[3.17] Beginner Friendly Arc Mines Guide | All Content on 5L | Lvling Guide

https://pastebin.com/4c4qVhLJ

Sooo I did transition to LL but miscalculated a bit and have uncapped res without bismuth flask :/
Also had to take 1 more str node cause I didnt fit in req.
Spoiler

Will try tomorrow how it works for me
"
BreyaFisher wrote:
"
AnActualHorn wrote:
"
BreyaFisher wrote:
Loving all of the tips in this thread!

Ive been playing Tremor Rod / Kaom's Heart with Arc, and my clear speed is amazing, probably the most fun I've ever had clearing maps (especially legion). My issue is, my single target dps feels really low. It could be the way I fight bosses, but I dont think thats the case - dropping all my mines and then detonating them twice does about a third of a t12-13 boss. Reapplying all the mines takes time so I mostly drop a few and then detonate detonate, repeat. Bosses are taking about a minute to kill if not more.

Thanks for any tips!

You need to use pyroclast mine for single target. Arc is just for clear

There are plenty of people running just arc.

Experienced players can make arc single target work but pyroclast is 10x better single target, which is what he is struggling with
"
ChambaMastah wrote:

- Focused on Arc damage here, and with the call of the brotherhood getting my lightning damage to convert to cold was kinda cool.. anybody can help me out here :p - THanks

Yea.. you should have planned better before swapping like I tried to warn people, lol. I have no idea what kind of hybrid build you've created, but 3.7k ES is terrible. The goal of LL is to reserve most of your life, and then ES is your "hp". You want to have less than 35% of your life unreserved to proc Pain Attunement (currently you're at 40%) and a much higher ES %.

So all of your life nodes should be removed except for Melding wheel when using Energy from Within. Saves 5 points.
Not sure why you're taking Deep Thoughts, 2 more points.
Going to stop looking at your passive tree from there. Take a look at my miner's tree for comparison, reduce points as needed to get down to the points you have to spend.

Amulet should be Presence of Chayula. We don't want HP and gives us more ES, chaos res, and stun immunity.
Body should be Shavronne's Wrapping. Good ES and prevents us from instantly dying to chaos damage.
Helm is kind of low on ES. Getting to 250 ES helm should add like 500 ES.
Rare gloves probably better than Shaper's Touch when you start balancing and need the res. 150 ES+ will be similar ES plus the res.
Spare mod on Elder ring? Faster recharge if prefix, handful of options for suffix to fill res as needed.
No ES on belt. Crystal with additional ES, ES %, and some other mods.
No life flask on LL build. Lavianga's should be enduring mana with curse removal.
Cast speed does not apply to mines. 2 of yours have cast speed modifiers. 3 of them have no ES modifiers. Abyssal jewels were fairly cheap for flat ES and 2 dmg mods.
Not sure why you have Enlighten in your shield. Put Discipline there for life reservation. Frees up mana for Heralds for flat to spells and extra ES from +2 Discipline.

Stopping there before I get a headache >.<

"
BreyaFisher wrote:
Thanks for any tips!

No life on helm or boots and missing quite a bit of HP passives. Only 90% on passives is pretty low too. Should be at least 4k HP + 1-2k MoM or 6k HP with Kaom's imo.
No freeze removal on flasks. Use Atziri's Promise (14/15 elemental) over 2 life flasks. More damage and some chaos res.
Missing a passive from quests.
Are you using Wrath and Skitterbots? Shows you have too much mana reserved to place all of your mines. That really destroys the bonus damage from Blastchain mines.
5 points for the 2 power charges ain't worth it. Destructive Apparatus is not worth 6 points imo. Can use those points towards getting the missing HP, 2-point jewels, Prodigal Perfection, and other stuff.
Boot enchant for ele pen, flat dmg, or crit chance.

If you need more single target DPS after that, my thoughts are to try Ball Lightning + Slower Proj instead of Arc + Trap support while still using only 1 type of mine. Huge single target damage, drops a bit of clear speed though. Once you get more damage from levels and gear, can go back to Arc only.

"
Pandaroux wrote:
Still having trouble in some T16, and could not take down sirus lvl 4...
Planning on transforming my amulet to a talisman soon, but don't know which tier to go for for the best risk/reward ratio.

Look up strats for Sirus if you haven't yet. Most of his stuff is avoidable.
4k life + MoM is not good enough this league imo. Metamorphs and Conquerors hit too hard. Kaom's + Tremor for 6k+ life has been good for a lot of people or switch to LL if you have the currency (multiple exalts)
Drop Essence Worm and Wrath, get another rare ring with life, res, and damage. Essence reserves too much mana after mine rework.
No clue for best talisman. Most damage is probably crit multi, best loot is IIQ, best defense life? I usually use the base amulet for attribute requirements, so I just use Talisman upgrade for random amulets I'm selling. Life % probably not terrible if using Kaom's for like 60 life/sec.
Boot enchant - Flat ele, crit chance, or ele pen.
Switch Lavianga to Endurina mana with curse removal.

