Barrage Cast On Crit Optimization - A Full Enquiry

"
grandanes wrote:
Barrage crit is rolled independently at least per projectile, I don't know about per hit though (relevant to things like pierce).

Good to know, it'll make things a bit easier :)

Can't do much more today, but here's the plot of all the cast on a single spell for up to 11 extra projectiles :

( This is the plot without CDR )

As you can see for a single spell, there is no return over investment at all for extra projectiles for more than one, this is due to the fact that the limiting factor is not the barrage hits, but the cooldown.
With more than one spell we should see a significant increase in casts per second value, (at the cost of one or more support links)
I had understood that:

- Crit is rolled once per Barrage attack
- Each individual projectile then undergoes an accuracy check to see if it hits

I read this on a reddit thread that I think Mark @ GGG contributed to but for the life of me I can't find it anymore!

Also, would you mind please providing a legend for the new graph and what is the x-axis label exactly?

Thanks again for all your work, can't wait to see the 2- and 3- spell graphs!
Last edited by mrpetrov on Dec 18, 2018, 10:52:23 AM
I'm not sure if anyone is following this thread anymore, but I'll post this here anyway. It's nothing new but I thought was interesting anyway.

I did a little experiment with my deadeye with poet's pen (ie cast on attack). My base APS is 2.5 and I get a 10-20% more speed multiplier from the deadeye Tailwind ascendancy. I only start the experiment when I have a full 20% more attack speed tailwind modifier going.

I ran three scenarios in my hideout:

1. With barrage alone, over the course of 10 seconds with 0% CDR I got, as you would expect, 30 magma orbs to fire (2.5 x 1.2).

2. With barrage linked to faster attacks (20/20 - 54% IAS), my base APS is 3.4. With 0% CDR I only fired 24 magma orbs in 10 seconds. Despite my attack speed being 4.1 (3.4x1.2), the fact that you get "out of tempo" with the poet's pen spell cooldown had a massive impact on procing magma orb. So even though my IAS was 54% increased in this scenario, I fired approximately 20% fewer magma orbs. It was really funky to watch as you could see it out of sync with the barrage firing as you missed loads of casts.

3. With barrage linked to the same faster attacks but with 15% CDR (using flow untethered belt), my base APS was 3.5 (the belt has 10% IAS on it) and, as you would expect, 43 magma orbs to fire in 10 seconds. So you can see that at 4.3APS you are still "in sync" with the poet's pen cooldown and get the full benefit of the faster attack speed modifier.

Anyway, it was fun to see this in action.
Last edited by mrpetrov on Dec 20, 2018, 3:12:38 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info