Slow Mo Zombies! (No Uniques Needed|Relaxed Playstyle|Easy to Gear|Anyone Can Play|All Content)[3.5]

"
daimonxp wrote:
...been lvling Non-League trying it out near lvl 60ish. it's great so far.
I'm glad you like it! I can't wait for 3.5! The crafting can blow this build wide open :-)
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
Last edited by Wrecker_of_Days on Dec 9, 2018, 3:57:12 AM
"
"
daimonxp wrote:
...been lvling Non-League trying it out near lvl 60ish. it's great so far.
I'm glad you like it! I can't wait for 3.5! The crafting can blow this build wide open :-)

I see what we need on the gear stats we need, but wish there were some unique items choice wise that would be an option since this is first time going necro like necro gear options to improve the build and try to farm, usually did maurder.

Also what flasks, I'm sure there's obvious ones we all use. someone mentioned zombies die way to quickly for high end content. Have you used this build on uber elder, shaper etc many times yourself? I'm sure you have just wondering. I know you said it can take on everything, just curious before I invest into it. Thanks again! And thanks for answering all the questions throw at ya!
Great to see a new version of this guide!

I asked this a year or so ago, but unfortunately never got to test it. I'd like to play together with my gf this season and she really likes summoners since the good old days of D2 necro, so this seems exactly the right build for her.

What would you consider the ideal "companion" build to this one, any great synergies you'd recommend with the current patch?
@daimonxp Look through the 25 or so pages from the 3.4 version of this build to see what pieces people are talking about using. That will give you some ideas. I've never played a summoner myself and learned quite a bit from doing that.
"
daimonxp wrote:
I see what we need on the gear stats we need, but wish there were some unique items choice wise that would be an option since this is first time going necro...
There are tons of uniques to choose from! So many that I'll just give you the link. https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Minion#Unique_items. My one handed filter will have Mon'tregul's Grasp as an item to hope to get via "chancing", while the two handed filter will have the Dying Breath as a hopeful chance.

"
Also what flasks, I'm sure there's obvious ones we all use. someone mentioned zombies die way to quickly for high end content.
There are again, tons of options, but we'll have roughly just over 5000 health with average high rolls (75ish) to health on our gear. That's not that high. So I like to save my flasks for my survivability. Feel free to use whatever suits your playstyle though. I only use life flasks and either a flask that gives movement speed or phasing.

"
Have you used this build on uber elder, shaper etc many times yourself? I'm sure you have just wondering. I know you said it can take on everything, just curious before I invest into it. Thanks again! And thanks for answering all the questions throw at ya!
The key to this build if you prioritize Zombies is mastering Convocation. Zombies can't face tank EVERYTHING. Otherwise there'd be no other reason to play anything else in the game. So if you care to keep them out of the "one shot" hits, you'll have to learn the battle sequences, then know where to recall you zombies. I added skeletons for 3.5 so that I don't have to care if my zombies are dead or alive in a boss battle. (Even if your skeletons are in your 4link helmet, having a helmet that has +2 or +3 to minion gems makes it comparable (or slightly better) than skeletons in a 5 link).

Honestly though, if you're already at level 60, you've gotten a feel for how the build works and feels. The damage is good enough for all content (I only use 5 links on console) so the only thing to consider is if you like how the survivability works (movement skill, movement speed, etc.).

There are tons of awesome minion builds. The one worth all your currency is the one you find the most fun :). I mean, obviously that's one with zombies and temporal chains ;)...

Feel free to ask as much as you like!

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
Last edited by Wrecker_of_Days on Dec 9, 2018, 3:57:53 AM
Hey TheDelta!
"
TheDelta wrote:
Great to see a new version of this guide!

I asked this a year or so ago, but unfortunately never got to test it. I'd like to play together with my gf this season and she really likes summoners since the good old days of D2 necro, so this seems exactly the right build for her.

What would you consider the ideal "companion" build to this one, any great synergies you'd recommend with the current patch?
Ya! I totally remember! I don't remember what I suggested though. But I think the best thing to do is auras. Even if you don't do the "aura-bot" with uniques, grabbing all the aura nodes on the tree (except for the ones at the very south) will let you run 4 35% auras. So you should be a good partner and make her feel the best ;). Running Purity of Fire, Ice, and Lightning will increase the maximum resists of both her and her minions and you could also give them ES with Discipline.

Another option would be to run Hatred for her. If you stayed in the fray, her minions would still get the cold damage and then she could select Mind Over Matter on the tree for more personal survivability.

