Disconnect in Labs shouldn't start you over

"
Got D/C twice due to crappy connectivity on my side most likely due to a currently bad router which I don't have much control over. It's not often I get a D/C, but I've gotten quite a few doing labs. I understand dying and starting over, but not from a disconnect. Something literally not caused by user error shouldn't penalize you.

Hi HannibalGraham, don't feel like you're alone in this. Most of the recent lab threads are about this frustrating disconnect problem or about completing the 6 end game trials needing to be more predictable. Over 400 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1000 posters in support
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
Turtledove wrote:
"
Got D/C twice due to crappy connectivity on my side most likely due to a currently bad router which I don't have much control over. It's not often I get a D/C, but I've gotten quite a few doing labs. I understand dying and starting over, but not from a disconnect. Something literally not caused by user error shouldn't penalize you.

Hi HannibalGraham, don't feel like you're alone in this. Most of the recent lab threads are about this frustrating disconnect problem or about completing the 6 end game trials needing to be more predictable. Over 400 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1000 posters in support

m-(

what have we done to deserve dis?
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
They could've made disconnects remember where you left off in lab, but seeing as it's acceptable and encouraged to alt+f4 to avoid death in HC, it was probably done to prevent using that method to exploit the system.

Izaro about to kill you? Alt+f4 and restart the fight.
Traps about to kill you? Alt+f4 and run through the zone again.
PoE players: Our game has a wide diversity of builds.

Also PoE players: The [league mechanic] doesn't need to be nerfed, you just need to play a [current meta] build!

MFers found strength in their Afflictions. They became reliant on them. I am not so foolish.
I also get lag spikes quite often, even when my ping says it's still going at 40-50. It will freeze the screen and I have to wait anywhere from 2-15+ seconds until it returns to normal. Quite a few times dying because of it. Most of the time it will catch up with your inputs, but in harder areas, chances are you died.
Luckily on this trial, I decided to ascend before anything else. I opened 1 chest before the D/C. I literally can't even try to explore the labs anymore because I am afraid of a d/c.
"
Luckily on this trial, I decided to ascend before anything else. I opened 1 chest before the D/C. I literally can't even try to explore the labs anymore because I am afraid of a d/c.

dude you sound like you are having network problems.
please try fixing your network issues before you try fixing the game itself.
Trust your mind and strengthen your abilities!
"
Fruz wrote:
I know that many people don't like it, but logging out in the middle of a fight is part of what GGG expects people to do and they have been balancing around this.

And you act like this isn't one of the core problems with the game? There's a reason HC is derided as "Alt+F4 league."

The fact that it's balanced around logout macros is one of the core reasons I don't touch it.

They should eliminate them from being usable, (e.g, give you like a 10-second logout timer) and then rebalance the game in response to that.
Rufalius, hybrid Aura/Arc/Mana Guardian | Hemorae, TS Raider | Wuru, Ele Hit Wand Trickster
"
ACGIFT wrote:
"
Fruz wrote:
I know that many people don't like it, but logging out in the middle of a fight is part of what GGG expects people to do and they have been balancing around this.

And you act like this isn't one of the core problems with the game? There's a reason HC is derided as "Alt+F4 league."

There is a reason : some (many, I know) players who don't have the guts or the skill/knowledge to play HC need an excuse to make themselves feel better rather than accepting it.

And so they found something, likely not understanding that it's intended.

I'm not saying that everybody should play HC, it's perfectly fine to play SC.
But being bitter/rude towards HC players when one is playing SC .... it's not even hiding something at this point lol, it's just so obvious ...

SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on Nov 29, 2018, 4:38:44 AM
"
Fruz wrote:
"
ACGIFT wrote:
"
Fruz wrote:

There is a reason : some (many, I know) players who don't have the guts or the skill/knowledge to play HC need an excuse to make themselves feel better rather than accepting it.

And so they found something, likely not understanding that it's intended.

I'm not saying that everybody should play HC, it's perfectly fine to play SC.
But being bitter/rude towards HC players when one is playing SC .... it's not even hiding something at this point lol, it's just so obvious ...

it's not like people weren't doing this in diablo 2...
I'm sure it's PARTLY a network issue, but everything besides PoE runs without lag or delay. There are times where I have no ping and other times where my ping sits at 1,000 and literally nothing else is slowed down.

The game will freeze completely, keeping ping at 50 or so. I will get disconnected from here, can't log back in unless I reboot the game, but my internet is working 100%. If it's somehow my network, I don't know what part, because everything else works perfectly.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info