold up ur RF much earlier with 1 alt - 1(2) c items like :
Springleaf, shapers seed, kikazaru (x2). Also for charges - lochtonial caress.
PS: how we are againts Syndicate? Those guys are pretty badass.
Thanks! I hope you like it and feel free to give suggestions too.

And good unique leveling suggestions for gear for those that want it.

Ya, the Syndicate are pricks ;). ESPECIALLY while leveling. Some of those battles are really busy so make sure you can phase through them (quartz flask). I'd turn of RF for the early stages of story when fighting the Syndicate. Just BV and Scorching Ray. The life regen will be more valuable than the bonus damage. That's my opinion anyway...for levelling. Once you have all four ascendancy nodes, you'll be fine playing anyway you want against them.

Annnnnd

A couple tips since there seems to be a bit of a spread between players enjoying leveling with BV:

-Craft some cheap movement speed on boots.
-Link Arcane Surge to BV if you want more mana regen.
-Use a Quartz Flask to run through enemies (mod it so you get rid of Freeze and chill on use).
-Have a flask that gets rid of bleed.
-Don't focus on getting BV to 10 blades. Staying still kills me more often than not. (I can't see half the crap enemies put on the ground.)
-I suggest keeping Purity of Fire and Herald of Ash always on.
-It's too many buttons for me: but a Quicksilver flask is a nice compliment to the Quartz Flask.

My playstyle doesn't suit everyone, but the above was wonderful for me.

Annnnnd

Last edited by Wrecker_of_Days on Dec 15, 2018, 7:56:08 PM
Hey zedzed_uk. You give good advice!

"
zedzed_uk wrote:
...it's very hard to dodge when you're holding down one key to cast a spell 10 times. The regen is great - for trash mobs we stay pretty much 100%, but bosses (on the main story line) can kick our ***.
I found the key for BV wasn't focusing on getting to 10 blades. My 4 link was BV-Added Fire-Combustion-Arcane Surge. I only bothered getting a about just over a second's worth of casting before moving around and doing the same thing. I used the Quartz Flask with freeze removal all the time too.

I know I have the least popular view here, but it did work well for me that way. (Don't forget Enduring Cry for boss battles.)

Thanks again for your responses and feedback. Keep it coming :).

Annnnnd

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info