@Reflected Damage

"
golan4840 wrote:
I died at level 98 for entering Ele reflect map without noticing, and I'm going to disagree with you on that one. Having map mods that counter the most popular builds is healthy for the game. It takes you out of your autopilot and makes the game more engaging. no build should be able to run every single map mod.

The real problem with reflect has already been fixed, I think it's just fine the way it is now.

I was playing a bit of a Devil's advocate in my previous posts.

Like I said, I don't care about reflect one way or another. I'll check the mods if it is relevant to my build and I'll suck it up if I forget and die to it as a result. Random mobs could be off-screen, giving you no chance to react and that's why they were changed. Map mods can be avoided, so you're right.

I just don't know if GGG would see it that way, considering how popular the clearspeed meta is.

Perhaps a compromise then:

Make reflect mods light up a different colour on maps. (or better yet give players a way to customise these to their build's own weaknesses)

That way on an 8+ mod corrupted T16 map, you won't accidentally overlook the mod.
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
Last edited by Xavathos on Nov 20, 2018, 8:26:27 AM
I have no problem with maps taking 10x longer to clear, if they gave 10x the experience and a few items worth looting.

It would be good if monster packs required planning and movement, but they don't. You just spam your 1 attack skill mindlessly, and run away from volitile flameblood.

Again with the beasts.. It was satisfying to defeat the difficult red ones that actually gave noticable XP gains. This was a very cool thing.

We have so many skills that are just complete trash tier.
Lightning tendrils, Storm Burst, Vortex.... They'll never be used because they are so damn slow and there is 0 advantage in having the gems.
Sales/Services/Stuff:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2495490
Last edited by Friagram on Nov 20, 2018, 8:30:56 AM
"
Friagram wrote:
I have no problem with maps taking 10x longer to clear, if they gave 10x the experience and a few items worth looting.

It would be good if monster packs required planning and movement, but they don't. You just spam your 1 attack skill mindlessly, and run away from volitile flameblood.

With all due respect, that's beside the point.
You could easily make the game more interesting than that, if you choose to do so.

"
Xavathos wrote:
"
Friagram wrote:

You could easily make the game more interesting than that, if you choose to do so.

Well, sure.

But as it is right now, it's a spam fest. With the rare chance encounter of something fun/dangerous like chyula breacholrd or one of the uber beyond guys. Everything else is just fodder.
Sales/Services/Stuff:
"
Friagram wrote:
"
Xavathos wrote:
"
Friagram wrote:

Well, sure.

But as it is right now, it's a spam fest. With the rare chance encounter of something fun/dangerous like chyula breacholrd or one of the uber beyond guys. Everything else is just fodder.

True but you still chose to do just that.
Its your choice for whatever reason and most will likely be valid reasons, doesnt change the fact its your choice.

My point is:
You cant opt for a cookiecutter build and then complain its actually a cookiecutter, thats silly imho.
I mean, I'm not really even running a cookie cutter build and it's this way, but ok.

There's basically 2 ways the game unfolds:
1) You have a very weak build or bad items, and it takes a long time to kill monsters and you have to run away from them and play safe.
2) You have a Good build and decent items, and you can kill most all non-rare monsters in 1 hit.

You can do whatever you want. Hide behind minions, dance in circles with RF. It's all the same really, due to scaling.

I been playing with the most horrible spells and still clearing t16s solo plenty fast using trash skills like arctic breath or spark just for fun. And sure, it's a choice. But you can't sit there and tell me it's sane to use lightnign tendrils or spark to kill a monster when you can just use arc, glacial cascade, or even freaking storm call to kill it 100 times faster.
Sales/Services/Stuff:
"
Friagram wrote:
But you can't sit there and tell me it's sane to use lightnign tendrils or spark to kill a monster when you can just use arc, glacial cascade, or even freaking storm call to kill it 100 times faster.

Actually, I can. Also, you're grossly exaggerating your numbers to get your point across. If you had a good point, you wouldn't have had to resort to that, but at least it shows deep down you know that you're wrong and you're just reluctant to say it. Am I close? :)

Spark used to be meta, actually, far beyond even Arc levels of power today. The reason that it isn't today is because there are simpler options and despite what you say, simplicity sells.

That doesn't mean that the other non-meta skills are bad at all. They can be played almost as effectively, given a proper build and the right items. People tend to go with most simple and efficient of the plethora of possibilities in order to make the game as you described, 1 button attack skill fodder, sometimes dodging a volatile or two.

The point we're trying to make is: This is purely by player choice. Your choice.

If its a choice between rerolling a map or using reflect negation equipment/builds, then something is wrong with the balance.
No mod should be an instant veto. There should be some middle ground where you just need to be a little more careful.
If this is not happening, then the numbers need changing.
"
Friagram wrote:
It's not even about going fast.
You literally step into a map and any 1 skill instantly kills you.

This is a big issue with parties. Most people can do physical reflect, so people run that mod. Sure you can sit there and take 10-20 seconds to read it. By the time you're done the party will be so far ahead of you that youll never get flask charges to quicksilver and keep up.

yeah, it's real hard to use your eyes and read the map mods or drop a totem first in unid maps.

wait, you literally did just complain about reading the affixes. my god. poe players 2018.
[Removed by Support]
"Your forum signature was removed as it was considered to be inappropriate and a breach of our Code of Conduct."

...it was quotes. from the forum. lolz!
"
robmafia wrote:
"
Friagram wrote:
It's not even about going fast.
You literally step into a map and any 1 skill instantly kills you.

This is a big issue with parties. Most people can do physical reflect, so people run that mod. Sure you can sit there and take 10-20 seconds to read it. By the time you're done the party will be so far ahead of you that youll never get flask charges to quicksilver and keep up.

yeah, it's real hard to use your eyes and read the map mods or drop a totem first in unid maps.

wait, you literally did just complain about reading the affixes. my god. poe players 2018.

Great, so what does detecting the mod accomplish?
You detect the reflect and leave the map. At least that's what I do.

Great.

I'll just play my scion and spam tornado shot for 20m dps with 0 cares of any map mod.
Sales/Services/Stuff:

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info