[3.6] The Blizz Sorc - Icestorm/Winter Orb CI Occultist - Viable For Everything

I switched to Cyclone to see what it was like.

The only thing cyclone can't do is stack up icestorm in a remote spot. So I suspect some boss fights may end up more difficult. If so, we'll just use two different 6S staffs.

The real advantage of cyclone is that there is no longer any startup lag. You can move and kill. That's a huge win. I am levelling noticeably faster.

I am spamming my quicksilver flasks a lot more though.

Those of you using Rampage, why?

How is onslaught working for those of you that use it? Is your movement better? Can you actually maintain 100% uptime?
Last edited by Graiaule on Jun 10, 2019, 1:24:40 PM
"
Graiaule wrote:

The only thing cyclone can't do is stack up icestorm in a remote spot. So I suspect some boss fights may end up more difficult. If so, we'll just use two different 6S staffs.

The real advantage of cyclone is that there is no longer any startup lag. You can move and kill. That's a huge win. I am levelling noticeably faster.

How is onslaught working for those of you that use it? Is your movement better? Can you actually maintain 100% uptime?

Rampage is Damage + Movement speed. Also Fun factor. Makes mapping sooo much smoother and more enjoyable. To that end I am now using Null and Void for the pseudo IC it provides. It's active a surprisingly large amount of the time if I'm not stopping for a lot of loot.

Also, better to use the glove slot than belt slot (Bisco's Leash) for rampage as you ONLY lose the ES.

My focus right now is "Zoom zoom" so to that end I am using the Pathfinder ascendancy for the Flask sustain and movement speed. With this I can maintain my Silver Flask (and the others) for 100% uptime. I'm am fairly certain that I will change my spec when I get to deep delves/hard T16's though.

EDIT: Here's a video of me running a Poorjoy's at level 81:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MT0N12P7tnc&feature=youtu.be
Last edited by Gryphenprey on Jun 10, 2019, 9:33:30 PM
Is Might of the Meek no longer useful for the build anywhere?
"
Sachiru wrote:
Is Might of the Meek no longer useful for the build anywhere?

That appears to be the case. We don't want to lose the 40 int + 8% incr int keystone now.
"
Xirgu wrote:
now if only coloring the staff wasnt such a pain... :(
That's why I always try to put Vorici in Research :) T2 should be enough.
"
Gryphenprey wrote:
"
Graiaule wrote:

Rampage is Damage + Movement speed. Also Fun factor. Makes mapping sooo much smoother and more enjoyable. To that end I am now using Null and Void for the pseudo IC it provides. It's active a surprisingly large amount of the time if I'm not stopping for a lot of loot.

Also, better to use the glove slot than belt slot (Bisco's Leash) for rampage as you ONLY lose the ES.

My focus right now is "Zoom zoom" so to that end I am using the Pathfinder ascendancy for the Flask sustain and movement speed. With this I can maintain my Silver Flask (and the others) for 100% uptime. I'm am fairly certain that I will change my spec when I get to deep delves/hard T16's though.

EDIT: Here's a video of me running a Poorjoy's at level 81:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MT0N12P7tnc&feature=youtu.be

show me a delve run!
I still miss Kelvynn, this build is nothing without his guidance.
Last edited by gruumine on Jun 11, 2019, 2:18:52 AM
Can't resist making another blogpost: level 90, finished uber lab, got super lucky to hit my only enchant on (mediocre) boots. 2300 int, 8k ES.

While I'm still confident we can get to 14-15k ES and 3k int this way, it's going to be hard because I can't just run around elder UGS or whatever and ignore all damage sources. I'll be doing it at 10-11k ES and it might be hard. Perhaps the better route until endgame is greater ES + lower dps mode.
Last edited by NoImagination on Jun 11, 2019, 5:59:51 AM
Crap, I'm squishy in act 9 to the syndicate, noticeably more so than when I was a witch. 1500/1500 life/ES and level 64 at the moment. 75% to all resists. Too poor to upgrade gear now and then again at level 70. 981 int.

(Squishy = getting one shot at 750 remaining ES and 1500 life, by the way.)

I guess missing the former Immortal Call as well as the witch Freeze ability hurts more than I was expecting. Up to 11 deaths already -- I'm usually at 1 at this point (Innocence always kills me.)

Got any advice? Yeah I can avoid the Syndicate -- NEVER.

----------------

OK, switched curse #1 from Frostbite to Enfeeble. Will try to add curse #2, Temporal Chains when I get the socket.

Also added Zealot's Oath to keep my ES up better.
Last edited by Graiaule on Jun 11, 2019, 5:42:15 PM
Drop from the Legion chest, 6-link unique :)

"
lilianmarius wrote:
Drop from the Legion chest, 6-link unique :)

Ive been trying Cyclone CWC instead of WOrb and its been amazing. I cant help but feel like the Templar ascendancy for placing consecrated ground is kind of useless tho with Cyclone CWC. Your Thoughts?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info