[3.17] Beginner Friendly Arc Mines Guide | All Content on 5L | Lvling Guide

Personally, I do t think you should run a 6L setup here until you are late 50s/60s even because you don’t have enough mana to do it. You won’t need the damage mods and arc is too mana hungry with them all in place.

Also, I never ran an aura other than hatred until I picked up an essence worm.
Hello.

I am blazing through red maps with this build, and have even killed a couple of guardians.

Path of Building currently tells me that my arc mines have an average hit of 181k (4L Shaper helm with lvl 20 mine support and one extra mine). However, it also tells me that my lightning spire trap has an average hit of 143k (5L in my Loreweave).

I hardly ever feel that casting lightning spire trap is worth it, because most bosses just fuck off when they deploy or just never stand still in the first place. Spamming arc seems better in my opinion.

Am I doing something wrong, or could I successfully transfer to a 6L arc setup in my loreweave instead?

Thanks
"
K4tz wrote:
Hello.

I am blazing through red maps with this build, and have even killed a couple of guardians.

Path of Building currently tells me that my arc mines have an average hit of 181k (4L Shaper helm with lvl 20 mine support and one extra mine). However, it also tells me that my lightning spire trap has an average hit of 143k (5L in my Loreweave).

I hardly ever feel that casting lightning spire trap is worth it, because most bosses just fuck off when they deploy or just never stand still in the first place. Spamming arc seems better in my opinion.

Am I doing something wrong, or could I successfully transfer to a 6L arc setup in my loreweave instead?

Thanks

You are intended to use a 6L Arc setup and a 4L lightning spire.
"
Th3LoRD wrote:

Why lightning spire at all, though? I think it sucks at 5L, so dropping it to 4L makes no sense to me. Am I missing the point here? Thanks
Hello Everyone.
Awesome building.

I'm running only arc on my helm - 4L setup for now.
However, i feel like i could have more dps\hp. But i don't know what to upgrade or change.

For now i'm doing many maps (can do T14) and saving currency for a future upgrade. Using a dual weild sceptre setup =)

If anyone can help me with a gear check i'll be very glad
Thanks in advance
"
Th3LoRD wrote:
SSF Uber elder down. Was SIGNIFICANTLY easier than I thought...

I got bored with trade league so I'm starting a SSF for the first time with this build. Figured if it works out I can use it to start SSF next league (assuming no arc nerf).

Wondering how you got Essence Worm? Seems most everything about this build is SSF friendly with the exception of that ring.
"
K4tz wrote:
"
Th3LoRD wrote:

Why lightning spire at all, though? I think it sucks at 5L, so dropping it to 4L makes no sense to me. Am I missing the point here? Thanks

You can drop Lightning Spire trap altogether if you want. I personally use it because I feel like it's good damage vs bosses. I usually start the fight by throwing a bear trap, 3 lightning spire traps, pre-laying mines and activating vaal RF. I haven't actually tested if it's better to just use Arc mines.
Though one huge benefit of lightning spire traps I've found is "allies cannot die auras". You can aim that skill.

"
pablobhz wrote:
Hello Everyone.
Awesome building.

However, i feel like i could have more dps\hp. But i don't know what to upgrade or change.

For now i'm doing many maps (can do T14) and saving currency for a future upgrade. Using a dual weild sceptre setup =)

Thanks in advance

Things yu can upgrade:
1. Remove remote mine from lightning spire trap setup. You are intended to use it as a trap.
2. Your flask setup is super weird. Don't use 2 life flasks. You should have a freeze, bleed and curse flask. If you feel comfortable without a bleed flask, you can use Atziri's Promise
3. Since you're using Call of the brotherhood, your gem setup should be completely different. 40% of lightning pen gem is wasted because part of your damage is converted to cold. You should POB your gem setup. It should be something like: Arc - Trap&Mine damage - Increased crit strikes - Minefield/Controller destruction.
Last link you can swap for mapping and boss clear.
4.Your sceptres are kinda meh. Especially since you're using call of the brotherhood, you should go for % elemental damage as extra chaos damage then craft hybrid "Spell damage + % of non-chaos damage as extra chaos damage". Look it up, that craft is much better than pure spell damage. There's a way to craft GG sceptres for ~4 ex, so don't pay more than that if you buy one. Though you should only spend ~20c before you get the 6 link.
5. Craft flat life on boost instead of hybrid life/armor&es.
6. Get a better belt. Could be a stygian for the extra abyssal socket
7. 6 Link chest. The most important stat on loreweave is "Your maximum resistances are 80%". Make sure you get that.
8. Lvl 21 arc and wrath

"
ZeroCloud wrote:
"
Th3LoRD wrote:
SSF Uber elder down. Was SIGNIFICANTLY easier than I thought...

