3.5 Kitava's Pen - Kitava's Thirst VD/Cremation, Tanky ✓ Uber Elder ✓ No Poet's Pen required ✓

"
I suggest leveling as a self cast arc inquisitor. This is not the best leauge starting build

Why is that? You don't think it could farm a tabula pretty easily and swap to the full setuo?

Does the build work on a 4 or 5 link if you have a 4 link Kitava's Thirst setup? I thought that was what would be doing most of the damage.

Appreciate your thoughts, trying to decide what to start as. :)
livejamie
"
livejamie wrote:
"
I suggest leveling as a self cast arc inquisitor. This is not the best leauge starting build

Why is that? You don't think it could farm a tabula pretty easily and swap to the full setuo?

Does the build work on a 4 or 5 link if you have a 4 link Kitava's Thirst setup? I thought that was what would be doing most of the damage.

The problem is the mana cost. You need your flame surge to cost at least 100 mana. You can achieve that with a 6l and 80% mana cost void bringer or use fevered mind
Anything on pantheon and ascendancy ?
Thanks a lot for this build. I started a GC totem templar, quickly realised I hated the playstyle and looked for sth to switch to without rerolling.

This is one of the coolest builds I've played over the past few leagues.

Instead of leveling as an arc selfcast like you suggested, I played the build without the auto-cast mechanics of Kitava's Thirst.

Just using VD and Desecrate with Flame surge for single target worked fine.

Managed to play the build properly only after ALL the following milestones were achieved (for anyone wanting to try this build):

Lvl 56 for lvl 14 flame surge
5-Link chest with the suggested skill gems minus Controlled Destruction
Kitava's Thirst, Voidbringer (with suggested gems) and Fevered Mind Jewel
Taken only hp/mana and flat damage nodes on the tree (saved block/crit nodes for later)
Cruel lab done: taken Sanctify and Pious Path (essential mana regen)

With this setup Flame Surge costs 105 mana to count as the trigger, even with mana-cost reduction nodes on the tree. The whole setup cost me only about 5c, which was doable even being a league start character.

Look forward to taking it into endgame, once it works it's extremely fun, and even with manually casting all the spells I had a good time.
Last edited by Grojen on Dec 9, 2018, 3:18:37 PM
"
PeppyAcer wrote:
Anything on pantheon and ascendancy ?

Checkout the POB code, or my character called "boundless Disentigration"
"
Grojen wrote:
Thanks a lot for this build. I started a GC totem templar, quickly realised I hated the playstyle and looked for sth to switch to without rerolling.

This is one of the coolest builds I've played over the past few leagues.

Instead of leveling as an arc selfcast like you suggested, I played the build without the auto-cast mechanics of Kitava's Thirst.

Just using VD and Desecrate with Flame surge for single target worked fine.

Managed to play the build properly only after ALL the following milestones were achieved (for anyone wanting to try this build):

Lvl 56 for lvl 14 flame surge
5-Link chest with the suggested skill gems minus Controlled Destruction
Kitava's Thirst, Voidbringer (with suggested gems) and Fevered Mind Jewel
Taken only hp/mana and flat damage nodes on the tree (saved block/crit nodes for later)
Cruel lab done: taken Sanctify and Pious Path (essential mana regen)

With this setup Flame Surge costs 105 mana to count as the trigger, even with mana-cost reduction nodes on the tree. The whole setup cost me only about 5c, which was doable even being a league start character.

Look forward to taking it into endgame, once it works it's extremely fun, and even with manually casting all the spells I had a good time.

Wow, well done. I am glad to see you were able to run it as a league starter! I might have to create an inquisitor soon!
I did start this league with this build, it's great! for single or aoe target. I didn't see fevered mind was only 1c. I was waiting for enough currency and went with a tabula for the 6L + the gloves 78%. You need a lot of cast speed to start shining (with the ascendancy Instruments Virtue) with more Kitava proc.
I'm only playing in T2-T5 at the moment, I just need to be more lucky with the map drop. Only Haku can kill me at the moment with his big hammer, but you can OS almost everyone from the syndicate.

"
Last edited by luvahiz on Dec 9, 2018, 7:59:51 PM
What are the priorities we're looking for on the weapon and what can we use until we get a good rare?
livejamie
"
livejamie wrote:
What are the priorities we're looking for on the weapon and what can we use until we get a good rare?

Just a good cast speed weapon 10+, elemental penetration. High spell damage, nothing picky at all
"
Some_Day wrote:
"
livejamie wrote:
"

The problem is the mana cost. You need your flame surge to cost at least 100 mana. You can achieve that with a 6l and 80% mana cost void bringer or use fevered mind

What exactly is this foreved mind?
I researched and did not find, is it some jewelry that puts on the passive tree?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info