[3.6] The Blizz Sorc - Icestorm/Winter Orb CI Occultist - Viable For Everything

"
Med1umentor wrote:
"
Zerotanker wrote:
Hi Kel,

Are you using this as your starter or are you waiting for the gear to be cheaper later?

I think i may do this as my starter but if you feel its too expensive to start off i'll use it as the build after my starter build,

Cheers,

It's one of the cheapest and easiest builds to start, actually.
And kel always start with it.
There is nothing vital in that build that expensive. But it can scale accordingly in late game. Perfect balance.

Thanks Med1umentor, i appreicate the answer, that then definitely answers to what my starter is this league
"
Med1umentor wrote:
Also, even though i don't really want to do it that way, but it worth to consider to discard new addition of "frigid wake", and go to malediction instead.
With winter orb addition, profane bloom will guarantee great clear speed in maps, and malediction will give us 10% more damage and 10% reduced damage anyway. Quite comparable to 20% penetration and 10% reduced damage on "frigid wake path".
It would be a shame to lose freeze and chill immunity, but considering that it can be nihilated with simple flask, i think that i should say it.

Also, now that i think about it, it would be quite funny to have not the second WI on our weapon swap, but pseudo-5 link scepter for pure winter orb, and shield with socketed blasphemy for profane bloom :)
"
Hi Kel

Why did you choose the more mana jewel slot on the right side and not the more elemental dmg slot on the top of tree. Its only one point more.
Or do we have many issues with wo?

8% inc dmg is not worth 1 skill point.
but its 8 % more dmg vs more mana.

And more mana dont do nothing for us as long as its enought to cast wo
"
Med1umentor wrote:
Also, even though i don't really want to do it that way, but it worth to consider to discard new addition of "frigid wake", and go to malediction instead.
With winter orb addition, profane bloom will guarantee great clear speed in maps, and malediction will give us 10% more damage and 10% reduced damage anyway. Quite comparable to 20% penetration and 10% reduced damage on "frigid wake path".
It would be a shame to lose freeze and chill immunity, but considering that it can be nihilated with simple flask, i think that i should say it.

That's what I used in Standard while testing, since the pre-3.5 Void Beacon didn't do anything. It's an option for sure.

But I don't really care about clear speed that much. And HoI with the cold stuff should clear fine even without Profane Bloom. And +1 curse is going to be a craftable mod.

I just love the feeling of being immune to all ailments. :)
How should we approach pathing for the first 40 or 50 levels? Creep out in all directions? rush down to get access to VP? What do you feel will be the priority order for leveling.

Edit: Nevermind, it's already explained in the guide....
Last edited by Breken on Dec 7, 2018, 10:29:55 AM
"
Breken wrote:
How should we approach pathing for the first 40 or 50 levels? Creep out in all directions? rush down to get access to VP? What do you feel will be the priority order for leveling.

He explained it in the leveling part ;)
"
Breken wrote:

I actually think that there is no real point to rush to VP. Also, i would rather go to vile bastion as fast as i can.
That additonal ES comes really handy in leveling. Occultist is the only ascendancy that can level as ES character from the early-game.
Tons of ES without equipment make leveling a breeze even without life nodes. ES unbreakable recharge take care of our survivability.
Considering all of that, VP will only be needed in t16 bosses or something alike.
Well, probably i still get it quite early, just wanted to say that occultist have much more leisure in defense department not only in late game, but in early game especially.
Last edited by Med1umentor on Dec 7, 2018, 10:33:15 AM
Can this version deal with Uber Atziri? How much control do we have over WO not to hit the mirror one?
Occultist Pre-flight Check

And this is BEFORE 3.5...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info