Barrage Cast On Crit Optimization - A Full Enquiry

My question is does lancing steel interact the same way as barrage does ?
Aka does all the projectiles hit all at the same time ? Or u can get multiple casts per attack ?
Also does iy matter how much spells do u have linked ?
"
thepirate32 wrote:
Aka does all the projectiles hit all at the same time ? Or u can get multiple casts per attack ?
Also does iy matter how much spells do u have linked ?

You should be able to get multiple casts per attack. For the number of linked spells, it depends on what you intend to do.

If you hit with all projectiles before the cooldown on your first linked spell is done, linking a second spell may cause it to cast on the same attack.
Hi there OP

Any chance you might update this table taking into consideration and 2- and 3- spell setup? Ideally, with inputs relating to effective crit chance and hit chance?

Thank you again for your work and help!
As a follow-up, what would be the breakpoints for 11 arrows? (death's opus + gmp + barrage)
Maybe someone else can help me if the OP isn't around - in his graph why do LMP and GMP allow you to cast more spells per second if we only have one spell linked to coc/barrage?

LMP and GMP don't typically shotgun, so how can they increase your casts per second?
Last edited by mrpetrov on Dec 13, 2018, 7:53:11 AM
Barrage shotguns, gmp means higher casts on CoC, CoC has a 0.15 sec cd
Wand. Barrage is a wand attack :D
"
thepirate32 wrote:
Barrage shotguns, gmp means higher casts on CoC, CoC has a 0.15 sec cd

So are you saying that with Barrage +GMP you get 9 separate hit chances on a single target (if you stand close enough to shotgun)?
Last edited by mrpetrov on Dec 13, 2018, 8:30:40 AM
I'm really sorry I haven't been able to follow the thread, i'm not playing a lot this league.

I'll try to answer as best as I can to the questions/remarks of the thread :

"
This is the most accurate approach I have seen to this problem, and I appreciate that someone made the effort to solve it arithmetically.

"
How reliable is your information on the spacing of the spread of the projectiles across the last 60% of a Barrage attack? I could never find out if, even assuming they're spaced evenly, there's extra time before the first or after the last projectile or both, or whether the first and last projectile fire at the exact start and end of the 60%.

Unfortunately, I have no direct source for that, but the only relevant info I have on that is comming from this 2 years old reddit thread, but afaik, Barrage didn't get changed since (just one extra base projectile) : https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/4e97y1/psa_barrage_mechanics_ggget_confirmed_statement/

"

Is it possible to expand this code to make it more adjustable / cover precise usecases? Especially concerning crit chance and accuracy which I don't think you considered, but which will certainly make a difference if several spells are linked.

This is a possibility, since we're able to simulate on a large amount of Barrage attacks, however there is one major question that the whole "assuming 100% acc and 100% crit" brushed aside is whereas Crit/Hits are rolled per attack or potential hit, this is something I might test later but that's a bit of a pain to check video recordings frame per frame , and i don't see any other way to check that...

I'll post an updated script with more options and with both cases since I don't really want to bother checking which one is actually right.

Since we're now dealing with probabilities, I should add info about deviation, can't guarantee i'll do it.

"
Other than that I could think of (more or less) reasonably adding up to 11 projectiles (+2 bow, +2 corrupted quiver, +2 Dying Sun, +1 Deadeye / Pathfinder, +4 GMP to support shotgunning spells), and it's possible to link up to 5 spells in a bow with the CoC mod. I realise these combinations exceed the frame of what can easily be entered manually, hence I'm wondering about generating it automatically.

Adding extra projectiles can easily be done with the current script (it corresponds to the "EP" variable (for Extra Projectiles), i'll post a chart for all the extra arrow values ASAP.
I think that multiple spell support is possible but I have to think about it a bit more, it'll most likely be in the updated script with crit/acc variables tho.
"

In addition to this, another thing I'd be particularly curious about is combining Barrage CoC with Poet's Pens, which have a different cooldown (264ms @ 0-7% icdrs, 231ms @ 8-26% icdrs, 198ms @ 27%+ icdrs). Because spells socketed in Poet's Pens will deal different amounts of damage compared to the CoC setup (and each other because they can't both use the same spell), the exact damage optimisation would be subject to a very adjustable tool, but for now, I'd like to know the achievable casts per second.

Assuming that your Poet's pen has a different spell from your CoC setup, i'm guess that both Poet and your CoC setups shouldn't interfere with each other, since we have "instant casts" now, we're almost 100% sure that several cast can be done on the same tick, so both your setups should just add up.

"

I haven't played with lancing steel yet,sorry, I might do so but not in the immediate future, the other question were answered by other people already :)

"
So are you saying that with Barrage +GMP you get 9 separate hit chances on a single target (if you stand close enough to shotgun)?

Yes. That's why Barrage is so good for CoC setups, however about the exact terms of your question, I'm not sure whereas the Accuray/Crit are rolled once per hit or once per attack, but that's nitpicking :p
Barrage crit is rolled independently at least per projectile, I don't know about per hit though (relevant to things like pierce).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info