[3.6] The Blizz Sorc - Icestorm/Winter Orb CI Occultist - Viable For Everything

"
Guido71103 wrote:
i noticed leveling tree and lvl 90 tree are completely different... which do i follow?

If you are new in the game, remember - if leveling tree is different from final, it means that you are supposed to refund certain nodes at some point.
Usually it is done due some kind of large scale renovation, like reaching level to be able to equip certain uniques, or reaching level to switch to CI, etc
Idea behind this is always the same - it's hard to start the game with the build optimised for the endgame content. Therefore you take good nodes that help your leveling, and get rid of them when they become obsolete.

In that case, it's probably CI. You start leveling as life character, and switch to CI at 61-69 lvl, completely refunding all your life nodes that you take previously.
Last edited by Med1umentor on Mar 8, 2019, 5:35:38 PM
"
Med1umentor wrote:
"
Guido71103 wrote:
i noticed leveling tree and lvl 90 tree are completely different... which do i follow?

If you are new in the game, remember - if leveling tree is different from final, it means that you are supposed to refund certain nodes at some point.
Usually it is done due some kind of large scale renovation, like reaching level to be able to equip certain uniques, or reaching level to switch to CI, etc
Idea behind this is always the same - it's hard to start the game with the build optimised for the endgame content. Therefore you take good nodes that help your leveling, and get rid of them when they become obsolete.

In that case, it's probably CI. You start leveling as life character, and switch to CI at 61-69 lvl, completely refunding all your life nodes that you take previously.

gotcha.. thx
Well I might be boned... unless something changes soon. Couple levels away from the switch to Whispering Ice and there are none on HC synthesis market right now. There was one up for 10c 20 minutes ago.

What do? Level without it in the guide? I wonder how long this will take to be available in HC
Farm the Western Forest (act 6) for the div card (Incantation.)

In the meantime, use Winter Orb in a 4L.

In Synthesis softcore, WI's are going for a minimum of 5c at this moment -- assuming you can actually complete the purchase. There appear to be a LOT of people playing WI in this league, and the staff, which is the bottleneck, is being snapped up very quickly.
Last edited by Graiaule on Mar 8, 2019, 9:32:58 PM
"
Graiaule wrote:

In Synthesis softcore, WI's are going for a minimum of 5c at this moment -- assuming you can actually complete the purchase. There appear to be a LOT of people playing WI in this league, and the staff, which is the bottleneck, is being snapped up very quickly.

That's really unfortunate.. I was looking at SC out of curiosity and an hour or so I saw them going for the usual 1-2C. I was very jealous! :p Obviously RNG, but on average I am curious how long it takes to farm the div cards in A6. I will have to go that route I am almost certain.
"
pbrayer wrote:

That's really unfortunate.. I was looking at SC out of curiosity and an hour or so I saw them going for the usual 1-2C. I was very jealous! :p Obviously RNG, but on average I am curious how long it takes to farm the div cards in A6. I will have to go that route I am almost certain.

Nah. 10 hours after league start, WI's are up to 8c each. Bummer. And the pathofexile/trade is broken at the moment for currency exchange, as you can't enter, say 0.5 chaos for an item.
"
pbrayer wrote:
"
Graiaule wrote:

WI and other unique items/jewels useful for the build (including watcher's) won't be an issue in HC. But end-game high ES/int rares are a different story... it was very difficult to find good upgrades last league unless you try to craft them yourself. A reason why I play SC this league.
Last edited by AsbelFar on Mar 9, 2019, 2:17:46 AM
Spell Cascade does not seemn to work with cwc anymore.
As soon as i socket the cwc gem into my whispering ice the spell cascade gets removed
Shadownerfed hard...
"
Haradon wrote:
Spell Cascade does not seemn to work with cwc anymore.
As soon as i socket the cwc gem into my whispering ice the spell cascade gets removed
Shadownerfed hard...

damn, maybe a bug (submitted here https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2453411)
Last edited by adambog on Mar 9, 2019, 5:28:46 AM
Can you still do the fire conversion to this build? WO just is clunky imo. :/

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info