[3.6] Elementalist - Armageddon Brand - Ignite. Elder/Shaper Viable - Cheap starter

"
Swiks wrote:
Hey man ! Cool idea but the build need some work if you want to call it an Ignite build imho.

Here is your PoB with the max level gems, Pendulum, flasks active and the Shock from Elementalist calculated (check the quicksliver flask) : https://pastebin.com/nEGL7Gwi 119k Shaper ignite DPS (221k vs white mob but it's meaningless, you should always check your single target DPS)

Here is my take on it without denaturing it too much: https://pastebin.com/jEy2JrLj 274k Shaper ignite DPS

The main change are the tree, new uniques, 2 Ascendancy nodes and Elemental Equilibrium. This version also adds immunity to Ignite and Shock.

The build plays pretty much the same way, the only difference is that you cast a Storm Brand on the tougher enemies to proc EE. Another slight difference is that you rely more on the ignite than on the actual hit, you can use Hypothermia instead of Deadly Ailment if you want a harder hitting Brand, the final DPS will be equivalent.

In any case, even if you decide to not follow my advice at least use this flask :
it's super cheap and a direct improvement from a regular Silver Flask.

Great tips and thank's for bringing that flask to my attention!
Do you think it could be worth it to drop elemancer and the stone golem for Paragon of Calamity or is reflect not too much of a problem since most of the damage is ignite?
"
Wigglezig wrote:

Great tips and thank's for bringing that flask to my attention!
Do you think it could be worth it to drop elemancer and the stone golem for Paragon of Calamity or is reflect not too much of a problem since most of the damage is ignite?

I have respecced now and played with this a bit. The stone golem does not become elemental immune and dies quite often in t15 maps. But the damage has gone up and it feels just as good as b4. I like that we now are immune to burning and shock. Burning used to be a big problem for MoM.

I have updated my current PoB and it feels like this is finished now. Maybe we can get some more upgrades or changes. But for now.. nom nom
Anyway, thx for your guide, build is very fun, skill animations are omg, having a lot of fun, even so ignite by itself is not powerful mechanic, it can do a lot of mapping content
"
allanon12 wrote:
Anyway, thx for your guide, build is very fun, skill animations are omg, having a lot of fun, even so ignite by itself is not powerful mechanic, it can do a lot of mapping content

Agree it's a fun build but the animations makes it abit hard to see what's going on.

Lightning Golem goes in malachai's Artifice. So he proccs EE when ha attacks.

Last edited by seabazz on Dec 13, 2018, 4:25:36 PM
What do I do with "elemental reflect" maps?

I see what impact dmg seems to be a huge part of this build or how many % of ignate damage would 6 brands do with meteors?
Hi Sea, what about clearspeed with Armageddon Brand? Cuz ATM play on Elementalist Self-Cast Arc (good game speed) and thinking about spec to Storm\Armageddon or don't need spec
"
Agroveuin wrote:
Hi Sea, what about clearspeed with Armageddon Brand? Cuz ATM play on Elementalist Self-Cast Arc (good game speed) and thinking about spec to Storm\Armageddon or don't need spec

The Clearspeed is very good. Things that slow me down are syndicates in higher maps.
Never tried Storm brand but it seems cool!
"
seabazz wrote:
"
Agroveuin wrote:

The Clearspeed is very good. Things that slow me down are syndicates in higher maps.
Never tried Storm brand but it seems cool!

Thanks)
"
Sinatr wrote:
What do I do with "elemental reflect" maps?

I see what impact dmg seems to be a huge part of this build or how many % of ignate damage would 6 brands do with meteors?

At the moment we don't do ele reflect maps. I dont think 6 brand explosions at the same time counts as 1 big hit for ignite. I think it takes the hardest hit and makes an ignite based of that.
FYI this weapon is up for sale if anyone is looking to get into this build :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info