Skill Reveal: Lancing Steel and Shattering Steel

"
xMustard wrote:
"
Yet another league with no TRUE melee skill,
no NERF to dw stack sticks, and
NO BUFF to two handers, or pure physical builds.
Really GGG!?

what the fuck are you talking about. these aren't the patch notes

I am aware this is not the official patch notes... Relax Keyboard warrior.
However, GGG has never admitted melee is trash, 2handers are trash, and lame elemental dmg dominates the game.
No one want wants more stupid projectile skills that use melee weapons, but a large portion of the community wants real melee skills, or buffs / reworks to the ones we have now.

We want to be acknowledged these are glaring issues, so how about they stop trying to make more useless skills most people wont bother to use, and work on those issues.
"
"
xMustard wrote:
"
Yet another league with no TRUE melee skill,
no NERF to dw stack sticks, and
NO BUFF to two handers, or pure physical builds.
Really GGG!?

what the fuck are you talking about. these aren't the patch notes

I am aware this is not the official patch notes... Relax Keyboard warrior.
However, GGG has never admitted melee is trash, 2handers are trash, and lame elemental dmg dominates the game.
No one want wants more stupid projectile skills that use melee weapons, but a large portion of the community wants real melee skills, or buffs / reworks to the ones we have now.

We want to be acknowledged these are glaring issues, so how about they stop trying to make more useless skills most people wont bother to use, and work on those issues.

This. Toss in that self-cast is dead.

Any "melee" skill that is used is actually ranged. Bows are ranged. Spells should be ranged but self-cast gets dicked by totems, traps, and mines.
So GGG pretty much gave up on melee-looking like skills completely, even only remotely melee-looking like ....

They completely abandonned the idea and part of the current melee skills are just going to be crap forever I guess .... :/
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on Nov 21, 2018, 1:16:32 AM
Q? : "Are you going to rework Artic Breath?"

The skill in its current iteration is outdated and scales very poorly with the latest modifications on support gem.

I would personnaly like to see it changed into an ability similar to Incinerate. Where channeling it builds up a debuff on your targets, that deals DoT proportionally to the number of stacks. And when released unleashes a powerfull cold damage wave that exploits the debuff and Freezes/Shatter targets depending on the number of debuff stacks.

With the modifications to Cold Snap, it would make a perfect addition for a Trickster build playing around Cold and DoT effects. And leaves more options for Cast when Channeling cold builds.
Frost Blades without the cold conversion.
I would be happy if these skills could be used with daggers. They fit the fantasy of the skill way more than axes tbh.
That's not a thrust that's an overhead slash!
A not so melee melee still dont know how i feel about it but i propably will give it a try

Still real chest hair growing melee skills like cyclone and 2h melee in general desperatly needs some work to compete with all the balanced ranged builds and the not at all broken 2h killing statstick bull****
There needs to be a skin for lancing steel that replaces it with swords or some sort of blade.
ok?...
Buy the ticket, take the ride.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info