Path of Exile: Betrayal Patch Notes

League mechanics in its basis looks like Incursion 2.0 - more customizable and (i hope) more rewarding.

Rework of masters & hideouts is the most exciting content of this expansion (for me). It would be a lot of fun to play with it.

New & reworked skills/passives - nice.

Buffs of various unique items is very promising.

Massive nerf of 100% immune characters was expected and completely justified.
Spoiler
Those few abusers (cheaters) ruined the whole idea of delve depth competition for everyone.

I'm surprised mines wasn't nerfed at all. Mines do way more damage than traps did before their nerf in 3.4 patch.

Descriptions of "3 new ailments" are missing in patch notes. What about scarabs?
retired from forum because of censorship and discrimination
Last edited by DivineChampion on Dec 4, 2018, 10:07:23 PM
Awesome stuff!
I'm wondering how those multiple totem skills will work. Like, will the totems be randomly placed near each other? Because part of the thing with totems is that you place them in areas that make 'em inconvenient for enemies to hit. Anyway, with all this new totem stuff, it'd be nice to see a new spell totem besides the flame, shock and spell totem support ones. In any case, I'm excited for the new changes!
dam
So ahem. First of all, quality of life improvements are cool, new atlas will be fun to play with, and i can't wait to buy some of the updated uniques for 2 alch to experiment with them.
Overall, yeah, i'm pretty hyped.

Still, though.

Not a single unique item that heavily benefitted from being used in the offhand was mentioned in the patchnotes. Did you forget they exist? Prismatic Edge, Rigwald's Savagery, Death's Hand, etc. They're mostly useless\fully useless outside of offhand, and you've just gutted that. No plans on adressing those items, at all? Like either completely reworking them or removing them from the game?

Halving the damage of elder\shaper mods on weapons makes sense ,but it should've been enough on its own. This way, while GC\BV builds will still manage to use them fairly effectively, the melee builds that used them are left with Lycosidae as pretty much the only go-to option.

Nerfs to MS are noticeable, but can be compensated with grellwood buffs\base damage buffs.

Nerf to quill rain...eh. I kinda understand why it happened, but now i'm not sure if toxic rain starter will be good enough.

Can't say anythign about zephris or indigon since i've pretty much never played with them.
"
鬼殺し wrote:

Don't read into it too much, Iangyratu. I tend to like things a lot of players don't. Betrayal is the most 'alive' and dynamic league to date, as is fairly clear from the board-game style mechanics where your decisions each encounter changes the game going forward. I really love that shit.

And maybe the aesthetic improvements that blew my mind won't be that big a deal to some of you. YMMV and all that.

You often seem to express opinions similar to mine, even though we're a bit different kind of players with entirely different goals. You quoted what I tend to call 'my favourite patch note'. Whatever it is that awaits me in Betrayal, even if it's not awesome, it'll certainly be good.

The Bother progress: 11%

You don't even imagine how much harm you've caused. I'm not sure I'll live long enough to finish "The Bother". You're one of my murderers. You will never get my forgiveness unless you make up for what you've done.
Is the accuracy the on the War Banner a percent or a flat increase per stage? Would really love that detail in planning for certain minions - if it's flat accuracy increases for each stage that is much better than a percentage. The damage taken increase will be good no matter what, but I'm primarily interested in whether command of the pit is absolutely necessary for some builds.
I think I'm already in love with this league.

I wonder what these aesthetic improvements are exactly? Guess I will be curious until Friday afternoon.
Censored.
Those damn elemental flasks better NOT work while wearing Loreweave chest armor!!! Otherwise, everything else just go straight to hell. Let's hope GGG is competent.
Super stoked!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info