"
Domen122 wrote:

Sooo I did transition to LL but miscalculated a bit and have uncapped res without bismuth flask :/

You have 2 High-Impact mines in your 6L :P.. switch to Controlled Destruction
Yea, attribute and res balancing has been an absolute nightmare with this build.. but sooo good when you get it to work. Your weapon is why you need 113 STR, but not going to be cheap to get better with less STR requirement. Only suggestion for STR is to get a jewel to replace Whispering Leer with 2 dmg, ES and STR. That is how I fixed most of my min/max attribute requirements.
If you're mirroring my gems, the gems in my weapon are getting used by my trigger craft. Not doing anything for your build unless you manually cast the skills.
I'd probably just look for a better res/ES ring than your Death Knuckle.
https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Metamorph/Z6Vv3z7CQ - 40C for a better ring with open suffix for fire res, or drop down to two ES mods and get a ring with the res for like 1c. Life is bad on LL builds, get faster recharge or flat elemental with empty prefix on rings.
If you get Enduring freeze removal mana flask, you can get a quicker Quicksilver.
Once you get Discipline up to 20, you should be at like 8.8k ES, which is pretty good. Probably over 9k when you start throwing Catalysts at your belt too.
Boot enchant or buy some Sin's already enchanted (1 ex cheapest atm at 170+ with flat ele).
Last edited by blackdeath101 on Jan 30, 2020, 10:25:06 PM
"
blackdeath101 wrote:

"
Domen122 wrote:

You have 2 High-Impact mines in your 6L :P.. switch to Controlled Destruction
Yea, attribute and res balancing has been an absolute nightmare with this build.. but sooo good when you get it to work. Your weapon is why you need 113 STR, but not going to be cheap to get better with less STR requirement. Only suggestion for STR is to get a jewel to replace Whispering Leer with 2 dmg, ES and STR. That is how I fixed most of my min/max attribute requirements.
If you're mirroring my gems, the gems in my weapon are getting used by my trigger craft. Not doing anything for your build unless you manually cast the skills.
I'd probably just look for a better res/ES ring than your Death Knuckle.
https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Metamorph/Z6Vv3z7CQ - 40C for a better ring with open suffix for fire res, or drop down to two ES mods and get a ring with the res for like 1c. Life is bad on LL builds, get faster recharge or flat elemental with empty prefix on rings.
If you get Enduring freeze removal mana flask, you can get a quicker Quicksilver.
Once you get Discipline up to 20, you should be at like 8.8k ES, which is pretty good. Probably over 9k when you start throwing Catalysts at your belt too.
Boot enchant or buy some Sin's already enchanted (1 ex cheapest atm at 170+ with flat ele).

Hahaha didnt notice it should't make a swap at 11PM i guess, i even bought CD from vendor xD
About sceptre - yeah I need to unveil some weapons to get that craft
I will do some jewel hunting today, thanks for the tips :)

Edit:
Got this one, now res are capped :)
Last edited by Domen122 on Jan 31, 2020, 10:50:40 AM
"
Domen122 wrote:

About sceptre - yeah I need to unveil some weapons to get that craft
I will do some jewel hunting today, thanks for the tips :)

Probably won't be in PoE much this weekend, but feel free to PM or post on forums a time range with time zone you'll be playing this weekend and I can craft it for you if you have a weapon to craft it on. I think it only costs like 3c or something, but it is a suffix craft for reference.

Hi all, I've been following this guide for a while and recently decided to make the jump to LL, in part in order to understand the economy around ES items better. However, I don't seem to know what I'm doing, since both damage and survivability somehow feel worse than when I was using Tremor Rod and a 5L Shroud of the Lightless. Before the switch, I killed AL6 Sirus deathless, now I just wasted all my portals on AL7, and even reaching lvl 93 feels far away. I'm also far, far away from oneshotting metamorphs. I don't mind manual dodging, but still being oneshot regularly is a bit annoying.

Right now, I think the priority gear-wise would be
- more damage on elder ring, possibly dual elder/warlord with conductivity on hit
- better jewels
- more ES on belt
- maybe wand with +1 to lightning
- boots with comparable ES + resistances
- helmet with supported by trap/mina damage (maybe, arc still feels OK against non-bosses)

No idea as far as the tree goes. Budget is around 10 ex right now, but I can probably liquidate some stuff to end up at 15-20.

None of those feel like more than an incremental improvement though, which is why I'd like to ask the people in here who run LL for some advice before I go broke on items that don't actually help.

https://pastebin.com/Hx7ax1vU
Which Panteons should I take for LL?
Edit:
Also got this one

Now i need to get nice jewel and exp for 95 for Arcane Potency
Last edited by Domen122 on Feb 1, 2020, 7:08:27 PM
"
sweatdisco wrote:
None of those feel like more than an incremental improvement though, which is why I'd like to ask the people in here who run LL for some advice before I go broke on items that don't actually help.

