[3.6] The Blizz Sorc - Icestorm/Winter Orb CI Occultist - Viable For Everything

"
elil91 wrote:
Thank you for perfect response, just what I needed. One question though, did you buy the base with 6 links?

That would be unreasonably expensive. Especially since we don't need 6L.

You buy any ilvl 83+ (or 86 if your budget is higher) base, craft it, and then throw some fuses at it to 5L it. Sometimes you can get lucky and get 6L before 5L. It's a small bonus, but nothing special.
"
romi510 wrote:
"
philanges wrote:

You will gain a LOT of ES and survivability by doing your merc and uber labs. Make this a priority.

You have a couple of life nodes that you could regret for some easy wins. You could replace the rare jewel at the left side of the tree with a brute force solution (you might need to put the rare jewel in one of your other sockets to keep your resists capped).

Your gear looks pretty ok depending on your budget. :) Your gloves and boots could have more ES, and your rings could have ES too.

I solved my mana issues by crafting -7 to cost of skills on a ring.

Thanks! Just did my merc lab, surprisingly, the traps are easier with ES O_o
I've managed to survived it, I have never attempt the uber lab before, will give it a try...

Just took the ZO node, hopefully that will help. I will look into getting a ring with -mana affix.

Get a ring with an open Prefix. Het one of the member here like Lilian to help craft -7mana. I can only craft -5 mana unfortunately.
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
elil91 wrote:
Thank you for perfect response, just what I needed. One question though, did you buy the base with 6 links?

You buy any ilvl 83+ (or 86 if your budget is higher) base, craft it, and then throw some fuses at it to 5L it. Sometimes you can get lucky and get 6L before 5L. It's a small bonus, but nothing special.

Wouldn't using the Jeweler Prophecy which cost about 11c, then use 350 Jeweller Orb benchcraft which cost roughly 26c, to get the 6th socket be statistically cheaper. ABout 40c cost, guarantee 6 sockets and 5 linked.
"
elil91 wrote:
Also, currently imprints cost around 75 c, would I be better off going for alts, regal and scour?

Prices change during the league. Let's see...

Right now: 1c ~ 15 alts, 1 annul ~ 39c, craicic chimeral ~ 70c.

Let's say 1000 alts to spam a good base. That's 66c.

No matter how you get to the point when you need to annul a junk mod, it's 1/3 chance then, so expect to do it 3 times.

Method 1:
( alt spam + regal + annul ) * 3 = ( 66 + 1 + 39 ) * 3 = 318c

Method 2:
alt spam + ( imprint + regal + annul ) * 3 = 66 + ( 70 + 1 + 39 ) * 3 = 396c

So yes, with the current prices it cheaper to just alt spam, regal and annul.

However, imprinting would save you a lot of time at the price of some more currency. It's much faster to buy the beasts and annulment orbs than to repeatedly alt spam.

Last edited by Kelvynn on Apr 17, 2019, 10:27:17 PM
"
KiadawP wrote:
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
elil91 wrote:

Wouldn't using the Jeweler Prophecy which cost about 11c, then use 350 Jeweller Orb benchcraft which cost roughly 26c, to get the 6th socket be statistically cheaper. ABout 40c cost, guarantee 6 sockets and 5 linked.

Sure, when the price of the Jeweller's Touch prophecy goes down to where it is right now, it's cheaper to just buy it than to 5L yourself.
"
romi510 wrote:
I need some help. I'm currently level 73 and having a hard time leveling up. Mainly doing tier 4/5 maps but I keep dying randomly, so it's frustrating. I have no idea what hit me and my ES just degenerates until I die... (I think BR is getting me killed and I took it out for now..) Having only 4635 ES(w/ discipline running, w/o will be 3798)makes me really feel squishy. Also, with 3 auras running (discipline, Herald, Artic Armor), I only have 137 mana left, so I keep running out of mana too. :/

Edit: Removing BR has greatly improved my survivability lol

Can someone look at my gear, what can I replace to improve my game play? Much appreciated.

Did you forget to upgrade Arakaali? There is no point in using BR when it's not upgraded.

137 mana is fine. Enchant your boots.

4600 ES can take you to T5 maps, but you need to upgrade and level up if you want to go further.

And you need to use the recommended links. Check the Sockets and Links section. Bonechill should be linked with AA, not with HoI. Not using CWDT -IC also reduces your survivability.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Apr 16, 2019, 1:47:11 PM
Final ring upgrade. Had high Int and one solid resist (with open suffix) after essence crafting but re-rolled and lost out. Wasted a little currency and then hit some decent rolls with alt spamming:

Losing the %Inc Dex implicit on my former ring dropped my dex below strength and allowed me to make a jewel swap as well. Int up another 50+ to 2159 and ES up another 350 or so to 11,777.

I think I'm done for now (maybe)...but I am not good at resisting the gucci...my precious...;)

So far this build has been great, killed all the guardians (with some effort), atziri, and uber lab is easy.

But i've come to a point that i'm gonna need to invest 1ex+ to get something, the only thing i might be able to buy is the might of meek jewel, which is 35c atm.

Does it really make a big difference? Is it a little upgrade in dps? or a decent upgrade?

Atm i'm at 8.2k ES, but getting those +% int on my rings, amulet or belt is out of my reach for now. Guess i'm gonna need to save up, to invest in those, since i'm stuck at 1488 int for now.

And, something else, when i'm using my single target staff my mana regen is fine, but when i'm using my trash mob staff (the 5L), i can't sustain my mana. For example when mining, and i have to clear a big pack of mobs, i have to constantly use a mana flask to keep up with the mana loss. is this normal?

Last edited by Grimstarz on Apr 16, 2019, 6:49:53 PM

Finally upgraded my rings :), not the best rings but its a start.
my intellect improved from 1870 to 2070, quite a good upgrade.
Last edited by lewo on Apr 16, 2019, 7:07:41 PM
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
elil91 wrote:
Also, currently imprints cost around 75 c, would I be better off going for alts, regal and scour?

Prices change during the league. Let's see...

Right now: 1c ~ 15 alts, 1 annul ~ 39c, craici chimeral ~ 70c.

Let's say 1000 alts to spam a good base. That's 66c.

No matter how you get to the point when you need to annul a junk mod, it's 1/3 chance then, so expect to do it 3 times.

Method 1:
( alt spam + regal + annul ) * 3 = ( 66 + 1 + 39 ) * 3 = 318c

Method 2:
alt spam + ( imprint + regal + annul ) * 3 = 66 + ( 70 + 1 + 39 ) * 3 = 396c

So yes, with the current prices it cheaper to just alt spam, regal and annul.

I'm glad I didnt spend 2,5 ex on the 6 link then. Went for base for 3c instead, hehe.
Thank you for doing the math. I'm doing method 1 atm, so far I've used 1500 alts without getting the right mods, but thats just my bad luck...
Not really tempting to try and craft it again with altspamming, in the cause of having the same bad luck over again, so I think I'll just imprint it.

Thanks for response!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info