@Reflected Damage

The reflected damage mechanic is just bad, and needs to be reworked. With most clasess, even a small % of reflect will instantly kill them.

Sure, you can play scion or slayer with a specific build and be immune, but that limits a lot of build options.

It is possible to carefully scrutinize every single map, zana mod, and public group /unid map taken, but it's very hard to be sure the reflect isn't present. Also there is that stupid boss on racecource that serves little purpose other than to troll players unaware of the mechanic.

The pantheon to mitigate reflected damage is completely useless, as are the ring mods and passive tree nodes. Even with some 80%-90% reduced reflected damage taken, instant death will still occur. Instant leech can solve the issue, but that has mostly been removed -- yet reflect remains.

A better option would be to make reflected damage non-instant, similar to corrupted blood, stacking a degeneration debuff. The pantheon could then mitigate reflected damage over time, or players could combat it with leech/life potions. Perhaps a new flask mod to clear the reflected damage debuff and grant immunity (similar to of warding) could be added.

Another option would be to remove reflected damage all together, and instead change the mod to something along the lines of "players deal 100% less physical damage" or "players deal 100% less elemental damage" so they can swap skills and still complete the map.

Of all the map mods, this is the one that really can not be overcome by many builds, and that's unfortunate.
Sales/Services/Stuff:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2495490
Last bumped on Nov 22, 2018, 2:38:07 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
So what's wrong with chaos re-rolling? If it's a zana thing you accept the fact it can be dangerous.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
For the longest time I've been advocating the existence of reflect, because I saw a game ruled by glass cannons and clearspeed meta destroying any and all clever content in the future or PoE. This was back when VP gave you instant leech, AOE wasn't nerfed and double-dipping was a thing.

Now that the above has changed and on top, reflected mobs have been changed, I feel safe to say that reflect map mods should go all together. It's far too polarising and obsolete as a measure to limit aggressive builds.
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
Because sometimes you'll not notice the mod, or play with a friend that puts it in on accident, or someone runs an an unid map in party.

Reflect is managable if you only solo 24/7, but is very bad for groups.

I would rather reflect just be removed and the skifree yeti randomly appear every 50-100 maps and eat me. At least then there would be some amusement from a stupid death.

Also, paying zana 15 chaos for an elder map and getting reflect is cancer. Sure you can block it with a sextant, but you can't really pick the sextant ahead of time...
Sales/Services/Stuff:
Last edited by Friagram on Nov 20, 2018, 7:54:07 AM
it's not bad, people are just stupid and lazy when it comes to it.

Reflect is there, you can build around it, don't want to just want to go fast

Fine, we've removed it from monster and it is a map mod which in almost all cases you can roll over, don't want to, just want to go fast.

All you have to do is rea....don't want to, just want to go fast.

Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
It's not even about going fast.
You literally step into a map and any 1 skill instantly kills you.

This is a big issue with parties. Most people can do physical reflect, so people run that mod. Sure you can sit there and take 10-20 seconds to read it. By the time you're done the party will be so far ahead of you that youll never get flask charges to quicksilver and keep up.
Sales/Services/Stuff:
"
lagwin1980 wrote:
it's not bad, people are just stupid and lazy when it comes to it.

Reflect is there, you can build around it, don't want to just want to go fast

Fine, we've removed it from monster and it is a map mod which in almost all cases you can roll over, don't want to, just want to go fast.

All you have to do is rea....don't want to, just want to go fast.

I totally agree with you, but it doesn't work. It kills a player or two that didn't read the mods, yes, but it doesn't make them turn around and rethink their choices in builds, they will just keep going fast, but now slightly more frustrated.

For the record, I don't play the game this way and reflect does not bother me in the slightest, but a large portion of the community does play this way and reflect no longer serves the purpose it once did. GGG has released continuous powercreep every single expansion, giving players more and more way to obliterate content with the press of a button and they like it.

Reflect is the last brick in a broken wall no longer supporting the roof. Removing it does nothing for the structural integrity of the building, but at least nobody will trip over it anymore when they FLY through the cracks.
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
I died at level 98 for entering Ele reflect map without noticing, and I'm going to disagree with you on that one. Having map mods that counter the most popular builds is healthy for the game. It takes you out of your autopilot and makes the game more engaging. no build should be able to run every single map mod.

The real problem with reflect has already been fixed, I think it's just fine the way it is now.
Have no problems then, just play scion with elementalist and convert all phys to ele.

There's no reason to play any class other than scion. Or old man totems.

That's the point. Reflect serves no purpose.

I liked the crazy beasts in beastiary that would often be able to 1 shot me, at least they were a challenge to kill. But so many people cried. Reflect is 10000x worse than any 20 mod beast, yet it remains.
Sales/Services/Stuff:
Last edited by Friagram on Nov 20, 2018, 8:22:15 AM
My main problem with reflect so far has been the monotony of the game. You are supposed to run a shitton of maps and a reflect map is sure to slip your awareness every now and then. If you then go all out, since you have been farming maps for some hours and aren't really paying attention anymore, its mostly a death.

I don't feel like the reflect is the problem, I feel like the unengaging monotonous content is the problem. If I had to run less maps but pay more attention to them, I'm sure it wouldn't be an issue to realize "oh I can't run this one, oh well".

Its rather unfortunate that most map rolls that supposedly make the map harder are actually trash, just like most rare item mods that supposedly make the item better are trash. Its way too easy to not pay attention at all to the mods you are running.
“We are the race of flesh, We are the race of lovers.”

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info