[3.6] Immortal Blade Flurry Assassin - Face-tank All Content - [CAN BE DONE ON BUDGET!] - 1 MIL+ DPS

I've switched to running something similar to this build. My exceptions are that I make use of Voidheart as a ring, and I do so by running Double Strike (bleed interaction) instead of blade flurry, and a Vile Toxins Support gem (poison interaction). Also took a different route on the passive tree, but that's about it. Vile Toxins adds a ton of dps.

https://pastebin.com/Z2DS9nZD

I'm netting 1.9mil shaper dps (with flasks, but not with lion's roar) and 7k hp. It's also hassle-free, with a nice blood magic+faster attacks+fortify setup for whirling blades, and two immortal call CWDT setups (one with summon stone golem). I like the stone golem, but you could also run Lightning Golem for 2mil shaper dps. Oh, and you can corrupt bloodseeker for an extra 70k dps, and run "double strike has 15% chance to deal double damage" for another 100k or so.

Only downside is gem swapping for aoe. I'm trying to think of a solution for that: preferably I'd like to run a separate aoe attack setup in a rare helmet that has an "increased aoe" affix and maybe another socket-related affix, and then run Bloodlust in my chest armor (as I can proc bleed with the setup in my helmet). Another minor downside is that people like to run Kaom's Roots for uber elder, but you'll lose out on some resists if you do that in this build (it's pretty tight as it is).

I also play on standard (I know) and there I run a legacy voidheart, which adds about 120k dps. So, getting another source of poison on hit will greatly increase the dps of this build (with a regular voidheart).

I used to run this: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297478 but I don't really like it anymore. It'll basically add 1k hp at the expense of instaleech and some conveniences, but it also relies on a legacy abyssus, so it's not really worth it.

BTW that duelist build is a bit overrated in my opinion. As assassin you have many benefits, such as increased DPS against enemies with full life, low life, and against single enemies. This adds greatly to clearspeed. The interactions with power charges are also great. Sure, he has a 7% chance to gain power charge on crit corruption, but it's much less reliable and incredibly rare. Most people won't have decent power charge uptime. He also uses lion's roar, which is incredibly irritating for anything that can get knocked back as double strike range is very poor and you'll be running after enemies. It does work well against bosses that cannot be knocked back, though. But yeah, not having to use Lycosidae is a great boon. He also has a crapton of incredible gear that is really expensive. I've messed around in his PoB and it's very easy to get his DPS down to 1-1.5mil just by using mediocre gear (or my own gear basically). It's a nice build but definitely not all that superior.

The downside for assassin is that getting a 'hits can't be evaded' claw means you won't have access to instaleech anymore -_-.

BTW for anyone reading: all these builds are not "immortal" for endgame content. (1) You can get one-shot by huge hits, such as Phoenix's aoe attack or Uber Atziri's flame blast, (2) although it happens very seldom, you can still get instagibbed by some packs of magic monsters if you're running a map with vulnerability or enfeeble (melee is melee), (3) you need to stay in combat and leeching, or you will die, (4) bosses with immunity phases (= most endgame) can be tricky if you don't have flask charges during such phases. You can't leech off an immune boss and your life regen is rather low. This is also an issue during uber lab - especially if you're running vaal pact for whatever reason (ugh).
Last edited by grindst0ne on Jan 17, 2019, 6:20:29 AM
"
grindst0ne wrote:
Post...

Nothing wrong with swapping the build up. These guides are really just more so a template more than anything. People have different ways they want to play so feel free to do any changes to your liking. :)

Yeah, I really hate swapping gems to. Though I take a lot of time to write my guides or just theorizing in general, I hate taking the time to swap gems. I would rather just use one setup and keep playing straight.

There really isn't any true immortal build as you said. I did mention this in the guide though. The only real thing stopping you is getting one-shot or if get hit rapidly for large chunks of damage, but why would you stay in the front seat of such an attack though, right? Certain builds can tank these kinds of hits, but it is still really risky to do so. But yeah, as you said, this is one of the faults of melee too because we have to literally be in hugging range for certain builds.

I understand that range builds crap on melee builds, but I still enjoy melee builds a whole lot more. I'd rather play what I enjoy. :)

Thanks for stopping by and dropping some suggestions and knowledge. :D
*Want to try out some fun hipster builds? Check out my thread below!*
[Build/Stream Thread]
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2246315
thanks man. But what should i do in early game. Any item you pref cause face tanking so hard in early level ?
"
SirkKafasi wrote:
thanks man. But what should i do in early game. Any item you pref cause face tanking so hard in early level ?

