Slow Mo Zombies! (No Uniques Needed|Relaxed Playstyle|Easy to Gear|Anyone Can Play|All Content)[3.5]

"
daimonxp wrote:
What are you using to attack with to kill things to raise zombies?? I don't see any gems for attack skills.

Use anything you want to at the start.

You start out with Fireball as Witch.
After you kill Hillock you can pick up Raise Zombies as a quest reward.

Here you can keep fireball if you want and use that to kill monsters and then raise zombies from their corpses.

I like to grab frees pulse at this point myself it is a good spell fast and slows the monsters down.

I then switch to Summon Raging Spirits when I get to level 4 after completing the Break Some Eggs quest in the Marshes. (might as well I am a Summoner after all right) Summon Raging Spirits is a fire-based spell, the skulls fly around and auto attack monsters if they are in range. if you have high enough cast speed you can get up to 20 of them.

At level 10 you get Summon Skeletons and use that to kill monsters over SRS.

Personally, I use all three until much later in the game when Skeletons and Zombies can handle their own.

"
x_Peleus_x wrote:
"
daimonxp wrote:
What are you using to attack with to kill things to raise zombies?? I don't see any gems for attack skills.

Use anything you want to at the start.

You start out with Fireball as Witch.
After you kill Hillock you can pick up Raise Zombies as a quest reward.

Here you can keep fireball if you want and use that to kill monsters and then raise zombies from their corpses.

I like to grab frees pulse at this point myself it is a good spell fast and slows the monsters down.

I then switch to Summon Raging Spirits when I get to level 4 after completing the Break Some Eggs quest in the Marshes. (might as well I am a Summoner after all right) Summon Raging Spirits is a fire-based spell, the skulls fly around and auto attack monsters if they are in range. if you have high enough cast speed you can get up to 20 of them.

At level 10 you get Summon Skeletons and use that to kill monsters over SRS.

Personally, I use all three until much later in the game when Skeletons and Zombies can handle their own.

Thanks for answer, also is this end game viable like shaper elder etc etc?
Hey Toots! Everytime I see your name it makes me giggle. :)

"
Toots wrote:
Just had a chance to read through the build. Very complete and exciting guide. I'm really looking forward to playing it. I have arthritis in my hands and I'm not as quick as I used to be, so a build like this is just the thing I need to be able to enjoy PoE.

I really appreciate all you've done here.
Thanks! I'm glad you like it. If you find certain aspects of the build too much for your arthritis, let me know (you can PM me if you prefer). I deal with similar issues as well so I can tell you what I do for keybinds (console and PC) if you can't find out a good system.

I'm happy to help! Thanks for your kind words :). Let me know how things go!
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
Last edited by Wrecker_of_Days on Dec 5, 2018, 2:41:30 PM
"
I wish I noticed your response before I responded. (I didn't mean to step on your toes.) 2 Violent Dead jewels is most definitely a "nice to have" thing.

I'm glad you'll be playing again! I really like the build. Feel free to pass on any suggestions of course (everyone can!).

Thanks for the kind words :).

Don't worry, you didn't step on my toes at all! I love how you take the time to respond to every player and was expecting you to post too :)

"
jackieh917 wrote:
Thank you both so much! You gave me a jumping off point and that's exactly what I was looking for.

Great! That's exactly what I was trying to do. This is definitely a build you don't need to worry about too much. I never hit a point where I thought I was making a mistake on the passive tree, it really is quite forgiving for this build.

"
0sync0 wrote:
You start off with Raise Zombies. I assume you need to use another skill to get corpses. What skills do you use for leveling?

I just stuck with Fireball until I got Frost Bomb and used those for corpses in the very early game. Once I "outgrew" those spells if I needed bodies I would just go back to Act 1 and get a few outside town. Desecrate (once you get it) is an option too, I just never bothered with setting skills on my weapon switch. It only took me 30-60 seconds to get a starter set of zombies from A1 each time I logged in and I generally play for hours at a time so it didn't bother me in the slightest to do it that way.

I might do as others have suggested and use SRS early game this time around. I don't think I'll be going the Skeletons route, though. The original build is plenty solid for me, and if that means I need to hit A1 once a day for a few bodies, that's absolutely not a bother.
"
jackieh917 wrote:
...Let me ask (whomever) this, for those that played this build in Incursion - how did you do while leveling in acts/low maps with the incursions themselves? Were you able to make any headway and upgrade your rooms at all? I'm concerned for my ability to get through rooms quickly enough to find the keys, killing the architects, and opening the doors you want.

