[3.17] Beginner Friendly Arc Mines Guide | All Content on 5L | Lvling Guide

you should look into dropping Minefield for a better damage support once you get the "place an additional mine" mod on your Shaper helmet. you'll do a lot more damage, but with less Arc coverage (half as many potential hits, but I still clear multiple packs with a single "cast")

PoB should make it easy to realize, but I can go into numbers if you're not seeing it. before the Shaper helmet, Minefield triples the number of mines you place. after the Shaper helmet, Minefield only doubles the number of mines you place, so other supports end up being stronger. this provides a noticeable boost to DPS and a MASSIVE boost to your fully-prepped single-target burst

great guide nonetheless :D
Hi!

Great guide, very smooth levelling!

But I see so many posts on reddit about builds killing the syndicate in 1 second and them having problems because they stack up on top of each other, meanwhile I am having a really hard time with single target damage

I know my gear is not great yet, but I am unsure what to improve in order to get better single target damage... feels like I am a long way from being able to tackle shaper/guardians

Here is my current gear (level 87):
Had a blast leveling this build, used it as my starter. 87 at the moment and it was smooth, strong and even the Betrayal content, albeit challenging, was quite doable. Flame Dash is definitely a life saver. Can only recommend it, played it SSF so far. As Essence Worms are still at a ridiculous price, I will play something else inbetween. But I will definitely return to this great Saboteur later in this league!

"
donaldtroll wrote:
Hi!

Great guide, very smooth levelling!

But I see so many posts on reddit about builds killing the syndicate in 1 second and them having problems because they stack up on top of each other, meanwhile I am having a really hard time with single target damage

I know my gear is not great yet, but I am unsure what to improve in order to get better single target damage... feels like I am a long way from being able to tackle shaper/guardians

Here is my current gear (level 87):

You lack Crit Multiplier, Essence Worm + Wrath, a 6L, a Stygian Vise with yet another Abyss jewel. And your amulet is pretty lackluster too. So, many places you can look at :)

Here a few items my Saboteur uses right now, also 87. Go for something along those lines. And yeah I know, that wand was one hell of a lucky drop.

Edit: Also just noticed, you miss out a lot especially on single target damage if you dont use Vaal Arc in your 5L setup. That boost is quite something.
Last edited by KhobarKast on Dec 11, 2018, 12:49:35 PM
Reached act 4 today, clear speed is so good with arc mines. Are there any useful leveling wands/sceptres that can make things easier around these levels?
Hey, I just wanted to drop by and say thanks for this guide - I'm still kinda new to the game and decided to use this as my starter for Betrayal and so far so good! I'm currently level 77 and am farming currency for an Essence Worm.

I don't quite get the point of the spell totem/detonate mines combo, though. My understanding is that it's supposed to detonate mines any time I place them nearby - does that sound right?

Thanks again!
"
Hey, I just wanted to drop by and say thanks for this guide - I'm still kinda new to the game and decided to use this as my starter for Betrayal and so far so good! I'm currently level 77 and am farming currency for an Essence Worm.

I don't quite get the point of the spell totem/detonate mines combo, though. My understanding is that it's supposed to detonate mines any time I place them nearby - does that sound right?

Thanks again!

You use it for bosses where you have to move around quickly
Hi.

I am kinda new. Could you please specify what weapons modififiers shall I focus on before getting the final ones please?

My current build:

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/greloziom/characters?characterName=LondonsBomberMan

I do not know how to link items here, I would be glad if you could t ell me that as well. Should I keep lightning spire trap all the time?
"
greloziom wrote:
Hi.

I am kinda new. Could you please specify what weapons modififiers shall I focus on before getting the final ones please?

My current build:

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/greloziom/characters?characterName=LondonsBomberMan

I do not know how to link items here, I would be glad if you could t ell me that as well. Should I keep lightning spire trap all the time?

Open your character list by clicking on your profil picture, and select the character. From there you should be able to see items on your character, as well as in the inventory.

To post them here, you do the same thing you'd do in-game; ctrl+alt+click on the items you wanna post.
Having a blast with a variant of this build! Just came here to recommend some additional endgame options:

Spoiler

Belt: delve craft with pristine and metallic
Lavianga: just great with mom in general or mine spamming
And the extra crit Diamond flask. You get it by (SPOILER ALERT)...

Spoiler
1. Defeat the Mastermind. 2. Be lucky enough to drop Cinderswallow (probability unknown). 3. Be lucky enough to get the correct unveil (probably 50%).
Last edited by chochom on Dec 11, 2018, 7:35:25 PM
hey. i liked this build so much. it gives everything we need without any investment.

and i need help about usin smoke mine setup. dont understand how to use and lost tons of exp trying to figure. with light spire and arc setup not much slot left on skill set. any tip for usin smoke mine? and i am thinking to get eldri battery node with another mom helm. cause i guess mom makes us a lot tankier.

also what about using this flask

here my build, will be good any suggestion so i can improve my character.

Last edited by sondertg on Dec 11, 2018, 9:30:54 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info