[3.17] Beginner Friendly Arc Mines Guide | All Content on 5L | Lvling Guide

"
AnActualHorn wrote:
"
Edeka wrote:
"
8ctavarium wrote:
This is one of the best guides definitely in terms of describing leveling process and of course the build itself is really cool. To prepare myself to league start I've created compiled power point style presentation with this guide here. I hope this more condensed version of this awesome guide will be a nice help for you in league start. Just go full screen it and go play through acts.
Cheers!

Damn nice, thanks for the effort!

Is this build stronger than say arc trap? How is the map clear compared to it?

Why Mines over Traps?

1. Since the 3.4 patch, detonating mines became instant so there is not as much of a discrepancy between the clear speed of traps vs. mines. I personally find mines to be cleaner because you don't have to wait for trap travel time and aiming with them.

2. Mines have a higher DPS ceiling, especially considering you can clear with arc mines and gem swap to Glacial Cascade mines for single target if desired. Or just having Arc mines in a pseudo 5L Shaper Helm and GC mines in your 6L.

3. Traps get free frenzy charges from the Master Sapper node, no such node exists for mines. These nodes are also located near phase acro and are convenient to pick up.

I read that, but what about the map clear speed compared to traps?
I've been following this while leveling and having fun, but I have question:
The guide says to run Wrath and Herald of Thunder (Or Ice - there is a discrepancy there between the leveling gems section and the act 3 section) - however, even with only running wrath, I find myself stuck on mana - one arc mines cast costing me nearly 20% of my mana.

How do you manage that with 75% of your mana reserved?
"
Tomgathericon wrote:
I've been following this while leveling and having fun, but I have question:
The guide says to run Wrath and Herald of Thunder (Or Ice - there is a discrepancy there between the leveling gems section and the act 3 section) - however, even with only running wrath, I find myself stuck on mana - one arc mines cast costing me nearly 20% of my mana.

How do you manage that with 75% of your mana reserved?

I'm not expert but i guess it depends on your eq.
I'm using only wrath because it's a lot better for me to have possibility to cast more mines rather than some more dmg aalso mana flask is pretty weak if you have like 80 unreserved mana.
You could for example buy Praxis ring but it's up to you if you want to spend 1c this early.
Btw you are wearing white gloves, you can use transmutation orb on it and maybe some alteration to get for example life roll, the same with armor (use augmentation orb if you have blue item with one affix).
Also you have reaaally bad wand, you can get at least 50% inc spell damage for 1 alchemy (probably better to get 2 wands on levelling instead of wand + shield), check this link: https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Betrayal/GdeZvbFb.
"
AnActualHorn wrote:
RESERVED

Hi Im using ur build for betrayal league and currently having a blast but I had a question. While leveing I found a tremor rod and while using it placing traps were really fast and they detonated almost instantly however when I made the switch to wand and shield it felt as if it became really clunky and slow as if there was a delay to the detonation. could you take a look at my character and see if im doing something wrong as im fairly new and any help would be greatly appreciated :D

Also, what jewels do I look for to put on the POB tree as you only listed abyss jewels for belts.

Lastly, is ther any way to increase the mine laying speed and detonating speed? Thank you!
Last edited by Chaavy on Dec 8, 2018, 4:35:02 PM
On your PoB you have vaal skeletons and Ahn's Heritage shield. How come you use those over the ones in your guide? Just curious to find out if they better/worth it over the gear in the guide.
"
Chaavy wrote:
"
AnActualHorn wrote:
RESERVED

Hi Im using ur build for betrayal league and currently having a blast but I had a question. While leveing I found a tremor rod and while using it placing traps were really fast and they detonated almost instantly however when I made the switch to wand and shield it felt as if it became really clunky and slow as if there was a delay to the detonation. could you take a look at my character and see if im doing something wrong as im fairly new and any help would be greatly appreciated :D

Also, what jewels do I look for to put on the POB tree as you only listed abyss jewels for belts.

Lastly, is ther any way to increase the mine laying speed and detonating speed? Thank you!

Tremor rod gives great mine laying speed, so it will feel good in the short term.

Your final Ascendancy node will give 100% increased mine arming speed and some more laying speed.

Any Good lvling uniques for the build ??
Hey AnActualHorn, I've used your build as my league starter and it's going pretty well! I'm currently level 81 and loving it.

I checked your profile and see you're using Kaom's heart and a Tremor rod, how are you finding that compared to the build you have here? Also I tried going on your twitch channel and got an error message :(.
Hey a have a questio i play this build in 3.4 and want in 3.5 but i have a mana problem.
We reserve big amount of mana and take MoM so are mana pool to use is very low.
With 6L arc cost 90 mana per use in my case or maybe its depend on my gear.
Do you ahave any idea how to resolve this, i think MoM and low mana pool block our DPS and what about you think to resign from some life nodes and take Eldrich battery node for?
Really beginner friendly and interesting. I started Betrayer league yesterday and I am in Act 7 now.

I have a question about the level of Clarity. Why level 3?

Edit:
Another question here.
The cold damage is totally for shattering enemies right? If I got "adds # to # cold damage for spell" from wands or jewels, is there any better support gems to choose from, like Lv3/4 Empower?
Last edited by fangfang830617 on Dec 9, 2018, 1:30:38 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info