[3.6] The Blizz Sorc - Icestorm/Winter Orb CI Occultist - Viable For Everything

Hello, and thank you for this awesome guide :)

Since i want to go CI again as leaguestarter, this build is in my consideration :)

How much does Whispering Ice usually cost early league?
Same question for Astramentis?

I assume the main hurdle to get something started is getting a decent chest, since they will most likely have to be self crafted due to supply?
Hi, thanks for the awesome build, I've tried it at the end of last league and really enjoyed it.

I am thinking to go this time to HC SSF and I have a question regarding few nodes. For instance, a new Enigmatic Defense, for 4 points it gives +47% spell damage +few block chances. What was the reason to exclude that, is Int worth more than that? The second question is about the new support gem - ES leach. As I am going to do HC it seems like a valuable choice, but I am not sure what should I take away from the staff? Almost every support there give a huge boost to the damage, I am just not sure which is less important.

Thanks!
"
EvoluteMe wrote:
The second question is about the new support gem - ES leach. As I am going to do HC it seems like a valuable choice, but I am not sure what should I take away from the staff?
What do you mean, "take away"? Guide has already been updated, and in "sockets" paragraph, it says "Winter Orb - Cast While Channelling, Energy Leech, Cold Penetration, Spell Cascade, Concentrated Effect."
"
Despiteful wrote:
Hello, and thank you for this awesome guide :)

Since i want to go CI again as leaguestarter, this build is in my consideration :)

How much does Whispering Ice usually cost early league?
Same question for Astramentis?

I assume the main hurdle to get something started is getting a decent chest, since they will most likely have to be self crafted due to supply?

This has already been answered - I asked it a few pages back. Whispering Ice is really cheap, 1-2C and Astramentis is decently expensive unless you're able to get the div cards for cheaper
"
zecoratul wrote:
"
EvoluteMe wrote:
The second question is about the new support gem - ES leach. As I am going to do HC it seems like a valuable choice, but I am not sure what should I take away from the staff?
What do you mean, "take away"? Guide has already been updated, and in "sockets" paragraph, it says "Winter Orb - Cast While Channelling, Energy Leech, Cold Penetration, Spell Cascade, Concentrated Effect."

Oh, right. To much information to go through after the change. Thanks!
"
EvoluteMe wrote:
Hi, thanks for the awesome build, I've tried it at the end of last league and really enjoyed it.

I am thinking to go this time to HC SSF and I have a question regarding few nodes. For instance, a new Enigmatic Defense, for 4 points it gives +47% spell damage +few block chances. What was the reason to exclude that, is Int worth more than that? The second question is about the new support gem - ES leach. As I am going to do HC it seems like a valuable choice, but I am not sure what should I take away from the staff? Almost every support there give a huge boost to the damage, I am just not sure which is less important.

Thanks!

for SSF arcane will (2points) and enigmatic defence are viable options.
The reason you don't take it in an endgame build is because we place a might of the meek jewel on the top jewel side above witch, giving you some extra dps/chill and like 70 int orso and spending the points elsewhere (extra jewel/curse/int orso)
ign: ropefly
Last edited by ropefly on Mar 8, 2019, 5:44:38 AM
What other popular meta builds fight for the same items as this build?

What are those items and the builds?

Mainly wondering about the high int items, Ive never done a build that needed int so badly. If I buy expensive items and stop playing this build Im curious how easy it would be to resell the gear.
"
liquidSG wrote:
I'm going to attempt this build for HC and try to go kill Uber Elder there for the first time. Instead of a quicksilver flask, for the elder fight itself, I might test an Aquamarine flask of Adrenaline instead.

I've tried Aqua flasks against Uber Elder and Aul in the past. Didn't notice any improvement at all. In fact, it looked worse than Sapphire's flat mitigation.
"
Tecken1407 wrote:
How about the support gem intensify for whispering ice?

It's a self-cast gem. Not going to consider switching to self-casting right now: getting stuck in the casting animation is bad, losing WO clear speed is bad, the mana cost would need to be addressed. The damage should be higher, of course. But it is worth it? No time to theorycraft right now.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Mar 8, 2019, 11:06:04 AM
"
EvoluteMe wrote:
For instance, a new Enigmatic Defense, for 4 points it gives +47% spell damage +few block chances. What was the reason to exclude that, is Int worth more than that?

Yes, Int is worth more than simple increased damage nodes. This build scales from Int in multiple ways.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info