PSA: No Selling Decorated Hideout Exports for In-game Currency or Real Money

"
golan4840 wrote:
It's a bit ridiculous for them to not allow people to hire an in-game service for in-game currency. I suspect they maybe haven't fully thought this through and this policy might change once the expansion goes live.

Oh my. That is actually a brilliant idea!

GGG allowing hide designers to post their design on POE website and players can use their coins to buy these designs. GGG can even take a small cut out of it.

E.g.

1. Hideout design X cost 100 coins
2. Player A buys design with his 100 coins
3. Designer get 80 coins, 20 coins are consumed by GGG (as a cut)

This way, we don't have to worry about scammers. Designs can be directly downloaded from POE website. Or even better, save into Player A's POE account which he can directly access from POE.

GGG can also make purchased designs from their website to be non-exportable (as a means to prevent piracy).
"
Who the fuck would do that honestly

Scammers most likely since it would be done with an out of game file
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Why would you hire someone? You are then allowing someone into your account to do as they wished. If they stole everything and you complained to GGG, they would say, "thanks for letting us know you breached our ToS, you are now banned."

Just wait a couple days/weeks and you'll see posted hideouts on the forums. I'm not entirely certain if the launch will allow you to purchase any decorations on upload or not, but people will post their hideouts and links. GGG isn't stopping you from using the services of others, only allowing them into your account and/or profiting from it.
If it’s as game file which u can share, how ggg would find out I’ve email this file to my friend and than he just meet with me in t game and give me some chaos or whatever t price or tip is?
Well my HO usually sux cos I play ARPG not a build/decorator simulator;) but just wonder how ggg want to police this..
"There is only one true god in PoE and that is Greed... "

I don’t need anger management, I need people to stop pissing me off!
"
KOrchann wrote:
If it’s as game file which u can share, how ggg would find out I’ve email this file to my friend and than he just meet with me in t game and give me some chaos or whatever t price or tip is?
Well my HO usually sux cos I play ARPG not a build/decorator simulator;) but just wonder how ggg want to police this..

Someone else answered this above -

"
They can't. So they won't. Not allowed means no one gets to cry to GGG about it. They are washing their hands off of any responsibility.

They don't encourage cross-league trading either, but people can still do it. They just flag it as unsafe and refuse to safeguard you if things go bad.
I mean almost expect a hideoutblast.xyz sister to filterblast.xyz.

Trading/selling may not be allowed, but i would be surprised if there wasn't just going to be an open source website that just gives the stuff away.
Sooo...update! That same guy checked back to confirm this with support, and apparently this was their response -

God (or Chris) bless GGG support, man! :D

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/a2pgb4/ggg_support_knows_how_to_meme/
Last edited by Exile009 on Dec 3, 2018, 1:19:35 PM
We've just heard official GGG's stance on this, but what will happen outside of the game world nobody can control.

I think this potentional HO madness will be resolved all by itself in a few weeks.

Some strong designs will be shared by this or that way, and after there are more than few various hideout styles in circulation things will settle down.

If anyone tries to profit by selling them on 3rd party sites I guess that can last not more than few weeks as people will just find good ways to share them for free.
Alt Art items as League MTX - When?
"
鬼殺し wrote:
Naturally.

I suppose what I was really asking, if you peer closely between the lines and tilt your head just like so...is how the fuck would they police it?

Only solution I can think of would be to encode the exported hideout file so that only your account can decode it, but that would totally kill the sharing of hideouts.

There's no way to enforce this.
A really creative, talented player (let's call him/her The Artist) can share his/her hideout creations with the community for free. And other players can choose to support The Artist in any way they want, including in-game and real-world donations.

I don't see how this would be against any rules. You can watch a variety of streamers, use their creations (builds) and support them. This is not very different.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Dec 3, 2018, 6:57:27 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info