ANOTHER option is to run an Animated Guardian (maybe along the defensive auras so it has better chance at living) with ally boosting stuff like Dying Breath. DO IT! DO IT! DO IT!

Thoughts?

Nice to hear from you. Let me know what you choose!

Annnnnd

Last edited by Wrecker_of_Days on Dec 9, 2018, 3:58:09 AM
I think i'll go with 2h setup for more dmg, do you think it'll be ok to get those res high enough? You've said that it will "be a little tighter on capping resists (it'll still be easy)", however when you get your hands on Dying Breath, you will miss one item that you could have res on.
Last edited by lly1953 on Dec 7, 2018, 4:16:16 AM
"
"
daimonxp wrote:
I see what we need on the gear stats we need, but wish there were some unique items choice wise that would be an option since this is first time going necro...
There are tons of uniques to choose from! So many that I'll just give you the link. https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Minion#Unique_items. My one handed filter will have Mon'tregul's Grasp as an item to hope to get via "chancing", while the two handed filter will have the Dying Breath as a hopeful chance.

"
Also what flasks, I'm sure there's obvious ones we all use. someone mentioned zombies die way to quickly for high end content.
There are again, tons of options, but we'll have roughly just over 5000 health with average high rolls (75ish) to health on our gear. That's not that high. So I like to save my flasks for my survivability. Feel free to use whatever suits your playstyle though. I only use life flasks and either a flask that gives movement speed or phasing.

"
Have you used this build on uber elder, shaper etc many times yourself? I'm sure you have just wondering. I know you said it can take on everything, just curious before I invest into it. Thanks again! And thanks for answering all the questions throw at ya!
The key to this build if you prioritize Zombies is mastering Convocation. Zombies can't face tank EVERYTHING. Otherwise there'd be no other reason to play anything else in the game. So if you care to keep them out of the "one shot" hits, you'll have to learn the battle sequences, then know where to recall you zombies. I added skeletons for 3.5 so that I don't have to care if my zombies are dead or alive in a boss battle. (Even if your skeletons are in your 4link helmet, having a helmet that has +2 or +3 to minion gems makes it comparable (or slightly better) than skeletons in a 5 link).

Honestly though, if you're already at level 60, you've gotten a feel for how the build works and feels. The damage is good enough for all content (I only use 5 links on console) so the only thing to consider is if you like how the survivability works (movement skill, movement speed, etc.).

There are tons of awesome minion builds. The one worth all your currency is the one you find the most fun :). I mean, obviously that's one with zombies and temporal chains ;)...

Feel free to ask as much as you like!

I haven't done any maps and in act 9 and starting to feel the squishiness of the build, so I can't judge a build by doing story line compared to mapping and bosses. I'm starting to get hit like a truck. But we'll have to see. Plus your playing on console vs. pc? I don't own a console so comparing a console version of a game vs. pc is apples and oranges. Just like Diablo 3. Plus I don't see a killed shaper achievement that has been done. That's why I'm curious.
Last edited by daimonxp on Dec 7, 2018, 8:18:36 AM
I've done some testing of this build in standard and I'll admit I was pleasantly impressed. Took a character to lvl 82 or so using SSF rules (no twink gear) and had no issues whatsoever with the levelling process. In fact, I'd argue that in the later acts the game became very easy with many of the boss fights being over very quickly indeed. I was fortunate to pick up a Vaal Skeletons around act V and when you have 10 zombies, 9 Skellie Warriors and you drop the Vaal Skellies in too, bosses (and everything else) simply evaporate.

There was concern that the lack of Flesh Offering would hold the character back somewhat and make it feel like the build was lacking, but again I was surprised by how smooth the gameplay is even without it. The CWDT Golem / Relic setup is useful so I don't have to worry about recasting if they should die. However, once levelled past a certain point it has been almost impossible to kill my minions due to the insane life regen the build provides for them coupled with convocation.

Highest map I've tested so far is a tier 12 and that was fine - almost too easy. Using SSF rules my life pool is a little bit lower than I'd like, but that's just gearing and not having great drops yet. If I was to dip into my stash and gear the character out fully then it'd be even better of course!

Is it as fast at meta builds? No, of course not. Is it easy to play, cheap, fun and has a laid back playstyle? Absolutely! Also, it's not bloody Arc! :D

Definitely happy to play this as a SSF starter in Betrayal. Thanks again for the guide - I will keep you posted on how it goes!

Good luck to everyone with the new league.
Its me again :) I wanted to ask about your loot filter - after reading the description I can say its very cool and I would like to use it as fast as possible :P. My question is - does it need to be upgraded before 3.5 ? Or is it actually upgraded?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info