Slow Mo Zombies! (No Uniques Needed|Relaxed Playstyle|Easy to Gear|Anyone Can Play|All Content)[3.5]

I've hit recently (when I tabbed out it was 34, when I noticed it is 35 here in the character screen I tabbed back and noticed that while I was afk the syndicate ambushed me and got eradicated from my zombies lol. Second time that happend!

Stuff got way easier when I've hit the life-regen and leech node for the zombies and when I got TC + Blasphemy and Charged Dash. Even though I thought I'd loathe Charged Dash because I was used to Lightning Warp (old habit from the talisman league where I played a Frostnova Witch) I slowly get used to the use of it with a melee weapon to apply the holy relic buff/damage. It's good enough to warp to locations that would take normally take more time to walk to and when I am able to link Enfeeble and CoH on it things will get smoother too.

I now believe that the hardest part is the early levels, even tho it might be even more "difficult" for players that haven't got a Tabula Rasa because the 6L Zombies make quite the difference.

When I fought Izaro only 2 zombies died in the second phase and I've taken quite a few hits but didn't die. Thats cool, the other build I used to play got oneshot often by Izaro :D

Unfortunately I noticed that I had my Violent Dead Jewels in another character I deleted because I didn't like the name and now they are lost. But no problem, I'll get at least one and buy the second :P

So what about Multistrike Support for Zombies?

edit: A little whining: I wish United in Dream was cheaper, it's currently 90c upwards >.<
Want to play a beginner friendly, highly expandable and reliable build? Try WreckerOfDays' ! https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2606288 -- My Hideout -> https://hideoutshowcase.com/hideout/show/2881
Last edited by LibraExAnima on Jan 17, 2019, 8:06:06 PM
"
LibraExAnima wrote:
...Another question, it may have or may have not been asked by now but: How's the sustain of the zombies later? Do they die a lot?...
The two responses before me are good stuff. Zombies are fine if you're good with Convocation. I ignore Convocation though. I don't even have it bound to a button. I added Skeletons to the build this go around so I could ignore my zombie count. The zombies survive in 90% of situations and rolls. I only suggest avoiding Physical Reflect on maps. Besides that, the only times Zombies evaporate is in the Guardians and Shaper boss battles. But that's the whole point of Skeletons. You'll beat those battles easily (once you're used to how the fight mechanics go) with only Skeletons.
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
Last edited by Wrecker_of_Days on Jan 17, 2019, 10:20:24 PM
"
saintonan wrote:
...(I gather the idea is to unlock passageways so that you don't get stuck when you go to the temple itself, but beyond that...)...
On a side note, I was browsing a bunch of zombiemancer builds and saw that quite a few were using multistrike support, since that allows them to multistrike the zombie slam. I replaced Melee Physical Damage Support with Multistrike, and that's made a noticeable difference in clear speed and especially on bosses...
So Incursions have a few things to consider depending on your goals.

If your only goal is to get to the boss at the top, then you only care about Stones of Passage which are random drops from mobs. You want to clear as many enemies as fast as you can so that once one drops, you can race to the door you want to unlock.

If you care about crafting recipes and league challenges, then you want all the different room types to be at level 3. So when you click on Alva (I hate her. I want her to join the Syndicate so I can execute her.) you have the option to kill either the boss at the top or bottom of the room. Once you kill one of them, the other boss disappears. So before you go in, you can read the description of what the consequence is for killing whichever boss. For leveling rooms, play attention to what the room will turn into if you kill that boss. Sometimes it'll change the type of room it is completely, other times it'll be the way to upgrade the room. Rooms have more of their specific perks the higher level they are. And level 3 rooms are the only ones to carry crafting recipes.

In regards to clearing the incursions you come across in maps, that's not important. The more the room is cleared, more loot that'll drop once you return to your map. That's it. It has no effect on the temple layout, it's difficulty, or which rooms are what level.

Does that make sense?