Well, you aren't really going to be face-tanking too much in the early game unless you have some decent gear. I would recommend using Ornament of the East when you can. Since it is a claw, it already works for the build and it grants us 44 life gained on hit which makes us face-tank pretty well in the early stages.

It also has the hits cannot be evaded mod on it so if you can't buy a Lycosidae yet, this is a great budget item. You are totally fine with just using two of them too. They are quite cheap at that as well so they are great to level with until you can start using your other gear.
[Build/Stream Thread]
I need help understanding a few things.

1. I put as much crit chance/multi in my build as I possibly can, including items and jewels. But even with my charges, it shows I have something like 55% crit chance. I don't have the last ascendancy yet, but even still, that won't get that number up to 95%. What am I missing here? I have all the gear/gems/jewels/flasks/etc at lvl 86.

2. I noticed in the video you're getting red and green charges. I think I'm only getting blue.

3. Also in the video, there seems to be these circular lightning aoe explosions hitting enemies as you go around. What's that, and is that a part of the build? if so, how?
"
TH3_ARTIFIC3R wrote:
I need help understanding a few things.

1. I put as much crit chance/multi in my build as I possibly can, including items and jewels. But even with my charges, it shows I have something like 55% crit chance. I don't have the last ascendancy yet, but even still, that won't get that number up to 95%. What am I missing here? I have all the gear/gems/jewels/flasks/etc at lvl 86.

2. I noticed in the video you're getting red and green charges. I think I'm only getting blue.

3. Also in the video, there seems to be these circular lightning aoe explosions hitting enemies as you go around. What's that, and is that a part of the build? if so, how?

Could you enable your character tab so I can pull your character in PoB? It will make it a bit easier for me to find out what is missing in your build.

Also, the build isn't about grabbing a ton of crit chance, it is more so about the crit multiplier so don't worry that your crit is only sitting at around 50%. Even my crit is only sitting at around that percent. To be honest, just us sitting at 50% is way more than enough crit chance as it is. This is why we are scaling the crit multiplier to get our damage even higher.

The green charges are coming from Blood Rage, as there is a chance to get frenzy charges on kill with Blood Rage. If you followed the build guide, it should have been explained in the CWDT setup.

Let me know when you have your character at unchecked so I can pull your character in PoB.

Thanks!
[Build/Stream Thread]
Why are you taking wrath and herald of purity? It's only 10% more damage per skill. You could easily get 15% more from you're tree. PoB is where I get my stats from. I'm a little confused.
"
DrEfreet wrote:
Why are you taking wrath and herald of purity? It's only 10% more damage per skill. You could easily get 15% more from you're tree. PoB is where I get my stats from. I'm a little confused.

Why are you mentioning the skill tree when Wrath and Herald of Purity have nothing to do with the skill tree?

I originally just used Wrath because I had a Watcher's Eye drop from an Uber Elder fight that had 2 Wrath mods on it. Even though this is the case, Herald of Purity and Wrath grant me the most damage as auras. Now, someone else's version of the build could be different depending on what kind of damage they have converted or as flat damage.

For my build, these two auras give the most damage with my current setup. I'm not counting Vaal Haste/Haste just because I threw it in for free since I had an Aul's Uprising. If you disable Wrath and Herald of Purity, the next highest damage skills/spells would be Vaal Ancestral Warchief and then Phase Run. Wrath would be the 3rd most as an aura, and then Hatred next, but since we already grab Wrath, we won't have enough mana to use with Hatred. Because of this, the next best aura/mana reservation skill would be Herald of Purity. Herald of Purity gives double what Herald of Ash would for my variant of the build.

I have helped other people make this build and depending on what gear they got and jewels they grabbed, certain auras benefited them more compared to my setup. It really just depends on what you are equipping and what kind of flat physical/elemental damage you have on your gear.

And to be honest, this was one of my earlier builds. This is a bit outdated now and I can already see a ton of areas where I could improve it compared to my newer builds now. I honestly haven't even touched this character ever since he dropped into Standard from a past league.

Hopefully this makes a bit more sense. If you were going off of your own PoB, then it might make sense since I said that depending on your gear and jewels, the aura setup could be different. If you are strictly going off of my PoB, you can check it yourself just like I said. Wrath and then Herald of Purity are the most beneficial for my variant of the build. Yours most likely will differ depending.
[Build/Stream Thread]
char bad asfk
"
Niico75 wrote:
char bad asfk

This character is a bit outdated unfortunately. :(

It was one of my first guides and characters from back then too. My other builds are definitely better than this one, by far. I've learned a lot more throughout time. :]
[Build/Stream Thread]

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info