I'm used to playing arc, which has all the clear speed in the world (even as self-cast!) so it was never an issue.
The build has changed a bunch since Incursion. This is actually the first time I've put Skeletons in the guide. In terms of clear speed I'm guessing it'll be totally fine (but not because it's my build/guide). I tested this build out for the last month on PC and had no problem at all with high density clear speeds. Breaches in T15s couldn't make enemies fast enough for my minions to kill. That's endgame though. So one thing you'll want to prioritize in your links (if you only have four linked items by the time Incursion opens up in story) is Minion Speed Support for both your Skeletons and Zombies.

You'll just have to be more aware of your own movement speed than you would have been with Arc cause you could kill off screen so easily.

Let me know how it goes when get there. I think Incursion stuff starts in Act 7 now. I'll be playing this build in Betrayal as well.

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
Last edited by Wrecker_of_Days on Dec 5, 2018, 3:40:19 PM
Hey Musty34!

"
Musty34 wrote:
Just wanted to say thank you for this great build.
Thank you for taking your time to go over everything.
One thing tho Temp chains is getting a nerf right ?
will this matter?

Anyways once again thank you.

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ TAKE MY ENERGY ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
That's a kind message, thank you. I actually had to cut a bunch out because I'm at the 50'000 character limit. So much to say, so little space...;)

As far as I read it, Temporal Chains didn't really get changed. They implemented the cap that was already on TC to everything else. So now, whether it's TC or Chill, the enemy won't be able to be "slowed" beyond 75%. Makes sense though, it adds a better value to Frozen. And it doesn't change that our minions do cold damage either. Hatred is still the strongest offensive aura by far for pure physical damage allies. So I'd be using it anyway.

Once again, thank you for your appreciation. Please feel free to comment, question, or give feedback anytime.

Annnnnd

Hi, im a new player ( starting this friday with a new league and expansion ). I really, really like this guide. Thanks for making it. Got a noob question I have to ask. I hope you can answer. During leveling i believe there are some special rewards and decisions to make. Is there anything i should pay attention to? I wanted to be sure if there are any decisions which can lately "destroy" my late-game gameplay? Some guides have special "leveling" section, describing 1-10 acts leveling, chosing quest rewards etc. Is it necessary here? Also, if u have any tips for a completely new player somehow connected with this build feel free to share, I hope Im not the only one who would appreciate them :) Thanks again.
Hey daimonxp! Good question.

"
daimonxp wrote:
Now that I've added Skeletons to the build, once you hit level 10, the Skeletons can suffice. Summon Raging Spirits (SRS) is awesome for leveling too and I think that unlocks at level 4 (The Breaking the Eggs quest). But until SRS, I just use the Fireball from the beginning of the game. SRS or Skeletons work really well. You'll see it get strong quite quickly. But use anything you like.

Let me know if you have any other questions :)

Annnnnd

"
Hey Wozmon! Thanks for the post!

"
Wozmon wrote:
I really want to give this build a try as my SSF starter. However, the need for two threshold jewels is a concern, especially as I don't want to mule another character to act V just to grab the second Violent Dead. Going to have to give it some thought.

Brilliant build and great guide. Thank you for putting it together.
I didn't really realize I had the second Violent Dead as a requirement. I've changed that now to be completely optional. Now that I've added skeletons to this build, the second Violent Dead is even more optional.

The Zombie Slam is awesome, and the more it goes off, the better. With one Violent Dead jewel, each zombie will do the slam every 1.67 seconds. With two jewels, it'll go off every 1.25 seconds. Just a perk. By no means vital or important.

I hope you enjoy the build! Feel free to ask more or provide feedback anytime! Thanks again for the compliments.

Ok, thanks for that. I will play this build SSF as my league starter and keep you posted on how it goes.
"
Jakuboss wrote:
Hi, im a new player ( starting this friday with a new league and expansion ). I really, really like this guide. Thanks for making it. Got a noob question I have to ask. I hope you can answer. During leveling i believe there are some special rewards and decisions to make. Is there anything i should pay attention to? I wanted to be sure if there are any decisions which can lately "destroy" my late-game gameplay? Some guides have special "leveling" section, describing 1-10 acts leveling, chosing quest rewards etc. Is it necessary here? Also, if u have any tips for a completely new player somehow connected with this build feel free to share, I hope Im not the only one who would appreciate them :) Thanks again.

Follow his part of Solo Self Found under Quests and Gem Locations - Quick Reference.

You can use this as a main reference as a league starter as pretty much it is Solo Self Found in the beginning. Some unique's and gear are overpriced and we do not have enough currency to buy some of it in the beginning.

The only main thing to look out for that is a great help is this reward

Act 5 - Death to Purity - Reward - Level 1 - Jewel - Violent Dead

If you miss this reward then you will have to buy it from someone or wait for it to drop or level a new character to Act 5 to get it again.
Last edited by x_Peleus_x on Dec 5, 2018, 4:24:40 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info