Disconnect in Labs shouldn't start you over

"
I'm sure it's PARTLY a network issue, but everything besides PoE runs without lag or delay. There are times where I have no ping and other times where my ping sits at 1,000 and literally nothing else is slowed down.

The game will freeze completely, keeping ping at 50 or so. I will get disconnected from here, can't log back in unless I reboot the game, but my internet is working 100%. If it's somehow my network, I don't know what part, because everything else works perfectly.

The PoE server may be acting up. Try switching to a different server on the log in screen?
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
We have been saying this forever. Add check points or something so we can continue if we get dc.

Best to only do lab once for the ascendancy skills and pray you don't get dc :)
Last edited by kompaniet on Nov 30, 2018, 8:14:57 AM
"
kompaniet wrote:
We have been saying this forever. Add check points or something so we can continue if we get dc.

once they added checkpoints or allowed portals in the labyrinth, the first complainers that the game is outright boring will make people think what made it challenging once.

it's just a little bit of hardcore feeling the game provides by an area with no progress saving. everybody can do the 10 minutes, the first 3 labs don't even cost anything.
"
I'm sure it's PARTLY a network issue, but everything besides PoE runs without lag or delay. There are times where I have no ping and other times where my ping sits at 1,000 and literally nothing else is slowed down.

The game will freeze completely, keeping ping at 50 or so. I will get disconnected from here, can't log back in unless I reboot the game, but my internet is working 100%. If it's somehow my network, I don't know what part, because everything else works perfectly.

dude thats called a disconnect. i dont wanna be rude but your problem is not with the game. its the network. i played with bad connections before.
thats how you disconnect out of the game when you lose your connection to the internet.

i bet your disconnect problem can be fixed by changing your internet provider.
Trust your mind and strengthen your abilities!
"
cronus wrote:
"
kompaniet wrote:

once they added checkpoints or allowed portals in the labyrinth, the first complainers that the game is outright boring will make people think what made it challenging once.

it's just a little bit of hardcore feeling the game provides by an area with no progress saving. everybody can do the 10 minutes, the first 3 labs don't even cost anything.

Of course. I think most players are ok with the hardcore feeling just for the ascendancy skills.

The problem is if a player wants to do the lab more than once.
"
kompaniet wrote:
The problem is if a player wants to do the lab more than once.

item upgrades like lab enchants gain their value from the efforts (or luck) that is required getting them.

labyrinth is obviously so piss easy (effort side) that they also had to include luck to make enchants worth something.

everytime i read "'x' is a chore" i think: man you're just calling it to be made more challenging or make more luck required to get through it.

for example, it's a shame ggg nerfed the main game where man years of hard work went into, to people call it "a chore". imho it's simply too easy and the end of thmain game shouldn't spike in a single event (kitava) but difficulty should increase more gradually starting at act 7.

if labyrinth would have save points, even people running it regularily (if it's still worth it then) would call it "a chore" faster than you can say "itzaro".

Last edited by cronus on Dec 1, 2018, 6:09:17 AM
"
kompaniet wrote:

Of course. I think most players are ok with the hardcore feeling just for the ascendancy skills.

This very well could be true. A counter argument though is that Chris Wilson's one statement that has probably been most criticized is probably the one he made when Labyrinth was first released. It was something along the lines that GGG wanted to give softcore players a hardcore feel in Labyrinth. The panned response being that if we wanted to play hardcore then we would be playing hardcore not softcore.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info