Regarding Multistrike: Multistrike still has to obey the cooldown recovery though. Technically it's supposed to. But I don't have my builds' maximized the way the typical community would. My zombies are defensive. And Multistrike keeps zombies in place for a long time in one spot. I find that though they deal more damage, they also died more because they are standing still so much. But like the guide says, make any changes you want. Do what makes you smile the most :)
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
"

(re: incursions) Does that make sense?

About as much as it can.

"

Regarding Multistrike: Multistrike still has to obey the cooldown recovery though. Technically it's supposed to. But I don't have my builds' maximized the way the typical community would. My zombies are defensive. And Multistrike keeps zombies in place for a long time in one spot. I find that though they deal more damage, they also died more because they are standing still so much. But like the guide says, make any changes you want. Do what makes you smile the most :)

Outside of physical reflect maps and superbosses, what do zombies actually die to? I'd like to have an idea of what to be cautious around. At the level I'm at, they're absolutely indestructible. I'm sure that changes eventually.
Hey, I'm enjoying this build a lot, so thank you! I have attention issues and I like that I can veg out a bit with this.

I found myself dying quite a bit at t10 maps and beyond with bad mods (which are becoming increasingly common). This was compounded by me getting an unfortunate enchant on my gloves, but I decided it was time to think about upgrading my body armor.

I got pretty lucky early league with a couple of exalt drops, so I ended up splurging on a Queen's Hunger. In my defense, it had six links with 4 blue/2 red and +1 zombies/skeletons, so there was really no excuse not to buy it. I'm broke now, but it is amazing how much safer this build feels with the offering skills (not to mention the extra 1k EHP, and 12 zombies).

Obviously this won't apply to SSF players (though if you can kill the Syndicate leader, you should), but if you're looking for a big ticket body armor, I think this is definitely the one to go for. 5-links aren't as expensive as 6-links, and the benefit of the offerings being up all the time may offset the loss of the sixth link.
I'd say that was a pretty good call, seeing as the cheapest Queen's Hunger out there now with +1 to zombies/skeletons is 5ex. I doubt I'll have the playtime to get up to red maps this season, but if I do I'll be prepared.
"
saintonan wrote:
I'd say that was a pretty good call, seeing as the cheapest Queen's Hunger out there now with +1 to zombies/skeletons is 5ex. I doubt I'll have the playtime to get up to red maps this season, but if I do I'll be prepared.

Oh wow, mine was 3ex (well, 2ex and 180c). I guess this is my new main, because there is no way I'm also getting an Inpulsa this season.

I feel kind of bad now. Maybe they listed it low because it had bad rolls, or maybe they just wanted to move it.

If I get to delve 244+ I'll offer 6link services I guess. Some way to pass my good fortune to others.
well i've got to say this is by far the easiest and most relaxed character i've ever played. never had such a cool time getting to maps, almost nothing bothers me haha, at this point i've never really been further so anybody have some tips on what to do/gear to swap next? mostly just been doing random maps and delves.
Hi WoD (can I say "WoD's up?"?)

I noticed from your posts that your play style seems to be shifting a little more towards using the skellies for offence. Have you put any thought into making the skeletons the 6-link on the one-handed build? I have made the switch to skeletons and I find it much better than a few spectres, particularly using Vaal Skeleton with my Queen's Escape equipped. (I don't have the currency or Delve Depth to craft a six link on a unique, nor the intestinal fortitude to free style it with fuses - thus I am playing a 6z/4s rather than a 6z/6s. But I am wondering if I might try switching up to 6s/4z.) This build has so many great possibilities; thanks again for your guide.
I now comment in Forums with my Xbox account:

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/xbox/view-profile/walkjohn55
Last edited by AnExile_onthePath on Jan 18, 2019, 8:33:39 PM
Did Cruel Lab tonight and barely had to move for any of the Izaro fights even with just the four Grasp powered zombies. I fear the traps so much more than any mob in the lab, just due to my clumsy maneuvering.

One thing I noticed is that Vaal Skeletons were disabled in the Aspirant Trial rooms. If I went back into the previous room, they'd light right back up again, but in the Izaro fights themselves I couldn't launch the army. Fortunately they weren't needed at all. Is that a thing in some lab layouts? Are there maps where Vaal skills are disabled?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info