Change Concentrated Effect to Controlled Destruction. Area damage does not apply to BL.
Missing 7% cold res when DD is not up. I'd probably just drop DD for Wise Oak for Lightning Pen too.
Not sure about Vaal Purity of Lightning + Vaal Haste. I'd take the Heralds and Skitterbots for more consistent damage.
I'd probably skip the Arc set-up and just use Ball for everything. Opens up some sockets for Vaal RF for boss nuke and Blood Magic Precsion 1 and Clarity X up to as high as you can reserve life.
Throw in a Stone Golem if you have the socket somewhere for some more ES regen. Annoying to recast on some maps, but adds another 100+ ES/sec.
I'd take Vaal Discipline over Discipline. Vaal Discipline allows you to activate ES recharge on the fly.. kind of like an ES potion. Just miss out the 21 Discipline, but not major.
Maybe a different CWDT set-up. With all of the LL auras and the wee bit of ES leech we have on tree, any CWDT skill like Volatile Dead can help regain the ES we just lost on top of our regen.
Energy from Within over Whispering Sight adds like 150 ES.
Divining Shavronne's can add 100-200 ES.
Sin Trek's max out at 150 ES roll, which adds another 150-200 ES.
From there to get more ES, look for ES conductivity ring plus another solid ES ring and belt with res as needed. My non-curse ring adds like 500 ES over yours, and belt added another 350.
The gear changes above should get you to around 8.5-9k ES, simultaneously increasing your regen too.
If you want a bit more ES/mana, can trade the damage nodes at start for Arcane Will.
I'd use curse removal over bleed removal Diamond flask. Some of the curses will add quite a bit of damage, especially double curses like Assassin's Mark and Elemental Weakness/Vulnerability.
Small selection of weapons under an exalt I just checked that added about 5% more damage unless you want to look into the trigger set-up I've been using for Frenzy and other shenanigans.

"
Domen122 wrote:
Which Panteons should I take for LL?

Now i need to get nice jewel and exp for 95 for Arcane Potency

I usually always go Brine and Garukhan, but since we're stun immune I went Lunaris. More movement speed and chance to avoid/dodge. Solaris probably better if you're struggling with the bosses.
Spoiler
"
sweatdisco wrote:
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable

Unavailable
Unavailable

Hi all, I've been following this guide for a while and recently decided to make the jump to LL, in part in order to understand the economy around ES items better. However, I don't seem to know what I'm doing, since both damage and survivability somehow feel worse than when I was using Tremor Rod and a 5L Shroud of the Lightless. Before the switch, I killed AL6 Sirus deathless, now I just wasted all my portals on AL7, and even reaching lvl 93 feels far away. I'm also far, far away from oneshotting metamorphs. I don't mind manual dodging, but still being oneshot regularly is a bit annoying.

Right now, I think the priority gear-wise would be
- more damage on elder ring, possibly dual elder/warlord with conductivity on hit
- better jewels
- more ES on belt
- maybe wand with +1 to lightning
- boots with comparable ES + resistances
- helmet with supported by trap/mina damage (maybe, arc still feels OK against non-bosses)

No idea as far as the tree goes. Budget is around 10 ex right now, but I can probably liquidate some stuff to end up at 15-20.

I’m running an Arc only build if you’d like to check out my setup for comparison. I play on console so some things aren’t easily obtainable (elder/warlord opal ring base for example) but I’m doing fine with what I’ve acquired up to this point. 7.5k ES using Prism Guardian and damage is fine when full buffed. Defeated A8 Sirus, clear 16s easy. The hardest thing for me was getting my sequence down of laying all my mines and using all my flasks, dash, and RF before detonating. Once you get the cycle down, If you still feel your damage is lacking then something may be wrong. More than willing to answer specific questions I just don’t check back often. Good luck!
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
"
blackdeath101 wrote:

Change Concentrated Effect to Controlled Destruction. Area damage does not apply to BL.
I'd take Vaal Discipline over Discipline. Vaal Discipline allows you to activate ES recharge on the fly.. kind of like an ES potion. Just miss out the 21 Discipline, but not major.
The gear changes above should get you to around 8.5-9k ES, simultaneously increasing your regen too.

"

I’m running an Arc only build if you’d like to check out my setup for comparison. I play on console so some things aren’t easily obtainable (elder/warlord opal ring base for example) but I’m doing fine with what I’ve acquired up to this point. 7.5k ES using Prism Guardian and damage is fine when full buffed. Defeated A8 Sirus, clear 16s easy. The hardest thing for me was getting my sequence down of laying all my mines and using all my flasks, dash, and RF before detonating. Once you get the cycle down, If you still feel your damage is lacking then something may be wrong. More than willing to answer specific questions I just don’t check back often. Good luck!

Huge thanks to both of you! To anybody trying to improve their LL Arc miner, this is some really good advice that I'm only partway to implementing. After cleaning up a few bits and pieces, among them the total rookie mistake of running an effective 5L ball lightning, things already feel a lot better.

Itemwise I ended up getting new rings with more ES first, then a Dying Sun (which really helps out with the fast-moving metamorphs - I noticed a lot of my projectiles just weren't hitting properly). Finally, I just couldn't bring myself to give up the mapping QoL of Arc, so I splurged on a pseudo 6L for BL. Shaper and Elder went down easy - now, testing the setup on A8 Sirus is all that's left.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info