I got bored with trade league so I'm starting a SSF for the first time with this build. Figured if it works out I can use it to start SSF next league (assuming no arc nerf).

Wondering how you got Essence Worm? Seems most everything about this build is SSF friendly with the exception of that ring.

Unfortunately I don't have a better tip than "get lucky and drop it", since that's how I got mine. There's "The Penintent" divination card in Cells map, if you want to shape your atlas and try to get it.
Before I got my loreweave, I was using something like 25quant and 300 rarity on my gear, since I could still clear the map like that. So the good news is, Arc mines has enough damage without Wrath that you don't actually need it.

But the ring is not that rare either. I played 2 SSF leagues and got it both leagues.
Last edited by Th3LoRD on Jan 19, 2019, 4:26:02 AM
"
Th3LoRD wrote:

Unfortunately I don't have a better tip than "get lucky and drop it", since that's how I got mine. There's "The Penintent" divination card in Cells map, if you want to shape your atlas and try to get it.
Before I got my loreweave, I was using something like 25quant and 300 rarity on my gear, since I could still clear the map like that. So the good news is, Arc mines has enough damage without Wrath that you don't actually need it.

But the ring is not that rare either. I played 2 SSF leagues and got it both leagues.

Thanks for the reply. I have been reading that The Penitent has a horrible drop rate now and is not worth it. So, I guess I'll hope for luck.

On the loreweave some have said farming Elreon in research is much faster than standard mapping with rarity, but I don't know how true that is. How the hell did you get 300 rarity while maintaining any decent stat base? Do you still have that gear to link?
"
pablobhz wrote:
Hello Everyone.
Awesome building.

Thanks in advance

Things yu can upgrade:
1. Remove remote mine from lightning spire trap setup. You are intended to use it as a trap.
2. Your flask setup is super weird. Don't use 2 life flasks. You should have a freeze, bleed and curse flask. If you feel comfortable without a bleed flask, you can use Atziri's Promise
3. Since you're using Call of the brotherhood, your gem setup should be completely different. 40% of lightning pen gem is wasted because part of your damage is converted to cold. You should POB your gem setup. It should be something like: Arc - Trap&Mine damage - Increased crit strikes - Minefield/Controller destruction.
Last link you can swap for mapping and boss clear.
4.Your sceptres are kinda meh. Especially since you're using call of the brotherhood, you should go for % elemental damage as extra chaos damage then craft hybrid "Spell damage + % of non-chaos damage as extra chaos damage". Look it up, that craft is much better than pure spell damage. There's a way to craft GG sceptres for ~4 ex, so don't pay more than that if you buy one. Though you should only spend ~20c before you get the 6 link.
5. Craft flat life on boost instead of hybrid life/armor&es.
6. Get a better belt. Could be a stygian for the extra abyssal socket
7. 6 Link chest. The most important stat on loreweave is "Your maximum resistances are 80%". Make sure you get that.
8. Lvl 21 arc and wrath

[/quote]

Thanks man ! With your suggestions for the arc gem setup, my dps went drom 23k to 40k on the tooltip. Thanks a lot, it made a HUGE difference.
About the other suggestions, i'm working on them =) ! The belt is being the hardest because i can't find a decent one on the trade site (stygian).

And i'm farming to get the 6L Loreweave. Also, i never used the spire trap to be honest - its just there. The only skills i use are flamedash and arc - basically. It annoys me the trap cooldown.

Thanks in advance ! Also, i got this sceptre:

Way better - huh ?
"
pablobhz wrote:
Thanks man ! With your suggestions for the arc gem setup, my dps went drom 23k to 40k on the tooltip. Thanks a lot, it made a HUGE difference.
About the other suggestions, i'm working on them =) ! The belt is being the hardest because i can't find a decent one on the trade site (stygian).

And i'm farming to get the 6L Loreweave. Also, i never used the spire trap to be honest - its just there. The only skills i use are flamedash and arc - basically. It annoys me the trap cooldown.

Thanks in advance ! Also, i got this sceptre:

Way better - huh ?

Much better! Glad I could help.

You should look into using Bear trap + Vaal Righteous Fire + Inc duration setup if you're not using Lightning Spire.
Vaal RF is 39% more damage. Bear trap is straight up 1.15 multiplier to your damage when the boss walk on it.
Last edited by Th3LoRD on Jan 19, 2019, 4:36:56 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info