PSA: No Selling Decorated Hideout Exports for In-game Currency or Real Money

Not my query. Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/a2lr2j/psa_no_selling_decorated_hideout_exports_for/

P.S.: Sooo...update! That same guy checked back to confirm this with support, and apparently this was their response -

God (or Chris) bless GGG support, man! :D

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/a2pgb4/ggg_support_knows_how_to_meme/
Last edited by Exile009 on Dec 3, 2018, 1:18:57 PM
Last bumped on Dec 3, 2018, 6:57:10 PM
Who the fuck would do that honestly
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
So it´s not allowed to "sell" ingame time for ingame currency?
RIP, all boss and lab services.
Last edited by IamLoco on Dec 3, 2018, 3:37:38 AM
^
Well, it appears a bit strange when you look at it that way...

But we can say selling hideout deco is paying for your previous activity, while boss and lab services are current. But I also don't see why you shouldn't be payed for your effort if you want.

I think it is just easier for GGG to set it that way for now, until they think more about it. I can see various problems raised based on selling HO decorations, so we'll see.
Alt Art items as League MTX - When?
Last edited by G0rr on Dec 3, 2018, 3:51:23 AM
I believe the reason that it's not allowed, is that it if it were, it would constitute a way to gain league advantage (currency) by using resources/time investment outside of the league itself. Similar to how cross trading between temp leagues and standard is not allowed.

For example, think if someone already has amazing hideouts, and the first day of the league he made a few thousand chaos by selling them to many people in it. This would be viewed as unfair advantage probably
Last edited by smichal52 on Dec 3, 2018, 4:30:13 AM
What?

"
鬼殺し wrote:

Is accepting a tip the same as selling something? Or is the premeditated/pre-arranged agreement all the difference?

Oh, what a can of worms...

That is interesting, if you look from another angle. ggg is ok with cracking their intellectual property, building around it, and collecting donations for it. They are even ok with hiring that person.

But its not ok to sell a ingame thing for ingame currency?

If they'ld allow hidout trading the forum as well as support would flooded with "i got scammed! Paid for hideout but *** never sent me the file/trolled me with an empty hideout".

Creators of good hideouts will also immediatly get fucked because the moment they sell a few files, one (or several) of the buyers will resell them at a lower price.

That's probably among the reasons GGG doesn't want to open this can of worms.

It's an out of game file that will be transferred via out of game methods, thus outside of GGG's area of influence and control. So of course they will not allow a trade like that.
"Into the Labyrinth!
left step, right step, step step, left left.
Into the Labyrinth!"
"
鬼殺し wrote:
Naturally.

I suppose what I was really asking, if you peer closely between the lines and tilt your head just like so...is how the fuck would they police it?

They can't. So they won't. Not allowed means no one gets to cry to GGG about it. They are washing their hands off of any responsibility.
"Into the Labyrinth!
left step, right step, step step, left left.
Into the Labyrinth!"
It's a bit ridiculous for them to not allow people to hire an in-game service for in-game currency. I suspect they maybe haven't fully thought this through and this policy might change once the expansion goes live.
Last edited by golan4840 on Dec 3, 2018, 8:15:44 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info